Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2017, 10:44 AM

8,316 posts, read 3,945,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Why should CNN get a pass when they were caught and admitted to trying to manipulate the election on one very clear case, and who knows how many undiscovered cases? CNN is no different than Russia when it comes to what they were trying to do.
You've convinced me that you really, truly believe that.

1,160 posts, read 714,835 times
CNN ginned up a "bombshell" based on documents that have been circulating since the republican primaries - neither trump's GOP opponents nor Hillary clinton could make anything of it b/c it is NOT TRUE. They tried to corroborate the 'bombshell' by claiming a trump associate (cohen) was in Prague when in fact it was a different person by the same name - Im nto even sure how CNN would know the comings and goings of individuals.

Essentially, their bombsell was made up - they went full Dan Rather ...

68,349 posts, read 54,496,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yes he did. It was very specific. Sounds like you didn't even watch the press conference. Why are you posting in this topic?
Given you've alleged I've made statements I haven't, I don't have much faith in what you say. One of the reasons I'm posting on this topic is I believe it silly to label something 250 reporters had time to make plans to attend as a 'surprise'.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:45 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,702,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Which media was it standing up shouting at him -- was that CNN?
Yes it was. Here is the relevant clip. It's important to listen to the question that led up to the exchange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CYasjjqHNw

Relative to how the press is generally coddled by politicians, it was absolutely epic.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:45 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,184,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RunnerDude View Post
Just like the Moderate Islam who never speak out against Radical Islam, same cloth.
Why do Muslims need to speak out against radicalized Muslims? They are just as responsible for radical terrorists as non-Muslims. They have no control over their actions and are not obligated to appease anyone else's fears and insecurities.

How lazy.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:46 AM

20,730 posts, read 19,398,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Lmao... calling people, news fake is somehow great for this country?

Good lawwwd help us.

Idiocracy is here.

its Hilarious really. The fake news meme was created by the regressives just as much as "deplorables." They are being beaten with their own cudgel.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:47 AM

6,469 posts, read 8,204,694 times
Yes, PEETUS is the man. He owned the liberal media.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:49 AM

36,668 posts, read 67,629,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
CNN ginned up a "bombshell" based on documents that have been circulating since the republican primaries - neither trump's GOP opponents nor Hillary clinton could make anything of it b/c it is NOT TRUE. They tried to corroborate the 'bombshell' by claiming a trump associate (cohen) was in Prague when in fact it was a different person by the same name - Im nto even sure how CNN would know the comings and goings of individuals.

Essentially, their bombsell was made up - they went full Dan Rather ...
Just because Trump denies it, that isnt the end of it.

James Comey yesterday refused to comment so until he and his intelligence counterparts say there's nothing there, we really dont know.

And I think CNN did what every responsible news organization should do-report on this extensively as it is extremely dangerous intel if true.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:49 AM

6,619 posts, read 5,023,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
LOL. saw that huh?

I yelled at my tv. it was not very dignified. I gave Mr. Trump a standing ovation.

for those of you PROGS that are outraged, please go ahead and express your outrage at Mr. Trump.

Just understand that actions by CNN and that stupid outburst by the CNN reporter.... then Mr. Trumps response are EXACTLY why we voted for him.
You dont get to not answer questions from a specific network, if you think there a "fake news" which is so ironic after this election cycle but fine, then there is a process for censuring them, pulling their credentials etc, what he did was 7th grade middle school crap that his basket loves, that bs was for you guys all show, focus on that snippet ignore the fact that his adult children will run his business AFTER they were part of the transition team that handled the appointments which kinda defeats the purpose but I am sure it will work out right? Pizzagate! Clinton foundation! Benghazi!

Old 01-11-2017, 10:50 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,995,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
You've convinced me that you really, truly believe that.
Good, because I do. Let me spell this out, its a non-partisan issue.

Russia:
1. Hacks emails from Hillary and the DNC
2. Releases damaging information from said emails with the intent of making Hillary look bad
3. Bad perception of Hillary by voters is assumed to make her get less votes
4. End goal, manipulate the election so their candidate wins

CNN:
1. Releases debate questions to Hillary for debate with Trump
2. Allows Hillary to be better prepared for debate than Trump
3. Hillary looks better than Trump during the debate, voters more likely to vote for her
4. End goal, manipulate the election so their candidate wins

Simple as that. Extent / volume of incidents (that we are aware of) are different, but intent and desired outcomes are exactly the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies