Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 07:32 PM

34,127 posts, read 17,188,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Why would US citizens get their britches in a wad over a bust of Churchill?!?

Because we are free partly because Britain did not pull a France and immediately surrender to Hitler. Germany IMO overruns us, if Britain is lost to Germany in the early 40s. He'd have used Germany plus Britain's military might against the USA.

They did not give up mainly due to Churchill.

Old 01-07-2017, 07:35 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,328,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Because we are free partly because Britain did not pull a France and immediately surrender to Hitler. Germany IMO overruns us, if Britain is lost to Germany in the early 40s. He'd have used Germany plus Britain's military might against the USA.

They did not give up mainly due to Churchill.
And?

I'm not anti-Churchill, but there are MANY leaders whose busts could sit in the Oval Office.

I think too much was read into the bust being removed.

Obama is not anti-Churchill. That's really a leap.

Old 01-07-2017, 07:37 PM

20,838 posts, read 17,150,801 times
Quote:
Why would US citizens get their britches in a wad over a bust of Churchill?!?
Because he was a noble man who called it like he saw it without fear. Back in '37 when Hitler was moving towards power Churchill got the oil from no. africa. He saw the threat and called it out. Just as Trump is doing. For years Winston was ignored, and made fun of. When Chamberlain appeased the nazi's Churchill called him a a fraud. and when the nazis' poured like molten iron into countries finally Churchhill was proven right. He alone stood against the monster without fear assaulted the monster over the airwaves. If you've ever stood in Trafalgar Square you know just how close we came to losing our liberties to the nazi's.

The bust of Sir Winston is returning not because MLK bust is there but because the man stood for liberty and defended it with every fibre and sinew of his being. He battled his own serious illness e.g. depression and fought for you and I and all the free waving people who live under the flags that he defended.

Thats why.

Old 01-07-2017, 07:38 PM

Quote:
And?

I'm not anti-Churchill, but there are MANY leaders whose busts could sit in the Oval Office.

I think too much was read into the bust being removed.

Obama is not anti-Churchill. That's really a leap.

AND? Again. No Churchill may have equaled GERMANY rules the WORLD. He made sure they stood tall, when they had no logical reason to do so.

No non US leader helped America as much as Churchill. EVER.

Old 01-07-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Because he was a noble man who called it like he saw it without fear. Back in '37 when Hitler was moving towards power Churchill got the oil from no. africa. He saw the threat and called it out. Just as Trump is doing. For years Winston was ignored, and made fun of. When Chamberlain appeased the nazi's Churchill called him a a fraud. and when the nazis' poured like molten iron into countries finally Churchhill was proven right. He alone stood against the monster without fear assaulted the monster over the airwaves. If you've ever stood in Trafalgar Square you know just how close we came to losing our liberties to the nazi's.

The bust of Sir Winston is returning not because MLK bust is there but because the man stood for liberty and defended it with every fibre and sinew of his being. He battled his own serious illness e.g. depression and fought for you and I and all the free waving people who live under the flags that he defended.

Thats why.

magnificent post

Old 01-07-2017, 07:39 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,328,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post

Thats why.
I know who Churchill is and what he did.

I just don't get the uproar over a bust. It's not like it was destroyed.

It was just moved.

Manufactured outrage.

Old 01-07-2017, 07:42 PM

20,838 posts, read 17,150,801 times
The people have been duped. They don't even know what an American is.

Wait until the you know what really hits the fan. That will be a reality check. Its a fight for our future.

That's why Trump is there.

38,859 posts, read 25,602,149 times
Quote:
Manufactured outrage.
It's what the right exists on.

They require a daily dose of phony outrage to go along with their serving of fear of whatever they're told to be afraid of next.

Quote:

It was just moved.

Manufactured outrage.

No, not manufactured outrage, and I have no issue with an MLK bust, too, but Churchill should be as much an icon to Americans as our founding fathers. No Churchill and neither us of us are free to type what we think. When many "leaders" fell to their knees, WC stood tall. That's part of why we can debate the importance of this bust.

4,851 posts, read 2,292,960 times
Quote:

It was just moved.

Manufactured outrage.

And moved because the British wanted it back .

"When that administration came to an end so did the loan; the bust now resides in the British Ambassador's Residence in Washington DC," the Embassy said. "The White House collection has its own Epstein bust of Churchill, which President Obama showed to Prime Minister Cameron when he visited the White House in March."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies