Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2017, 07:07 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
That is probably true, I honestly have no interest of looking up who the person is just so I can pretend to know what I am talking about since I have never heard his name before.
I didn't mean anything about you. For years his name was nothing more than a wild guess.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Throat_(Watergate)

Most people know him by "Deep Throat".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 07:30 PM

979 posts, read 490,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I didn't mean anything about you. For years his name was nothing more than a wild guess.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Throat_(Watergate)

Most people know him by "Deep Throat".
I gotcha, that was all before my time, and not something I have ever studied too much of so I don't think I would be in a position of making any comments about that history event.

Old 01-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Like those "fake news" polls that showed Hillary winning by double-digits?

The turn-out at Trump rallies vs. Clinton's should have tipped off pollsters (any that cared) that their polls were way off.
RCP polling average had Clinton at 45%

She actually won with 48%

They had Trump at 42%, he had 46%

Seems to me the polls underestimated both Bases, but neither was wrong in the sense you are arguing.

Trump's crowds didnt win him the election, he got less votes than Clinton.

Old 01-08-2017, 07:39 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
Military Intelligence is an oxymoron

Old 01-08-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Refused to hold Obama accountable for his lies and foisted upon us that wanted something different Hillary.

Sanders would have won.
i dont know if Sanders would have won, but what does holding Obama accountable have to do with that ?

You seem to operate under the a assumption that all left leaning posters agree with you, and by extension, President Obama. Neither statement is true.

There are things President Obama and a majority on the Left support that you dont. Holding him accountable means they like what he did in most cases.

But whether or not Obama was held accountable still doesnt have anything to do with Hillary losing or Sanders winning.

While I dont believe everyone votes logically( I know a couple of Anti free traders who case votes for Gary Johnson) voting for Trump makes no sense if you wanted to "hold Obama accountable".

Old 01-08-2017, 07:51 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
What's a foreign globalist?

George Soros for $1000, Alex.

Old 01-08-2017, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
i dont know if Sanders would have won, but what does holding Obama accountable have to do with that ?
If President Obama had done the things that Candidate Obama said he would do he would have been incredibly popular and even a corrupt Hillary wins. Things like Benghazi never happens. Hillary is a peace SoS as opposed to a war (failed one at that) SoS.

Quote:
You seem to operate under the a assumption that all left leaning posters agree with you, and by extension, President Obama. Neither statement is true.
No, very few agree with much of what I believe. Some things are about to change but hypocrites don't have much sway.

Quote:
There are things President Obama and a majority on the Left support that you dont. Holding him accountable means they like what he did in most cases.
The majority of the "left" do not support what Obama does, they simply refuse to say so. Enough in the end voted that way though.

Quote:
But whether or not Obama was held accountable still doesnt have anything to do with Hillary losing or Sanders winning.

While I dont believe everyone votes logically( I know a couple of Anti free traders who case votes for Gary Johnson) voting for Trump makes no sense if you wanted to "hold Obama accountable".
I voted Stein.

Old 01-08-2017, 08:22 PM

Quote:
If President Obama had done the things that Candidate Obama said he would do he would have been incredibly popular and even a corrupt Hillary wins. Things like Benghazi never happens. Hillary is a peace SoS as opposed to a war (failed one at that) SoS.
What specifically are you arguing that candidate Obama said he would have done, and how would that have stopped the arab spring ?????

Quote:
The majority of the "left" do not support what Obama does, they simply refuse to say so. Enough in the end voted that way though.
I tend to disagree.

Old 01-08-2017, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
What specifically are you arguing that candidate Obama said he would have done, and how would that have stopped the arab spring ?????
I must have done this 50 times.

He said he would end the wars. He didn't.

He said he wouldn't get us into new wars. He did.

He said he would prosecute the bankers. He didn't.

He said he would not continue to bail them out. He did.

He said he would end the revolving White House/Lobbyist revolving door. He didn't.

Need more? I can come up with more.

Quote:
I tend to disagree.
Probably not.

Old 01-08-2017, 08:36 PM

979 posts, read 490,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
George Soros for $1000, Alex.
That doesn't answer my question...but I wasn't expecting any response would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies