Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 11:25 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Follow that line of thinking about "large-population states" and eliminate Texas and Florida from the count.
once again we see the beauty of the electoral college.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 12:43 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staggerlee666 View Post
I'm sure customers will become fed up with him soon enough.
You can't use EBT cards for computer repairs. Doubt that he will lose any customers that would be offended by this.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:55 AM

979 posts, read 490,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You can't use EBT cards for computer repairs. Doubt that he will lose any customers that would be offended by this.
I am more amazed he even has any customers....though I am guessing if he does have customers, that they are few and far between these days.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:58 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Indeed. In fact, I see his business going up.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:18 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Never, because we do not have a functioning democratic republic. We have a system that is rigged at every level to give more influence to the right, which means the right wins even though most of the time the American people aren't on their side.

America no longer has a representative form of government.
"We have a system that is rigged at every level to give more influence to the right,"

Explain how.

Sorry for you loss of reality.

We have had the SAME "functioning democratic republic." for over 250 years now and I don't recall in my history class or in my lifetime where the "right" has ALWAYS won these elections.

If that was the case we would not have had Carter, Clinton OR Obama.

The dems would NOT have held the Hose for 40 straight years.

Pelosi would have NEVER been Speaker of the house.

Harry Reid would have never had control of the Senate.

The pendulum swings. Always has, always will.

Sometimes it just takes longer then others.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:23 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whywontthisjustwork View Post
Do Trump supporters not realize how by voting for Trump they voted for exactly what they don't like? And how nothing is going to improve for them? It blows my mind. IQs vary.
Isn't it odd how all these dems who LOST and predicted that Trump didn't have snowballs chance in helll of winning against "The smartest woman in the world", are NOW predicting how things are going to turn out!

It blows my mind.

The y can't even predict yesterday's weather.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:52 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The intolerant complaining about the intolerant.
Great business move. Get temporary bump from local conservatives. And a permanent loss from the local liberals. All in a state FULL of liberals.

Old 01-09-2017, 06:03 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
He lives in one of the most progressive states in the US
He himself in the article admits that he is surrounded by liberals
I doubt that there are many people with EBT in his immediate area
And yes--I do think he will lose business---
It would be very interesting to know 5 or 6 mo from now if the sign has come down and the business is relocated to South Carolina where his attitudes are more in keeping with the average resident...

Old 01-09-2017, 06:14 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"We have a system that is rigged at every level to give more influence to the right,"

Explain how.

Sorry for you loss of reality.

We have had the SAME "functioning democratic republic." for over 250 years now and I don't recall in my history class or in my lifetime where the "right" has ALWAYS won these elections.

If that was the case we would not have had Carter, Clinton OR Obama.

The dems would NOT have held the Hose for 40 straight years.

Pelosi would have NEVER been Speaker of the house.

Harry Reid would have never had control of the Senate.

The pendulum swings. Always has, always will.

Sometimes it just takes longer then others.
In my home state-TX--the Republicans have controlled the state legislature for long time...
There are Democrates in certain areas--urban, strong Hispanic or AA areas--but the Republicans made a strong effort in past 10 or so years to start gerrymandering districts to prevent strong, effective Democratic legislators and federal offices from being reelected....
And because of the justices on the Federal and our state bench they have basically gotten away with carving out persistant, guaranteed hard core conservative bases of power...and unless the borders of those precincts are changed (very unlikely given how conservative the federal gov't will be until 2020 when next census happens)
So in my state I am very afraid that the GOP HAS been able to lock-in its continued "winning" performance.

Old 01-09-2017, 06:36 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Are you kidding. He will probably lose business because of his rant and sign. Calling some of your customers idiots is not the way to bring in more business. But it's definitely a way to lose it.
I agree he will lose business over this, and it's a shame because he gives voice to so many of us who are totally fed up with the left constantly using the media, the entertainment industry, our schools, to deride and indoctrinate America that Trump supporters are racists, bigots, ignorant, homophobes, and Islamaphobes. The left has control over most of the MSM, the entertainment industry, our complete education system, social media, and most of our pop culture. How does this create healthy diversity of thought or critical thinking skills?

You liberals only want diversity when you control the supposed "diversity." You are too afraid of ideas, facts, and beliefs outside your ideological bubble. The left controls way too much of America, and people are fed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies