Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 11:41 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Guess you missed the article from a Clinton campaign strategist saying that calling voters stupid because you don't like the results isn't a smart strategy for taking back seats from the republicans.

Trump pulled in a lot of moderates and former long time democrats that are now being called racist, stupid blah blah blah. These were the same people that put Obama in the Whitehouse twice by large victory margins.

I for one don't want to see the Repubs running everything for a loooong time so I'm hoping some of you stop facilitating them by attacking swing voters because your brain can't wrap around the fact that hey...maybe your candidate and campaign were to blame?
Actually I'm in agreement with you on much of what you wrote. I agree that Hillary Clinton was a deeply flawed candidate (albeit less flawed than Trump), and I agree the DNC needs fresh leadership and a new approach. I think they are weak and need to be rebuilt from the ground up.

That said, the election is over. I'm no longer interested in any party trying to win votes, I'm only interested in telling the truth. And that is often obscured or distorted in this day and age of fake news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2017, 01:30 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
Lol Trump's biggest supporter Rudy Guilliani put away all the goodfellas in NYC in the 80s...fake news
You obviously don't get out much...
Organized crime is much like Internet trolls--take one down and two more pop up...

Old 01-07-2017, 01:45 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
By Monday they'll have Trump responsible for Jimmy Hoffa's disappearance.

Old 01-07-2017, 01:49 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
MSNBC is now saying Trump is a Mob affiliate

Did they happen to say is that is a Step Up from being Hitler, or a Step Down?

I think they will probably get some Religious clerics together soon and proclaim that Trump is really Satan.
Annnnd - the Hysterical Meltdown continues

Old 01-07-2017, 01:54 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
And Comey helped him get in office..
The left just doesnt get who put Trump in office.
Wiki Leaks exposed the left. Dirtbags, all of you.
The right voted and the electorate, which is designed to protect the minority from the majority (hence popular vote isnt what we want) elected him in. And Congress approved it yesterday.
Now Mob ties. Hillary had none, BS. Bill Clinton and his Arkansas ties, no mob ties, BS.
Start paying attention and get a life and jobs liberals, you will be better off.
You sound upset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It was two things that put Trump in office:

1) The Dumbing Down of America.
2) Fake news (i.e., Breitbart, FOX News, etc. etc.)
With a dash of white nationalism thrown in.

Old 01-07-2017, 02:01 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Anyone who did as much work in construction as Trump's family did in NY has mob ties.
Truer words have never been spoken.

Those chiming in from Omaha, Odessa and Okeechobee might not realize it, but your not going to get a gum wrapper moved on your job site in the greater metroplex as well as a lot of other places Trump does business without some kind of tribute being extended. How much is largely dependent on how deep the ties that bind are and we all know Trump doesn't play a nickle more than he has to.

Pretty much a domestic version of his dealings with Russia. Folks need to quit being so naive about how Trump amassed his empire.

Last edited by take57; 01-07-2017 at 02:18 PM..

Old 01-07-2017, 02:09 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
ignore list, gotta love it.
Your statement is false, which is why you can't provide a real link. I often watch MSNBC and I saw the story about Joey No Socks, who was pictured next to President-Elect Trump at his New Year's Eve party. Nobody ever said Trump was a mob affiliate, so that's a lie. They only questioned his decision to ring in the New Year with a convicted felon with ties to the Gambino crime family. He's going to be the next POTUS. Are we supposed to ignore every story that doesn't praise and glorify Trump? I know that's the way he'd prefer it, but that's not why "Freedom of the Press" is in the Bill of Rights. If anything, the leader of our country should be under a lot more scrutiny than the rest of us, since our very lives depend on it.

By the way, this story was reported by numerous sources, not just MSNBC.

Old 01-07-2017, 02:16 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post

Your statement is false, which is why you can't provide a real link. I often watch MSNBC and I saw the story about Joey No Socks, who was pictured next to President-Elect Trump at his New Year's Eve party. Nobody ever said Trump was a mob affiliate, so that's a lie. They only questioned his decision to ring in the New Year with a convicted felon with ties to the Gambino crime family. He's going to be the next POTUS. Are we supposed to ignore every story that doesn't praise and glorify Trump? I know that's the way he'd prefer it, but that's not why "Freedom of the Press" is in the Bill of Rights. If anything, the leader of our country should be under a lot more scrutiny than the rest of us, since our very lives depend on it.

By the way, this story was reported by numerous sources, not just MSNBC.
Just imagine if a Democrat did a fraction of what Trump has done since this election. Do you think the hyperventilating amongst the conservatives would put them in the hospital?

Old 01-07-2017, 02:22 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Link?

BTW, the 'electorate' did not elect Trump, the Electoral College did.

Then again I guess we should be used to facts being considered optional and of little importance when Trump's involved.
The electorate is the body of the electoral college. Then again I guess we should be used to non issues being considered important when the Obamabots are involved.

Say what you want about Trump, he's a lot better than Hillary who was the most corrupt candidate every to win a major parties nomination in the last 50 years.

Old 01-07-2017, 03:05 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The electorate is the body of the electoral college. Then again I guess we should be used to non issues being considered important when the Obamabots are involved.

Say what you want about Trump, he's a lot better than Hillary who was the most corrupt candidate every to win a major parties nomination in the last 50 years.
Well, since the Russians hacked into both the DNC and RNC (contrary to Trump's false statement) but only released what they felt was detrimental to Clinton's campaign, we'll never really know which candidate was the most corrupt. Trump hasn't been a politician in the public eye for the past 30 years, but he certainly was involved in his share of unscrupulous business transactions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies