Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 04:34 PM

5,667 posts, read 5,102,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Umm... why?
Because we should not be going along with accommodating their insanity. Nor would I want it ever presented to my child that these are normal or safe people to be around. Same for pedophiles, serial rapists, or murders - some with personality disorders or other serious mental illnesses are just not fit to be in society running around free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 04:35 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,089,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
But it is not natural at all. It is freakish. Nature is natural and normal. Sex change operations are not.
Yes, but society nowadays look at it as normal as apple pie.

Old 12-28-2016, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
As a 64 year old curmudgeon, I can admit that the whole "trans" topic kinda creeps me out. However, I have seen enough and read enough to know that most of these people are in real pain, pain that we might not be able to understand. We are always learning new things about the human psyche. Forget the 19th century, just 25 years ago it was an accepted practice to mock "queers" openly. Now, gay marriage is the law of the land in most places. It is a challenge to our "normalcy bias" to have to make accommodations for trans people, just as it was and is a challenge for many to accept gays and lesbians. I always try to think about these things from the standpoint of "what if it was my kid"? That way we can bring a little more compassion to the conversation and realize that these are just people trying to live THEIR lives as best they can.

Here read all about em...yes they are on a different wavelength.

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php

Old 12-28-2016, 04:39 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,233,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Because we should not be going along with accommodating their insanity. Nor would I want it ever presented to my child that these are normal or safe people to be around. Same for pedophiles, serial rapists, or murders - some with personality disorders or other serious mental illnesses are just not fit to be in society running around free.
"Umm... why"

I'm asking again becasue this doesn't justify your point. Murders, rapists, and child molesters (making a distinction from pedophile as it's rare we notice someone is a pedophile before they actually do something dangerous) represent a threat to others. A trans person does not. Just because you don't want your kid to be exposed to it doesn't mean anything. Be a less ****ty parent. Just because a trans person may cause your kid to ask you a difficult question doesn't mean you can takeaway someone's freedom.

Old 12-28-2016, 04:40 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,623,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Basically the "boy" was born a girl. His/Her birth certificate says female. Boy Scouts says they make decisions based off the birth certificate.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cub-scout...171745383.html
That seems reasonable. The boys camp together, use the bathroom in the woods together, sleep together. It does make a difference, seems to me, whether the kid has male or female genitalia.

There are other activities where it may not make a difference. But in conditions like these, I think it does.

Is the military allowing transgenders...born female but identify as male but still with female genitals?

Old 12-28-2016, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Boy Scouts are a private organization. They get to choose who they allow in their group.

Should we be outraged that the Girl Scouts don't let men join?
They prob will get some transgirl to try.

Old 12-28-2016, 04:42 PM

11,388 posts, read 16,771,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Let's stop and recognize that we're talking about Cub Scouts, not Boy Scouts. These are very young children whose parents are involved in all pack activities. Cub Scouts, at least in my experience, is pretty open about who participates, and siblings of both genders join in the fun as they wish. As a Scout leader, I would welcome this young person and see no reason to exclude him.
Just curious as an observation. What happens when this boy/girl turns into a woman and now being an older Boy Scouts, say 14 years old, goes on overnight Boy Scout adventures with other 14 year old boys and nature kicks in?

Old 12-28-2016, 04:43 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,623,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
In the 21st century it is considered natural and normal for some boys to have vaginas, and some girls to have penises.
No, it's not. That's a hermaphrodite, I think it's called....it's a medical condition that is supposed to be fixed. Someone whose gender isn't made clear by the genitalia.

Old 12-28-2016, 04:47 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,413,633 times
I'm thinking that some of you do not understand that young women aged 14-21 and members of BSA Venture Crews regularly work as counselors-in-training and full-fledged staff members at summer camps across the country. The camps provide separate bathing and sleeping facilities, but otherwise, the young people spend their days together. Transgender members can similarly be accommodated.

When my fifteen-year-old son attended National Youth Leadership Training this past summer, his counselor was a nineteen-year-old woman. His patrol had both female and male members. They all slept in individual tents in the same campsite and used single-occupancy outhouses. It was a great experience for him, and there were no difficulties at all between the genders. This issue has been worked out for years.

Old 12-28-2016, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Just curious as an observation. What happens when this boy/girl turns into a woman and now being an older Boy Scouts, say 14 years old, goes on overnight Boy Scout adventures with other 14 year old boys and nature kicks in?

Depends on what they look like.

Do a Google image search for 'buck angel man with a vagina'

I like girls, but don't have any interest in him...vagina or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies