Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 09:04 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
With Obama's latest decisions it may very well be that Obama is losing his fan base so fast that he soon will be drifting at sea...

Putin on the other hand is gaining more respect and I doubt that Americans are supporting the actions that cause Russia to be seen as the power player in the world.

Remember when Obama told Russia that in his 3nd term he could do way more...is this what Obama had in mind?

Your O-P-I-N-I-O-N-S ate noted as is the complete lack of anything factual supporting them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2016, 09:08 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
I might know more about Russia than you suspect!
Daily life for your average Russian is a chit life!
End of arguing with you.
Absolutely.

My husband has a half sib in Russia. He raised a family of 5 in a tiny, dark 2 room apartment in what we would call a public housing project. This family is considered middle class from an economic standpoint.

The corruption everywhere is obvious to the most casual observer. It's exhausting.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:11 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
The liberals only liked Russia when Lenin and Stalin were in charge, killing millions of innocent people.

Then they thought it was a "paradise."

Many of them joined the Communist Party or were fellow travelers, hoping and working for a Communist revolution in the United States.

They were passionate anti-fascists -- well, they were until Stalin made a deal with Hitler to divide up Poland, and then they were pro-Hitler for a couple of years.

Now, with communism long dead in Russia, they are suddenly anti-Russian. Hmm. Why?

Because Russia throws its weight around almost as much as we do?

Because it's as corrupt as Loretta Lynch meeting Bill Clinton on an airplane?

Because it's as deadly as the young DNC staffer who leaked emails to Wikileaks mysteriously being shot to death in Washington, D.C.?

They didn't mind when Hillary did her "re-set" and Obama promised to be "more flexible" after his second election.

It's all a great mystery...but I think it has something to do with Trump!

Last edited by dechatelet; 12-31-2016 at 09:25 AM..

Old 12-31-2016, 09:14 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Absolutely.

My husband has a half sib in Russia. He raised a family of 5 in a tiny, dark 2 room apartment in what we would call a public housing project. This family is considered middle class from an economic standpoint.

The corruption everywhere is obvious to the most casual observer
. It's exhausting.

Probably what has the Republicans so jealous of and enamored with Putin and seeking his tutelage.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:25 AM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,955 times
Quote:
I might know more about Russia than you suspect!
Your posts shows opposite.

Quote:
Daily life for your average Russian is a chit life!
So, why are thousand of americans picked "russian' chit life"?

Quote:
End of arguing with you.
It's a wise decision of yours. Because you have nothing to say here.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Would you want to live in Russia since Putin in your eyes is such a strong leader. He criminalizes protests. He has stifled artistic freedom. He intimidates human rights lawyers....
Well, looking at the rioting and lawbreaking protesters against Trump, the so-called "art" of Lady Goo Goo, Beyonce and Miley Cyrus, and the "human rights lawyers" who have turned Gitmo into a luxury spa and resort for terrorists, I can sympathize quite a bit with Putin's approach. Tempting.....

Old 12-31-2016, 09:40 AM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
My husband has a half sib in Russia. He raised a family of 5 in a tiny, dark 2 room apartment in what we would call a public housing project. This family is considered middle class from an economic standpoint..
Yes, there are families in Russia who live in such apartments. But they don't pay rent. They pay utility bills only. But here, in America, we have alot of americans that live in a tiny appartment because they can't afford to rent a big one in a decent area. And additionally they must pay utility bills.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:45 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
With Obama's latest decisions it may very well be that Obama is losing his fan base so fast that he soon will be drifting at sea...

Putin on the other hand is gaining more respect and I doubt that Americans are supporting the actions that cause Russia to be seen as the power player in the world.

Remember when Obama told Russia that in his 3nd term he could do way more...is this what Obama had in mind?
Oh so subtle that internet with its viral flood of misinformation.

In the past we have not been so subtle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_I...'%C3%A9tat

Old 12-31-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Let's dissect your post a little. You say Putin is a strong leader, is not a liberal, is smart, has a concern for his country, and has a respect for law and order. Yep, you are right, he is a strong leader, and has respect for law and order..........HIS LAW AND ORDER ! Do you really idealize a leader who has his people afraid to say even the slightest thing against him or his government because of punishment ? Do you realize how many Russians are living at the Siberia Trump Towers because Putin didn't like something they said or did ? Is this the kind of existence you want to have ?

I can see how Trump was able to get away with his con game, some of you really have no grasp on reality.
"His law and order" -- give me a break.

In contrast, we have our "law and order" -- Loretta Lynch meeting with Bill Clinton on a plane, the DNC staffer who leaked emails to wikileaks mysteriously shot dead on the street in Washington, D.C., Hillary and Obama starting a war in Libya and then leaving it a failed state....

There is nothing Putin has done that we haven't done. And by "we", I mean Obama and the Clintons.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Well, here is part of the OP post that started this entire discussion:

Read it yourself and see if it doesn't say Putin has more respect among Americans than Obama.
He should have more respect.

Obama's a race hustler, a fraud, and completely corrupt and lawless.

He's also sold out this country to Iran, which makes him a traitor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies