Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 02:00 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
He's following the worst so the bar is set as low as humanly possible.
Technically, I suppose you are right. Warren Harding and James Buchanan are considered the two worst Presidents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 02:01 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
What we have seen so far indicates a disaster of epic proportions, unless you like living in a totalitarian state.
You need to read this .. seriously

Political Correctness' is Totalitarian Mind Control.... At its core, then, political correctness is nothing more nor less than the unjust intimidation of others into thinking and speaking a certain way. As such, it is pure totalitarian mind control.

'Political Correctness' is Totalitarian Mind Control

Old 01-04-2017, 02:02 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
His behavior projects he'll be the whiniest POTUS in history who runs to Tweet at the slightest provocation of a meaningless, minor criticism. Not a good quality for a man who chose to place himself on the biggest public stage in the world.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:03 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Recent article dovetailed off the NYT article that wrote about the potential success of Trump. Here is a list of 25 top reasons why Trump will be one of the best Presidents on history.

https://todaysinfo.net/13-reasons-wh...resident-ever/
I'll wait until I see what he actually does.

My expectations are low, but as I've said before, I hope I'm embarrassed for not voting for him.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:05 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
All this hoopla reminds me of the hype everyone had for Johnny Manziel (football player), who then went on to disappoint in a huge way.

I'd prefer low expectations and then joy if we're surprised - in the same way most people (but not I) viewed the Dallas Cowboys picking up Zeke Elliott, who was the fourth pick in the first round of the draft.

It's smarter to be cautiously optimistic, at best.

The cheerleaders are gonna have a lot of crow to eat if they're wrong.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:05 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
The entire political circus is now in full swing with the lumpenprole fantasizing about their new messiah coming to the rescue, pulling them into the billionaires lifeboat and delivering them from the grip of the evil Kenyan. You'd think that the last eight years of spectacular failure on the part of our esteemed Congress would be a great clue with regard to future expectations. We've seen the party system stood on it's head, the Republicans now the workingman's friend while the old party of the workingman adheres itself to their new constituency the economically marginalized.

As for the clickbait declaration of Trump becoming the best ever president, we can easily see the new journalism rising, celebrating their own success with more inane crap surfacing as news. Donald Trump's victory signals the arrival of one very significant, inescapable, truth, and that is the fact of our two party political system's demise. Both parties have failed America miserably, yes, among all the sports fan brand of celebratory hoopla, we've seen our two party political system dissolving into a three ring circus where entertainers and people of dubious character, are elevated to the top leadership roles.

The worst of all of this lies in the fact of both parties smashing their competitors, stooping to the lowest behavior in order to commandeer their position, the bellicose Trump shouting through his trousers, talking nonsense while being cheered on by the nonsensical. Clinton being cheered by her loyal fans, the other half of the nonsensical hopefuls. I know there must be others who have seen through this charade of democracy, when THEY pick the candidates, and THEY squelch the competition, the question arises---Are we being served by the two parties? Meet the new boss..
The fact is, even with a liberal media throwing everything they could at Trump, even with Hollywood liberals dancing and singing, one, Madonna, even offering a BJ of you vote for Hillary, Trump still won and Democrats lost more seats in government in modern history.

And if giving Trump a chance yeilds accusations such as yours, so be it. Trump is president elect and I'm going to give him a chance.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:07 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
His behavior projects he'll be the whiniest POTUS in history who runs to Tweet at the slightest provocation of a meaningless, minor criticism. Not a good quality for a man who chose to place himself on the biggest public stage in the world.
His behavior projects he'll be the winningest POTUS in history...

There, fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The fact is, even with a liberal media throwing everything they could at Trump, even with Hollywood liberals dancing and singing, one, Madonna, even offering a BJ of you vote for Hillary, Trump still won and Democrats lost more seats in government in modern history.

And if giving Trump a chance yeilds accusations such as yours, so be it. Trump is president elect and I'm going to give him a chance.
All these angry posts by the progressive left are nothing but the death throes of a dying animal.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:10 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Default The best

No doubt, even the Liberals will have no use for their crayons and bubbles in a year from now.

Old 01-04-2017, 05:41 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,677,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post

Like most of us here I'm very familiar with your points of view, knuckles bleeding from your beating on Obama will now be healed by the arrival of your new messiah, your new hopey changy guy who just loves people such as yourself. A man who when told of your plight regarding Obamacare will get that fixed first thing, I'll be watching on the sidelines as the circus of the new savior passes by. A big thank you for the periodic humor, and---you won't have to "give him a chance," he's right where he wanted to be and you no longer count for much. Hope and change, where have I heard that before..............

Old 01-05-2017, 10:02 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
It's depressing. I was hoping to find some fact base good reason to support him, but I haven't found anything yet but empty promises and a fine snake oil salesman. No one is all good and no one is all bad, but so far all I've read about him is bad. I'll keep looking. Sigh. I'm sure I can find something good if I dig way down to the bottom of that barrel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies