Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 04:01 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,984,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
More people are pro-choice today than ever in history. Anyone who thinks abortion will go away one day is delusional.

Religion is also in large decline and won't be coming back. As people become more educated, Religion becomes harder to sell. Republican's are just clinging to nostalgia. They are delusional if they believe Trump's election will change the U.S. in the ways they want.
Yet studies show that the unborn can suffer pain. The unborn is not a thing but a human being

If more people are more pro-choice today than ever in history how do you explain this then: The Democratic Party bragged about making their 2016 platform the most pro-abortion platform yet. But on Election Day, Democrats and Hillary Clinton — who was endorsed by, funded by, and had staff associated with Planned Parenthood — suffered a giant loss. As a result of the 2016 election, the Republican Party, which adopted the most pro-life platform in years, will not only control the White House in 2017, but also a majority in the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate.

Leaving pro-lifers behind: An end-of-year look at Hillary Clinton's loss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2017, 05:48 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Actually the issue divides Americans so much it swings back and forth every so often but not by much. The long term trend has been increasingly pro-life but it swings back and forth a bit. Americans Choose "Pro-Choice" for First Time in Seven Years | Gallup

And I'd say the arguments being used to support abortion (i.e., if you don't support it don't have one, unborn fetus isn't a person, etc.) are more or less similar to the arguments used in support of slavery 160+ years ago. And will likewise be denounced in the future.

Old 01-01-2017, 10:29 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Yet studies show that the unborn can suffer pain. The unborn is not a thing but a human being

If more people are more pro-choice today than ever in history how do you explain this then: The Democratic Party bragged about making their 2016 platform the most pro-abortion platform yet. But on Election Day, Democrats and Hillary Clinton — who was endorsed by, funded by, and had staff associated with Planned Parenthood — suffered a giant loss. As a result of the 2016 election, the Republican Party, which adopted the most pro-life platform in years, will not only control the White House in 2017, but also a majority in the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate.

Leaving pro-lifers behind: An end-of-year look at Hillary Clinton's loss
fetal pain doesn't develop until around the 20th week, most abortions happen before 8 weeks. the election was about far more than just abortion.

Old 01-01-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Actually the issue divides Americans so much it swings back and forth every so often but not by much. The long term trend has been increasingly pro-life but it swings back and forth a bit. Americans Choose "Pro-Choice" for First Time in Seven Years | Gallup

And I'd say the arguments being used to support abortion (i.e., if you don't support it don't have one, unborn fetus isn't a person, etc.) are more or less similar to the arguments used in support of slavery 160+ years ago. And will likewise be denounced in the future.
slavery was inflicted on persons already born against their will, it is nothing comparable to abortion.

Old 01-01-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
slavery was inflicted on persons already born against their will, it is nothing comparable to abortion.
You're splitting hairs here. Abortion is done to humans against their will.

Old 01-01-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
You're splitting hairs here. Abortion is done to humans against their will.
not splitting hairs a born, living person sold into slavery is completely different than a developing pregnancy that can not think, or feel or continue to develop without the womb of an individual woman. human, yes, the ability to live life without a womb, no.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:01 AM

2,232 posts, read 2,119,019 times
People have used the nonsense "younger people less favorable of abortions" for so many decades. Pro-choice opinions generally develop the older we get. Due to our own life experiences and observations we learn over time that this is a sad but necessary part of humanity. I have several women in my head who have had abortions and my one thought in my mind is to thank whatever god there is that they didn't reproduce more. Every woman I know who has had abortions also has several other children, and most are being raised under less than desirable circumstances.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
not splitting hairs a born, living person sold into slavery is completely different than a developing pregnancy that can not think, or feel or continue to develop without the womb of an individual woman. human, yes, the ability to live life without a womb, no.
Split hairs all you want to defend an evil. You'll be in the same category as the slavers in future history books.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:03 AM

2,232 posts, read 2,119,019 times
Abortion rights are like gun rights. Politicians talk about restricting them, etc, but it is a bunch of here say. Abortion has been with us since the dawn of humanity and will be with us for all recorded time, despite whatever laws are on the books to stop them.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:13 AM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I don't vote based on abortion. I think the people that do are a very small group, but that are Honestly, I think in terms of actual votes, not noise, the left could lose more votes on the issue.
Ditto^ Most Feverant Anti-Abortion people are bible thumpers and are just obnoxious. I vote Right most often unless they are extremely Religous, and dont even look at abortion as an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies