Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 12:35 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
All these cheap celebrities, corrupt media, fashion designers are drawing attention to themselves with hate filled publicity gimmicks related to the inauguration. Just cancel the big events, take oath in office & start your job. No need to even broadcast it as the media will benefit from it. Don't waste time, effort or money on haters. Skip the unnecessary formalities & focus on getting the job done.
Au contraire. Trump craves the adulation of all those "cheap celebrities, corrupt media, fashion designers."

And if you don't get that, then you truly have no idea who this man who created "The Celebrity Apprentice" really is.

He's all about the flash and style and not at all about the substance.

History doesn't lie. Look it up--he has been a social climbing, celebrity seeker since the 80s. Bigly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 12:38 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
I agree Trump should cancel the inauguration.
Liberals and their pimping media are going to cause so much havoc and anarchy it won't be worth it.
I feel for the whole Trump family -- democrats should be ashamed of themselves.

Old 12-23-2016, 01:05 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
All these cheap celebrities, corrupt media, fashion designers are drawing attention to themselves with hate filled publicity gimmicks related to the inauguration. Just cancel the big events, take oath in office & start your job. No need to even broadcast it as the media will benefit from it. Don't waste time, effort or money on haters. Skip the unnecessary formalities & focus on getting the job done.
Sounds like some winners needs a safe place. Suggestion: grow a thicker skin, trump is going to be in the limelight so long as he is in office and he will be criticized any time he does something others do not agree with. But hey look at it this way you have already gotten in practice making up excuses for what he says or how he did not mean what the words used mean, going to get a lot more practice before it is all said and done.

Old 12-23-2016, 01:32 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I agree Trump should cancel the inauguration.
Liberals and their pimping media are going to cause so much havoc and anarchy it won't be worth it.
I feel for the whole Trump family -- democrats should be ashamed of themselves.

Old 12-23-2016, 01:36 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
The President Elect is already working hard compared with President Elect Hussein Obama. He already gotten more done than Congress and Obama in the last 8 years.

When has Obama ever worked with a company to save jobs? He always talk a good talk but never delivers.

He said ACA will help EVERYBODY save healthcare insurance cost? Instead it becomes the most expensive health insurance plan ever to be passed onto the working middle class.

America should never vote a President simply by the color of skin or orientation.

Old 12-23-2016, 01:46 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
The President Elect is already working hard compared with President Elect Hussein Obama. He already gotten more done than Congress and Obama in the last 8 years.

When has Obama ever worked with a company to save jobs? He always talk a good talk but never delivers.

He said ACA will help EVERYBODY save healthcare insurance cost? Instead it becomes the most expensive health insurance plan ever to be passed onto the working middle class.

America should never vote a President simply by the color of skin or orientation.
How about the Auto Industry bailout? I think that saved some jobs, no? I know, you're gonna tell me there was something wrong with it, bad idea, not Obama, etc. I've heard it for 8 years.

You're generalizing on the ACA. It was meant to try to give everyone ACCESS to healthcare. Affordable it's not. And if he'd never passed anything, you'd still be paying out the wazoo for health insurance, IF you had it. Thanks to it, both my adult children have health insurance and they would not have prior to it. But, you are correct, it's not affordable. But it wasn't going to be anymore. That trajectory was always going up.

Trump didn't work much with Carrier. That was publicity for him. Pence did the most work and what Carrier got was corporate welfare and a bonus to keep SOME of their jobs here. They didn't keep the whole company here. Shameful is what it is although I'm happy for the 800 people that got to keep their jobs.

But you just keep believin' in those media headlines...it's a pretty, blue world there!!!

Old 12-23-2016, 01:48 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
It's amazing that anyone that supports the birther boy can point a finger at anyone and accuse them of corruption...seriously!.

Old 12-23-2016, 01:52 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Sounds like some winners needs a safe place. Suggestion: grow a thicker skin, trump is going to be in the limelight so long as he is in office and he will be criticized any time he does something others do not agree with. But hey look at it this way you have already gotten in practice making up excuses for what he says or how he did not mean what the words used mean, going to get a lot more practice before it is all said and done.
When someone bull-****s me they lose my respect and support. One would think that the birther boy's supporters would have already caught on that he lied his butt off to get their support and is filling his cabinet with elitists that are the essence of the swamp he said he was going to drain. Why would anyone continue to support this entitled trust fund baby charlatan? Beats the hell out of me...

Old 12-23-2016, 02:04 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
When someone bull-****s me they lose my respect and support. One would think that the birther boy's supporters would have already caught on that he lied his butt off to get their support and is filling his cabinet with elitists that are the essence of the swamp he said he was going to drain. Why would anyone continue to support this entitled trust fund baby charlatan? Beats the hell out of me...
Blind ignorance and thoughts of going back to the 1950s when they or their families felt like kings. World's changed, times have changed, this guy lied and blew pixie dust up their a$$es and they bought it. Some people are just like that.

Old 12-23-2016, 02:08 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Good idea. LBJ was sworn into office on an airplane, after a tragedy, setting a precedent that should apply after this election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies