Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 10:08 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Streep shown on t.v. standing and cheering for child rapist Roman Polanski.

What do you all think about that?
Dude, if you're going to cry about something, at least get the date correct. Pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 10:09 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
When she criticized Israel she was blacklisted. Now that the Party criticizes Israel she's being rehabilitated.

When was Meryl Streep ever "blacklisted"?

Old 01-09-2017, 10:11 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
You know PE Dumbass lost the popular vote by almost 3 million, right?

He's not overwhelmingly beloved by anyone. His own wife looks at him like she'd like to shoot him.

Be a fan--I don't care--but please lay off the BS.

add the figures of voters who voted Hillary, voted 3rd party, it's something like 63 million.

Streep words were powerful. our president elect tweets like a mad jr. high kid.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:12 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Never. Cons are scrabbling at anything because their man child idol was referred to by an actor. Now she's the poutrage du hour. Boo. Hoo.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:13 AM

2,682 posts, read 2,180,607 times
Quote:
Just saying she is well within her rights.

Of course she is within her rights, just as the network is within its right to broadcast it.
I'm trying to get past that, and understand what it is about a celebrity whose life experience consists of standing in front of a camera that qualifies her views as worth more than anybody else's. The current trend by celebrities to pretend to insightful political analysis reminds me of an old tv commercial, in which some guy appeared in a white lab coat to sell some health product and said "I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV." Apparently its enough for many people to act as if you know something.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:13 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
trump has his way after he finishes with the Muslim ban he will get the actors, writers and journalists that express dissent.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:14 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
No, you didn't.

You just tried to change the topic of this thread.

Get the mods to delete this thread, and start a new thread about how outraged you are about what Streep said LAST NIGHT. When she never even mentioned Trump's name.

He made a mistake in titling a thread . As far as I know you cannot go back and edit titles . He corrected himself and admitted his error .

Why don't you try and respond to the Hollywood folks attacking Trump while applauding admitted child rapists instead of trying to make a huge deal over an admitted mistake that changes nothing about the core issue?

For the record I am not a Trump fan and am on record here bashing him for his admitted assaults on women, but Im not out applauding others who have done the same and ignoring their past because they are the same political bent as me .

Let's hear your opinion on the actual issue raised here .

Old 01-09-2017, 10:15 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
I didn't have to change the channel, as I never watched any of it. My standard reaction when I hear some celebrity trying to get attention by attacking Trump is "why does she think her political analysis is so important? and who gives a s*** what an entertainer thinks about politics? I'd rather listen to my mailman or the guy who fixes my car, who actually have more at stake.
But if you voted for Trump, you voted for a celebrity. Plenty of people gave a **** about what he thought of politics.

It's incredibly hypocritical. The Kardashians have a huge branding empire too, yet if I suggested you elect Kim POTUS you'd think I lost my mind. (As well you should.)

Telling people what they want to hear doesn't equate to being a decent President. Remains to be seen, I guess.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:15 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Never. Cons are scrabbling at anything because their man child idol was referred to by an actor. Now she's the poutrage du hour. Boo. Hoo.

I am not calling anyone names.I ask becuase people have opinions as all of us do and they can be different it's what makes the world go around but when you put your opinion out as fact without proof then you are the one who is wrong.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:17 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Still waiting for the announcement of Cher's imminent blastoff.
She's not wanted on Jupiter, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies