Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 11:07 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Maybe Trump will negotiate some deals that will be good for the U.S. work force. I certainly hope so.

But so far, between his tweets, his appointments, his relationship with Putin, and his refusal to divest himself of his business interests, he's not showing a lot of promise as president.
I think the next four years is going to be pretty challenging for Americans and the world. Trump is unpredictable; but one thing is super predictable about him is that he doesn't like people who disagree with him. I also think the whole Trump Blames Schwarzenegger for Bad Apprentice Ratings; Arnold Responds by Quoting Lincoln is ridiculous beyond words. LOL sigh !

I think he should learn to pick his battle. Is he seriously going to go after every stupid celebrity who attacks him verbally? I am sick and tired of another Trump vs Rosie type of bickering back and forth on daily basis. If he likes it so much, might just as well join city-data.

So far, the positive i have seen are the following

1. Japan softbank decided to invest 50 billion dollars and create 50,000 American jobs.

2. Ford decided to keep the jobs in America

3. Putin has a working relationship with Trump - Major victory for Americans in my opinion.

I put a lot of confidence in Mr. T. Hope he is not a big disappointment. It looks like Elizabeth Warren has changed her tone, at least she said, "let's work together." I can certainly respect that. sheesh. let's work, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 11:09 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Why do Trump supporters pretend to care about anyone's moral standards? They voted for a guy who bragged about sexually assaulting women and cheating on his pregnant wife.
When did he brag about sexually assaulting a woman?

I heard him say that he could grab a groupie by the ****** if he wanted to because she would like it.

What did you hear?

Old 01-09-2017, 11:11 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think the next four years is going to be pretty challenging for Americans and the world. Trump is unpredictable; but one thing is super predictable about him is that he doesn't like people who disagree with him.

I think he should learn to pick his battle. Is he seriously going to go after every stupid celebrity who attacks him verbally? I am sick and tired of another Trump vs Rosie type of bickering back and forth on daily basis. If he likes it so much, might just as well join city-data.

So far, the positive i have seen are the following'

1. Japan softbank decided to invest 5 billion dollars and create 50,000 American jobs.

2. Ford decided to keep the jobs in America

3. Putin has a working relationship with Trump - Major victory for Americans in my opinion.

I put a lot of confidence in Mr. T. Hope he is not a big disappointment.
I, too, hope you are not disappointed in him. I have zero confidence, so I can only be pleasantly surprised if his presidency turns out to be anything but a disaster for most Americans.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:14 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Grabbing women by the ***** without their consent is sexual assault and you know it. Don't embarrass yourself by acting like it's not. We all watched the video and heard the audio multiple times, but if you'd like to link to it here, go ahead.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:16 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
I, too, hope you are not disappointed in him. I have zero confidence, so I can only be pleasantly surprised if his presidency turns out to be anything but a disaster for most Americans.
Let's hope for the best. After all, we are all in this together.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:18 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
...above and beyond to complain about a movie making fun of a group of people.
Above and beyond? I posted a few sentences of condemnation. Get over yourself.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:20 AM

7,271 posts, read 4,214,344 times
Trump haters could look at a black rock and say it's white. They see and hear what they want to believe.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:20 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Eh, why don't you stop being so sensitive about my critique of this haughty film and performance by the subject of the thread, mmm?

I didn't vote for Trump, but all I hear is how a giant cloud of bigotry has descended upon the country. So I'm just balancing that out a bit. I don't care what mizz Streep said at some dumb award banquet.
Lol, sure you saw it. What's the film about?

Old 01-09-2017, 11:22 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
She did 80 movies yet you choose to pull out one part for criticism?
Yep. That and Defending Your Life are the only ones I've seen featuring her. But I'm not much of a Hollywood fan and drek like August Osage County is one reason why. I was just struck by how much fun the cast and writers had painting a portrait of those they look down upon, that's all. I think it's a form of bigotry, so I mentioned it.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:26 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
I don't watch that sort of stuff, but googling it I find a speech by Streep about Trump that supposedly left some in the audience in tears . Are you saying this story is wrong?

And did Streep ever give Polanski a standing O knowing that he is a child rapist?

Please answer both these questions .
Maybe you should google more diligently. Streep NEVER mentioned Trump's name last night.

And yes, Streep gave Polanski a standing ovation. He's a talented director. As a person, he's a douche, but professionally he's very accomplished. As a fellow artist, she's allowed to acknowledge how accomplished he is. Because, free speech. And if the only thing you have to criticize Streep for is that she acknowledges that Polanski is a talented director, something that he's received many accolades for, then perhaps your criticism of Streep is misplaced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies