Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 06:18 AM

8,081 posts, read 7,006,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Did you watch the video? It basically said: this is how not to be racist and sexist. If that hurts your feelings, ask yourself why.
Because White Males and Sexism/Racism are not mutually exclusive.

Old 12-21-2016, 06:19 AM

18,482 posts, read 7,145,575 times
Quote:
Racists never have, but there came a time when we stood up against overt racism, and some of you felt shame for the first time. You guys are increasingly more shameless.
People are increasingly more shameless because the left's definition of what constitutes racism has grown increasingly more ridiculous and far fetched.

But hey, keep on going with the identity politics thing.....

How's that working out for you lately?

Old 12-21-2016, 06:21 AM

8,090 posts, read 7,005,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
People are increasingly more shameless because the left's definition of what constitutes racism has grown increasingly more ridiculous and far fetched.

But hey, keep on going with the identity politics thing.....

How's that working out for you lately?
I'm old enough to remember when identity politics was called "civil rights".

Old 12-21-2016, 06:22 AM

39,494 posts, read 27,841,770 times
Quote:
Did you watch the video? It basically said: this is how not to be racist and sexist.
Probably true. But what is wrong with "blue lives matter?" They seem to have a problem with that.

There are a lot of people (not just limited to one racial group) seem to believe that it is okay to judge police officers simply based on their career choices. If you are a cop, you are bad.

Old 12-21-2016, 06:31 AM

8,444 posts, read 4,780,658 times
Quote:
Did you watch the video? It basically said: this is how not to be racist and sexist. If that hurts your feelings, ask yourself why.
Thank you, I forgot to add "belittling" to my original post. That's also counterproductive.

Old 12-21-2016, 06:36 AM

8,090 posts, read 7,005,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Probably true. But what is wrong with "blue lives matter?" They seem to have a problem with that.
This is a reasonable question and I think you're asking in good faith. There are two things wrong with Blue Lives Matter:

-It's often used by the All Lives Matter contingent, and frankly the two messages are incongruent. ALM is basically a rebuke of ALM. The argument is that BLM is exclusive and prioritizes the lives of black people over all others. How, then, is Blue Lives Matter okay? Saying All Lives Matter AND Blue Lives Matter while complaining about BLM implicitly states that black lives DON'T matter.

-Police are a self-selecting group who risk their personal safety in exchange for money and power. They are not analogous to an ethnic group. I don't hear "soldier lives matter" or "firefighter lives matter", so, once again, I'm left to assume that Blue Lives Matter extsts only as a rebuke of Black Lives Matter, and is therefore racist.

Black people are being called racist due saying "end extrajudicial, state-sponsored killing of black people". Do you realize how crazy that is? White sensitivity to being called racist is being prioritized over the actual LIVES of black people. That's the REAL racism.

Old 12-21-2016, 06:38 AM

1,378 posts, read 742,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I have never seen such a retarded video in all my entire life. I wouldn't be surprised if Obama directed it.

Who the hell does MTV think they are and does anyone even watch them? That channel has been infiltrated by liberals a long time ago and is essentially a useless channel that no one watches.

Reports are that MTV is not attempting to delete every copy and block it after backlash.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuOGf1iuLEA
A useless channel that noone watches? I beg to differ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Aren't you always complaining you can't find a job in the Work forum?

It's no wonder.
Haha, good one!

Old 12-21-2016, 06:39 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,462,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
At this point, I'm not sure racism has to be justified.
Quote:
Racists never have, but there came a time when we stood up against overt racism, and some of you felt shame for the first time. You guys are increasingly more shameless.
What guys are you talking about?

The guys who made the racist and sexist video attacking white males?

Those guys?

Old 12-21-2016, 06:41 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,462,791 times
Quote:
The video itself is racist and sexist.

It specifically attacks white males.

A video that was really against racism and sexism would not target a specific racial/gender group.

Liberals and leftists don't seem to understand what the rest of us can see so clearly -- that THEY are the racists and sexists.

THEY are the ones who support racial and gender preferences that discriminate against whites and males.

They are the ones who are always obsessing about race, gender and class, and who refuse to look at people as individuals instead of as members of superficial groups.

Hey, if you libs are going to be racist, why shouldn't I be racist?

What you're really after is not social justice and equal opportunity, but power and supremacy -- which you're not willing to earn; instead, you demand that whites and males just hand it over to you, and if they don't, you'll have a temper tantrum.

Mmmmm, I don't think so!

Last edited by dechatelet; 12-21-2016 at 06:53 AM..

Old 12-21-2016, 06:47 AM

39,494 posts, read 27,841,770 times
Quote:
This is a reasonable question and I think you're asking in good faith. There are two things wrong with Blue Lives Matter:

-It's often used by the All Lives Matter contingent, and frankly the two messages are incongruent. ALM is basically a rebuke of ALM. The argument is that BLM is exclusive and prioritizes the lives of black people over all others. How, then, is Blue Lives Matter okay? Saying All Lives Matter AND Blue Lives Matter while complaining about BLM implicitly states that black lives DON'T matter.

-Police are a self-selecting group who risk their personal safety in exchange for money and power. They are not analogous to an ethnic group. I don't hear "soldier lives matter" or "firefighter lives matter", so, once again, I'm left to assume that Blue Lives Matter extsts only as a rebuke of Black Lives Matter, and is therefore racist.

Black people are being called racist due saying "end extrajudicial, state-sponsored killing of black people". Do you realize how crazy that is? White sensitivity to being called racist is being prioritized over the actual LIVES of black people. That's the REAL racism.
Okay. I can see your point.

I understand that the point of the “Black Lives Matter” movement is not that the lives of African Americans matter more than those of white Americans, but that they matter equally, and that historically they have been treated as though they do not.

My point is that it is not about what you say, it is about HOW you say it.

I have no problem with "black lives matter", but when Protesters Chant: ‘Pigs In A Blanket, Fry ‘Em Like Bacon’ I do believe they have gone TOO far. Wouldn't you agree?

Balance is the key.

here’s where things get interesting: If you were continually penalized for being white and male or being white male, the negative reinforcement would eventually stop working.

You’d become resentful of the constant punishment. Maybe you’d stop caring. This is not what we all wanted, yes?

Long term, negative reinforcement doesn’t get the job done — and that’s where we bring back positive reinforcement.

Like I posted earlier, ALL white men in my family are good people. No racists. My uncle even became doctor without border. I think he deserves a gold star. You don't see a white folks appreciation day anytime soon, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies