Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 12:08 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Totally, totally misleading. I was in Gottingen, Germany before during NYE and young ahole German white teens and early 20 somethings were doing the same exact **** in the town's square during new years. Tons of drunk German kids were also literally urinating out in the open in the middle of the street with their junk out in front of everyone.

Try again.
I agree after watching some more videos, especially from Berlin where the situation was the same, and the people were regular Germans, not immigrants. I asked the mods to change the thread title for being misleading.

Old 01-02-2017, 12:09 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I do not want to mislead, because it is not just refugees, but regular citizens too. The Europeans are far more lax in regulating the sale and use of fireworks than is US. In Florida they are against the law, although some people bring them in anyway. Either way, that is just wild and dangerous.

No, they are not.

Old 01-02-2017, 12:14 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,330,890 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Totally, totally misleading. I was in Gottingen, Germany before during NYE and young ahole German white teens and early 20 somethings were doing the same exact **** in the town's square during new years. Tons of drunk German kids were also literally urinating out in the open in the middle of the street with their junk out in front of everyone.

Try again.
You saw white german teens shooting guns like they are doing in this video, I doubt it.

This video is insane. I believe they are blank and fireworks guns but its a strange scene. This scene doesnt even seem like a western country.

Old 01-02-2017, 12:18 PM

21,478 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1KzCa7E7hk&t=108s

Not sure how many got hurt, but that is just crazy.
Looks like some of the neighborhoods around my house on New Year's Eve. They're just having fun with fireworks. I'm surprised they allow all those fireworks in the city though. They're illegal in the city nearby, but I live in an unincorporated area of my county, and there are fireworks all over the place during the time periods allowed (two weeks in July and two weeks in December).

Old 01-02-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
No, they are not.
Quote: Under Florida law, only sparklers, approved by the Florida Division of State Fire Marshal, are legal for consumer usage. It is illegal to use exploding and/or flying fireworks in Florida, which include: shells and mortars, multiple tube devices, Roman candles, rockets and firecrackers.

Old 01-02-2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Looks like some of the neighborhoods around my house on New Year's Eve. They're just having fun with fireworks. I'm surprised they allow all those fireworks in the city though. They're illegal in the city nearby, but I live in an unincorporated area of my county, and there are fireworks all over the place during the time periods allowed (two weeks in July and two weeks in December).
Right. Just because I have not seen anything like it before, does not mean it's new and unusual. I have now seen a bunch of videos from different parts of Europe, and understand they are simply more relaxed with the fire-works laws/enforcement than here.

Old 01-02-2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
You saw white german teens shooting guns like they are doing in this video, I doubt it.

This video is insane. how do these refugees and migrants get guns? This scene doesnt even seem like a western country.
Were there guns? I thought it was just fireworks. In South Texas, many people stay inside on NYE because a lot of people shoot guns instead of fireworks. Now that's crazy!

Old 01-02-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Right. Just because I have not seen anything like it before, does not mean it's new and unusual. I have now seen a bunch of videos from different parts of Europe, and understand they are simply more relaxed with the fire-works laws/enforcement than here.
It's interesting that Florida doesn't allow them. We have places that don't, and when it's really dry during a drought they will ban them. But my area of Texas normally allows them outside of the cities. Thankfully, my neighborhood has pretty strict rules against them. But it's pretty much a tradition for us to get fireworks and shoot them off nearby. It's a lot of fun too!

Old 01-02-2017, 12:34 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,930,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post

This video is insane. I believe they are blank and fireworks guns but its a strange scene. This scene doesnt even seem like a western country.
What i did see were white German teens and youth pointing bottle rockets at areas with crowds in order to shoot them into groups of bystanders. I saw white kids throwing fireworks into groups of people, chucking beer bottles (glass), and pissing out in public in front of everyone.

Shocking I know: white people (believe it or not) are capable of boorish and uncivilized behavior as well. This was also back before Germany even had a massive influx of immigrants. You've never been to NYE in Europe have you? What fantasy land are you living in if you think those scenes like in those video clips aren't common in Europe during NYE? The day after NYE, it looked like downtown Gottingen got bombed by the Allies because there was so much trash, broken glass from thrown bottles, and foul smelling **** everywhere.

Old 01-02-2017, 12:34 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,330,890 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWd6iMXlXVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Were there guns? I thought it was just fireworks. In South Texas, many people stay inside on NYE because a lot of people shoot guns instead of fireworks. Now that's crazy!
In this video guns are being fired into the air, blank guns it seems from the look of the nozzles but its a very strange scene for a western country. The fireworks are just being shot at people, this scene seemed alot like cologne last year with all the sexual assaults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies