Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 06:26 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,333,676 times

Advertisements

Wait, now she admits that the biggest threat to Germany is a result of her politics? Time to step back...

Still she think it was correct what she did, and the burden that German people and taxpayers have to carry will be tremendous. I think Merkel just wants to calm down voters, her own party and prevent more and more people voting for the far right but she still think her agenda was good. Actually under Merkel a conservative party became leftist and green. Time for a real change.

It is not only islamist terrorism that imposes a threat to Germany. It is islamic disrespect for civilization, gender equality, freedom and democracy that is the even bigger threat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2016, 06:58 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,840,533 times
She wants to get re-elected next year so changing her stand about refugees. She greatly under-estimated the intensity & number of attacks on her people by the refugees & was hoping to stay in power by holding her ground about open borders but her people got badly beaten up & quickly turned against her. She didnt realize that the invaders dont even believe in democracy, so forget about participating in elections. They want sharia rule so they would rather setup parallel tribal laws within their community & keep pushing back on the govt. citing discrimination if they dare to interfere with their religious laws. So she has to appeal to the native people for votes & that means siding with their issues & trying to resolve the problems she created. If she has any shame, she needs to take her millions of petro $$ she got from selling her soul & disappear like Hillary.

Last edited by theluckygal; 12-31-2016 at 07:07 AM..

Old 12-31-2016, 09:16 AM

29,825 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
If she has any shame, she needs to take her millions of petro $$ she got from selling her soul & disappear like Hillary.
I agree, but there is an issue with these globalist types. They think they know what's best for you, me, and everyone else on this planet. They believe that mistakes on the scale of what's going on in Germany are just ordinary "costs of doing business".

Politicians have stolen way too much power, and too many people have lost the will and desire to look out for their own collective interest. Islamic terrorism was not an imminent threat to Germany until stupid Merkel invited them all in. Merkel is the greatest threat to Germany. Politicians around the world are a threat to civilization.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:24 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Talk is cheap and actions speak louder than words. Is she going to actually DO something to back up that statement, or is it more empty politicking and she'll continue on the same course? Politicians rarely 'wake up' and have such a drastic change in policy, my money would be on her saying what ever will get her votes while she continues down the path of ruining Germany.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:41 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Talk about flip flopping, this is a sharp 180.

I wish I could sit down one on one with her and ask her so many questions. Do you guys think this is just for show? I mean just to get votes. Whether she really believes in it or not, ultimately it is about winning the election, going with the flow.
Something to consider: a decade or so ago, she went on record saying that multiculturalism is a policy destined to fail. Her more recent willingness to allow large sums of migrants into the country was actually the first 180. Assuming this comment is genuine, this is more returning to where she stood not too long ago.

Why she does this is beyond my knowledge. Money? Blackmail? Perception of popular opinion? I don't know.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:43 AM

1,008 posts, read 487,439 times
Merkel is the greatest threat to Germany.

Old 12-31-2016, 10:54 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Too little too late. She invited them in, the Germans (especially German women) are stuck with them.

Have fun.

Old 12-31-2016, 10:55 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
Wow....ya think?

Old 12-31-2016, 11:00 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Merkel s saying whatever she can to save her party...

Old 12-31-2016, 11:45 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Merkel is a demonstrated master manipulator and liar, with damnable training in East Germany to boot. Her election season speeches should be wholly ignored. The sooner that she's gone, the sooner it will be that Europe can pick itself back up again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies