Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 12:18 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times

Advertisements

Obama achievement.

ISIS/ISIL rose to power due to Obama and Hillary Clinton's actions in the middle east.

Apparently the administration even wanted ISIS to grow.

Obama will go down as one of the worse Presidents ever.

WORST PRESIDENT EVER: Obama Created ISIS - And Now the Killer Group Is Active in 17 Countries
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 12:19 PM

1,302 posts, read 683,864 times
Please, The Republicans Created Al Qaeda in Afganistán to stop Soviets from invading...

... That is a FACT.

What a noob...

Source: https://www.pinterest.com/ymvale2/twin-towers/

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...3cbe60c292.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-05-2017 at 01:14 PM..

Old 01-05-2017, 12:26 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
Please, The Republicans Created Al Qaeda in Afganistán to stop Soviets from invading...

What noob...

Obama being no better than neocons is hardly comforting. Obama merely placated the bankers in his first term. I still preferred him over Romney, until surprise, surprise he started war mongering like a maniac in his second term.

Old 01-05-2017, 12:28 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Obama being no better than neocons is hardly comforting. Obama merely placated the bankers in his first term. I still preferred him over Romney, until surprise, surprise he started war mongering like a maniac in his second term.

Very well put. Not one banker was ever prosecuted for the meltdown of 2008/09. Obama bombed 7 Arab countries with no plans on what to do afterwards. ISIS is the result.

Old 01-05-2017, 12:31 PM

769 posts, read 1,007,331 times
The West (and especially the USA) has been meddling in the Middle East for decades. Very many (I would even assert the majority) of the problems that we now are facing in the Middle East are a culmination of our inability to mind our own damn business and stay out of others' affairs. This includes the rise of the Islamic State.

Anyone who can't see this simply doesn't have a strong grasp of history and foreign policy.

Old 01-05-2017, 12:39 PM

Quote:

... That is a FACT.

What a noob...

Source: https://www.pinterest.com/ymvale2/twin-towers/

Not the Republicans , and it was not to stop them from invading.

How Jimmy Carter and I Started the Mujahideen
Brzezinski: Yes. According to the official version of history, CIA aid to the Mujahadeen began during 1980, that is to say, after the Soviet army invaded Afghanistan, 24 Dec 1979. But the reality, secretly guarded until now, is completely otherwise: Indeed, it was July 3, 1979 that President Carter signed the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul. And that very day, I wrote a note to the president in which I explained to him that in my opinion this aid was going to induce a Soviet military intervention.
Q: Despite this risk, you were an advocate of this covert action. But perhaps you yourself desired this Soviet entry into war and looked to provoke it?
Brzezinski: It isn’t quite that. We didn’t push the Russians to intervene, but we knowingly increased the probability that they would.

The US via Carter and Brzezinski knowingly made it a theater of a proxy war to lure the Soviets .

Old 01-05-2017, 12:43 PM

1,302 posts, read 683,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Not the Republicans , and it was not to stop them from invading.

How Jimmy Carter and I Started the Mujahideen
Brzezinski: Yes. According to the official version of history, CIA aid to the Mujahadeen began during 1980, that is to say, after the Soviet army invaded Afghanistan, 24 Dec 1979. But the reality, secretly guarded until now, is completely otherwise: Indeed, it was July 3, 1979 that President Carter signed the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul. And that very day, I wrote a note to the president in which I explained to him that in my opinion this aid was going to induce a Soviet military intervention.
Q: Despite this risk, you were an advocate of this covert action. But perhaps you yourself desired this Soviet entry into war and looked to provoke it?
Brzezinski: It isn’t quite that. We didn’t push the Russians to intervene, but we knowingly increased the probability that they would.

The US via Carter and Brzezinski knowingly made it a theater of a proxy war to lure the Soviets .

Jimmy Carter was "weak", that's why he wasn't reelected and part of that weakness was the fact that he endorsed the muslims in Afganistán but didn't train them filled them with weapons, and money to start winning, then Reagan out of nowhere came to be the tough guy in town and made Bush Senior to drive CIA training of Afgan Muslim Fanatics and gave them even More money and More weapons far more than "Weak" Carter. That Reagan toughness allowed Afgans to win to soviets, but at the end afgans didn't want US in Exchange to Russia. a]fter that Muslim fanatics formed Al Qaeda.

I

Old 01-05-2017, 01:36 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Dang. You sure love fake news sites.

Don't be so foolish.

ISIS created itself.

All guerrilla wars are exactly the same; for as long as there are combatants willing to fight, the fight will go on.

The names of the organizations may change, the leaders and members change, and even the cause may shift and change, but until the will to fight leaves, the fight continues.

It has been this way since the dawn of civilization.

Old 01-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover9 View Post
The West (and especially the USA) has been meddling in the Middle East for decades. Very many (I would even assert the majority) of the problems that we now are facing in the Middle East are a culmination of our inability to mind our own damn business and stay out of others' affairs. This includes the rise of the Islamic State.

Anyone who can't see this simply doesn't have a strong grasp of history and foreign policy.
And obozo's been at the wheel for the last 8. Credit earned

Old 01-05-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Jimmy Carter was "weak", that's why he wasn't reelected and part of that weakness was the fact that he endorsed the muslims in Afganistán but didn't train them filled them with weapons, and money to start winning, then Reagan out of nowhere came to be the tough guy in town and made Bush Senior to drive CIA training of Afgan Muslim Fanatics and gave them even More money and More weapons far more than "Weak" Carter. That Reagan toughness allowed Afgans to win to soviets, but at the end afgans didn't want US in Exchange to Russia. a]fter that Muslim fanatics formed Al Qaeda.

I

I am not sure what the added cometary was about. You said the Republicans created Al-Qaeda when its quite evident that this has gone on with both parties , but initiated under the Carter administration. Its also quite clear that the US was not playing defense in this theater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies