Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 10:37 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
No. The press and polling orgs have no credibility, which is clear to anyone who has been paying attention.

Moreover, there is an obvious national subversion issue that needs to be and will be dealt with. It threatens democracy. Skewed polls, largely due to unbalanced sampling, is part of that issue. The bureaucratic and press subversion of the office of the president is another aspect of the issue. All that the continued agitation does is show us your heads as they pop out of their holes. I encourage you to keep it up.

What might upset you is when your thread gets deleted for duplicating a recently dealt with topic on the forum, in this case many times over, which is against forum policy.
Ok, I get it, the numbers upset you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 10:52 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,661,013 times
I have some friends who voted for Trump because they wanted change and did not like Hillary. They are now having second thoughts as they believed that all his primary bluster was a show and that he would get serious and concentrate on governing once he actually got elected. They are not too wild about his spending so much time tweeting about personal affronts and opinions and loading up his administration with the very people he railed against in the primaries.

I wonder how many other Trump voters are starting to waver a bit on their support at this point?

Old 02-12-2017, 10:59 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I have some friends who voted for Trump because they wanted change and did not like Hillary. They are now having second thoughts as they believed that all his primary bluster was a show and that he would get serious and concentrate on governing once he actually got elected. They are not too wild about his spending so much time tweeting about personal affronts and opinions and loading up his administration with the very people he railed against in the primaries.

I wonder how many other Trump voters are starting to waver a bit on their support at this point?

Probably not. You're forgetting his opponent

Old 02-12-2017, 11:01 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I tend to agree, the Democrats were weak and determined to make Hillary Clinton the first woman President, even though she too was deeply unpopular. The Democrats deserved to lose.
It's painful, but sometimes the Democrats need to lose badly when they get off the reservation and start thinking they are diet Coke Republicans. Let the GOP overreach like they always do, while giving the Democrats an opportunity to do some soul searching. That's the problem inherent within the Democratic Party. But, that's how we got FDR. Republican disaster after Republican disaster and we got Medicare and Social Security

Old 02-12-2017, 11:03 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It's painful, but sometimes the Democrats need to lose badly when they get off the reservation. Let the GOP overreach like they always do, while giving the Democrats an opportunity to do some soul searching. That's the problem inherent within the Democratic Party
I hope they use this opportunity to self reflect and get in touch with America again. They seem all too happy to represent the coasts but have forgotten about all the people in the middle. They need to get in touch with the Honey Boo Boo crowd that Trump owns.

Old 02-12-2017, 11:06 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
I hope they use this opportunity to self reflect and get in touch with America again. They seem all too happy to represent the coasts but have forgotten about all the people in the middle. They need to get in touch with the Honey Boo Boo crowd that Trump owns.
Trick is to finding a way to entertain their racist tendencies without giving white supremacy legitimacy. The GOP did it before with their "coastal elites" attitude and it worked. They suckered in poor rural whites and convinced them to slit their own wrists in the name of cultural populism. The SJWs also did nobody favors either I do have to say, and that's where Bill Maher is right on the money, telling the SJWs to go f*** themselves and he's one of the most liberal "mainstream" guys.

Me and Michael Moore are from the rust belt, and while I was too optimistic about Hillary, Moore knew what was up.

Old 02-12-2017, 11:07 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post

Suuuure you do. It's been 3 weeks.

Old 02-12-2017, 11:11 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
geee what a surprise when you have 99.9% of the media are liberals,,,,,,and vote democrat,,

they protect the democrats and attack republicans...

i see it every night..

obama was treated like a unicorn and trump like a disease..

this is one of the reason trump won......got so sick of seeing one sided bias news

Old 02-12-2017, 11:12 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,661,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Probably not. You're forgetting his opponent
No doubt about that; kind of like me drawing a 5ft tall opponent for one one one basketball. I wonder though, if maybe in hindsight, Kasich or Bush or even Rubio might now not seem so bad after all.

Old 02-12-2017, 11:16 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
I think a lot that will depend on whether Trump actually produces the high-paying low-skill manufacturing jobs he has promised all those people (without unions). He doesn't believe in raising the minimum wage, so that is not going to increase wages.

If wages remain stagnant for them (as has been happening for the last 35 years), or if the cost of living goes up due to protectionism and trade wars, those people's lives will not be much improved. All he's proved in the past is that he can enrich himself.

Whether he can do it for others remains to be seen--he's made all kinds of promises to people. Higher paying jobs seem very tied to technology and would require skills, education and training or unions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies