Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 04:07 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times

Advertisements

From my experience a beard shades the face from blistering sun and skull hair should be short enough an enemy cannot grab it but still long enough to serve as a bandage to help stop bleeding.

Contrary to most opinions on this board I believe the US Military is the finest we have ever had. It is well trained in all of its rolls and our combat forces are among the bravest and deadliest ever.

Given that statement I also think it is the worst used of any military. Armies are not police and we SHOULD NEVER TRY TO POLICE THE WORLD. IT IS NOT OUR JOB. If some country is fool enough to attack the USA in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2017, 05:01 PM

404 posts, read 385,814 times
Love Dreadlocks. I also think they look good on all races.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:17 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Its nothing new.... WWI, US Army

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhagat_Singh_Thind

It continues to be under debate. We are a diverse nation, compromise should be determined. Sikhs are among honorable people.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:47 AM

50,376 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Some people might not know that in many areas of the military, soldiers tend to be very hairy. Two of my sons in special ops had beards and long hair most of the time.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:42 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
A few million African Americans are walking around with Irish last names.

Now how do you suppose that happened?
As one whose hobby is genealogy I can tell you that last names do not always correlate with genetics, no matter what the ethnicity of the person bearing the name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We have a great military? Ha...everyone loves to say that, and it's such a nice platitude that everyone wants to believe it.

We've had a ton of military failures over the last 50 years. Americans had better rethink that "great military" stuff again. Either that, or get the hell outta the world police business.
As one who lived through the Vietnam era (and the wife of a combat vet of that war) I can tell you that the military shortcomings of the US have more to do with the civilian leadership than the ability of our armed forces to fight.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:44 PM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
....... just because you have beards, doesn't mean you are special force material.

You can be a pog with beard. lol

None of these special force guys have beards, they still look very manly

http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...my-ranger.html

Old 01-12-2017, 10:46 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
....... just because you have beards, doesn't mean you are special force material.
If you are a Sikh you may very well be, though.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If you are a Sikh you may very well be, though.
well, I will believe it when I see them in the special force unit. (not like I don't believe you though)

Old 01-13-2017, 06:48 AM

50,376 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, I will believe it when I see them in the special force unit. (not like I don't believe you though)
In many situations, the special ops soldiers need to blend into their surroundings. A Sikh in a turbin would be too noticeable. No reason why it wouldn't be fine in most other jobs though.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
In many situations, the special ops soldiers need to blend into their surroundings. A Sikh in a turbin would be too noticeable. No reason why it wouldn't be fine in most other jobs though.
Never said they wouldn't be fine in most other jobs. If they want to join the army, they should be able to.

Regarding special force, well,

if a Sikh busted his ass every day to give all he has and was willing to put his spiritual practices on hold when he was on missions, I doubt most SF guys would care what he had on his head. Respect is earned, not demanded. but the truth is that for a devout Sikh to join an SOF unit, he’d have to severely compromise on his beliefs, pretty much to the point where losing the turban would be almost trivial by comparison.

Off topic, I laughed a little when somebody brought up special force in ME. "Oh look , special force guys have beards, others in the military can have beards, too." riiiiiiiiight. lol

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 01-13-2017 at 07:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies