Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 09:20 AM

325 posts, read 153,697 times

Advertisements

I am in a weird position. I agree with Burdell on Israel and International Law but I am also a Trump fan. No matter who was going to be president sucking up to Israel was going to be their agenda as it always has been. Trump was just the most American first candidate of all of them running....in the end though Israel will come before America....sad but true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2016, 09:25 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Nearly all of his economic policies, abortion, guns, and immigration policies are conservative . He was a independent , then switched democrat in 2001, and has been a registered conservative since 2009...

A lot of people switched to conservative after obama took office . He basically ruined the democrat party....
We shall see but I believe those who see him as a conservative are in for a shock. I don't think he's actually either Lib or Con, I think his primary concern has been, is, and always will be himself and he'll spew any ideology he needs to to benefit himself.

Old 12-24-2016, 09:30 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,990,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
We shall see but I believe those who see him as a conservative are in for a shock. I don't think he's actually either Lib or Con, I think his primary concern has been, is, and always will be himself and he'll spew any ideology he needs to to benefit himself.
Only time can tell, but I do think Trump is not doing this for himself. The guy is rich and powerful already.. He has interviews from 30-years ago where his message was the same it was today. The media tried very hard to destroy Trump. If you really studied the man for the past 30 years.. He has done a lot of good things for charities, people, cities, and local establishments in the past. Nobody is perfect. The MSM really tried hard.

Old 12-24-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacSoc View Post
I am in a weird position. I agree with Burdell on Israel and International Law but I am also a Trump fan. No matter who was going to be president sucking up to Israel was going to be their agenda as it always has been. Trump was just the most American first candidate of all of them running....in the end though Israel will come before America....sad but true.
I have no problem with our alliance with Israel, I'd just like to see some consistency in our policies. We either accept International Law and don't support any country's violations of it or we reject it in its entirety. Otherwise there's really no law, it's do what you want when you want and if we do it I'd expect others to follow suit.

Personally, I'd like to see us withdraw as much as we possibly can from the ME without violating the terms of any treaties already in place. That region's been a cesspool for centuries and I don't believe any outside forces will change that, it's up to those of the region to learn to live together or face the consequences.

Old 12-24-2016, 09:34 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
In all fairness Obama, as awful as he is, has nothing to do with raising interest rates.

Old 12-24-2016, 09:35 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
I agree and that's been his moto in the last 8 years while claiming Republicans did this or that. He has no problem destroying this country as I see it, without the Republicans help.

Old 12-24-2016, 09:36 AM

649 posts, read 316,626 times
Trying to defend Obama is like trying to pick up a turd from the clean end .

Old 12-24-2016, 09:36 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
In all fairness Obama, as awful as he is, has nothing to do with raising interest rates.
They finally can raise interest rate while they couldn't before.

Old 12-24-2016, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Only time can tell, but I do think Trump is not doing this for himself. The guy is rich and powerful already.. He has interviews from 30-years ago where his message was the same it was today. The media tried very hard to destroy Trump. If you really studied the man for the past 30 years.. He has done a lot of good things for charities, people, cities, and local establishments in the past. Nobody is perfect. The MSM really tried hard.
I grew up in the NYC area and have heard him for well over 30 years, I believe he has a huge ego in need of constant feeding and seems to have little problem feeding it with little regard for the truth. Seeing how he's apparently incapable of sloughing off the most picayune criticism I think he's made a really poor job choice. Like it or not he's placed himself in the world's hottest kitchen and utterly failed to follow the wisdom of Harry Truman's very sage advice.

Old 12-24-2016, 09:51 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Anyone paying attention can see that it's just a good old third world kleptocracy. The people he surrounded himself with will make sure that he gets off the populist track, it's just going to be lots of controlled populist flash, for example Carrier he said during the campaign that the east he would deal with companies like Carrier would be via tariffs when it came to actually dealing with carrier someone in his administration hit him with a rolled up newspaper and said no! We don't do tariffs we give tax breaks and that's what he did, again just flash, the person I am puzzled about is Bannon all these captains of industry are the globalists that he hates so much, looks like he is losing the first battle I wouldn't count him out i think he is the smartest person in Trump's white house and he is a long game big picture kind of guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies