Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 06:36 PM

7,492 posts, read 6,274,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
LOL not a surprise in the least, but the layers and depth to which these people seek to deceive us is mindboggling.

When will we wake up?
Were folders stuffed with Trump's 'business plan' papers blank props? - SFGate
You don't sleep well, do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 07:09 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,643,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
you don't even come close to getting it. Trump negating the constitution? we just spent 8 years watching the constitution being subverted and YOU didn't say a word. so when you make the suggestion above its just your own hypocrisy.

shoot Corey Booker steps up and says all manner of nasty stuff about a guy he praised.
Sessions saw the disparity of racial incarceration related to cocaine early on and got legislation passed to work to correct the problem and got attacked because he didn't what?

He sent a KKK guy to prison for killing a black kid. then got attacked for loving the KKK.

and somehow its Trump that is crazy and scary and hates the constitution?

and yet you wonder why we don't trust you and the progressives.

Great post and this is the most galling thing about all the whining being done by the left. Where the H have they been??? Two of the reasons and there were more than just two, I stopped supporting Obama was his vindictiveness against the press and our loss of civil liberties. Not to mention all the dirt that happened under his watch.

There wasn't a word when Joe Biden said you couldn't go into a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts without a slight Indian accent.

There wasn't a word when Biden used an Indian accent to mock Mitt Romney and outsourcing.

Not a word when Biden used the old Teddy Roosevelt quote, "speak softly and carry a big stick", adding, "I promise you, Obama has a big stick."

They fall over themselves to be nasty, to defend those in their party who are indefensible, and to make sure the chasm between us remains wide.

When George W. Bush won the election, I was sickened. I never once disrespected him, called him shrub or any other number of names, I wasn't waiting for him to fail just so I could feel vindication about not voting for him. I prayed he would do right by all of us and by our country.

I used to view the right as being mean-spirited, hateful and intolerant. I don't know when that flip-flopped, but it seems to me it has. If this is the new face of the Democratic party, I'm out.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:10 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,288,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Great post and this is the most galling thing about all the whining being done by the left. Where the H have they been??? Two of the reasons and there were more than just two, I stopped supporting Obama was his vindictiveness against the press and our loss of civil liberties. Not to mention all the dirt that happened under his watch.

There wasn't a word when Joe Biden said you couldn't go into a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts without a slight Indian accent.

There wasn't a word when Biden used an Indian accent to mock Mitt Romney and outsourcing.

Not a word when Biden used the old Teddy Roosevelt quote, "speak softly and carry a big stick", adding, "I promise you, Obama has a big stick."

They fall over themselves to be nasty, to defend those in their party who are indefensible, and to make sure the chasm between us remains wide.

When George W. Bush won the election, I was sickened. I never once disrespected him, called him shrub or any other number of names, I wasn't waiting for him to fail just so I could feel vindication about not voting for him. I prayed he would do right by all of us and by our country.

I used to view the right as being mean-spirited, hateful and intolerant. I don't know when that flip-flopped, but it seems to me it has. If this is the new face of the Democratic party, I'm out.
Honestly, do you really expect us to believe you were ever 'in'? Spare us the sanctimonious lectures please. Doesn't sound like you ever liked either party, but do enjoy feeling self-righteously superior to, well...everyone. Your subjective value judgment about people expressing their honest opinions as 'whining' is simply your own biased view. And I for one, am really tired of right-wingers trying to shut down the opinions of others by calling it 'whining.' Is it only a legitimate opinion if you say it is?

Could you please give some specific examples of Obama being 'vindictive' towards the press? I just never saw that. He gave one-on-one interviews with almost everyone who asked, including Fox News. He most certainly never treated the press the way the PE does. It just sounds disingenuous to pretend you once liked the Dems but are so very disappointed that you have become disillusioned with them?

And, frankly, I find it particularly appalling that you would use Biden as an example of a hateful, biased person--that is absolutely absurd. If there ever was an all around nice guy, it is Biden. He may have made gaffes and blunders, but there is no way in hell anyone can call that man mean-spirited. Joe Biden? Seriously?

Really sounds like you don't approve of anyone. Certainly not PE Trump, a nasty bully who insulted almost everyone he encountered during his campaign? Probably the nastiest most mean-spirited person to grace the public stage since Cheney.

Maybe you are simply looking at the world through a very filtered lens. Are you ok with the pope, or do you find him mean-spirited as well?

Old 01-13-2017, 08:30 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,643,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Honestly, do you really expect us to believe you were ever 'in'? Spare us the sanctimonious lectures please. Doesn't sound like you ever liked either party, but do enjoy feeling self-righteously superior to, well...everyone. Your subjective value judgment about people expressing their honest opinions as 'whining' is simply your own biased view. And I for one, am really tired of right-wingers trying to shut down the opinions of others by calling it 'whining.' Is it only a legitimate opinion if you say it is?

Could you please give some specific examples of Obama being 'vindictive' towards the press? I just never saw that. He gave one-on-one interviews with almost everyone who asked, including Fox News. He most certainly never treated the press the way the PE does. It just sounds disingenuous to pretend you once liked the Dems but are so very disappointed that you have become disillusioned with them?

And, frankly, I find it particularly appalling that you would use Biden as an example of a hateful, biased person--that is absolutely absurd. If there ever was an all around nice guy, it is Biden. He may have made gaffes and blunders, but there is no way in hell anyone can call that man mean-spirited. Joe Biden? Seriously?

Really sounds like you don't approve of anyone. Certainly not PE Trump, a nasty bully who insulted almost everyone he encountered during his campaign? Probably the nastiest most mean-spirited person to grace the public stage since Cheney.

Maybe you are simply looking at the world through a very filtered lens. Are you ok with the pope, or do you find him mean-spirited as well?
I don't care what you believe. I've posted openly here about voting for Obama twice, liking and voting for Bill Clinton twice, hating George W. and Hillary, and saying I voted for both parties, although people on the right argue with me on that point since some of those I've voted for are considered RINO's.

I've always slanted more to the left and have moved closer to the middle during the past few years. You can mock that all you want, pal, but people like you are part of the reason that happened.

You miss the point. Intentions don't seem to matter to those who are faux outraged, so Biden qualifies. If he was on the right, the loons on the left would be screaming bloody murder, but he's not, so they remain mute. Oh, by the way, I've openly stated in this forum that I like Joe Biden, too. In a recent post, I stated he steps in it sometimes, but he means well.

As for Obama being punitive against the press, I've posted about that before, as well. Take your pick among page after page of articles about it.

This administration is the same with whistleblowers. Shocking that you've missed that, but you don't seem to keep up with the news.

Go ahead and put me on ignore because your post isn't going to silence me anytime soon.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:54 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,549,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
There will be many watching the birther-in-chief and his cohorts like a hawk and the press/media that gave him 3 billion dollars of free publicity to titillate a dumbed-down audience, will switch gears and quit the softball acquiescence bull-**** when they see it is more profitable to expose the treachery and smoke and mirror routine.
Sadly enough, they will be exposing the fraudulence of Trump in attempt to garner higher ratings, rather than performing their civic duty as a watchdog of government. The end result will be favorable, but their reasons will be far from altruistic.

Old 01-14-2017, 11:41 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,043,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
so no one SAW blank papers... they're just assuming, speculating, and writing fake news about it?
Which President carried an empty suitcase onto Air Force One when he traveled so it looked like he was "just one of the regular traveling folks"?
Oh yeah, Jimmie Carter.
Thing is, politicians use props all the time, some real,some not and some just flat out lies (most of the white boards/posters used on the Senate floor meet the latter criteria) so even IF those folders were empty it made a visual statement which was the point after all.
I see no problem with it...

Old 01-14-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:

Don't forget "good old Joe" telling people to "get a shotgun for home protection, if you hear something just open up your door or a window and fire it off, that will scare away whoever is out there". Yep, great gun safety advice from "good old Joe"...

Old 01-14-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
I don't care what you believe. I've posted openly here about voting for Obama twice, liking and voting for Bill Clinton twice, hating George W. and Hillary, and saying I voted for both parties, although people on the right argue with me on that point since some of those I've voted for are considered RINO's.

I've always slanted more to the left and have moved closer to the middle during the past few years. You can mock that all you want, pal, but people like you are part of the reason that happened.

You miss the point. Intentions don't seem to matter to those who are faux outraged, so Biden qualifies. If he was on the right, the loons on the left would be screaming bloody murder, but he's not, so they remain mute. Oh, by the way, I've openly stated in this forum that I like Joe Biden, too. In a recent post, I stated he steps in it sometimes, but he means well.

As for Obama being punitive against the press, I've posted about that before, as well. Take your pick among page after page of articles about it.

This administration is the same with whistleblowers. Shocking that you've missed that, but you don't seem to keep up with the news.

Go ahead and put me on ignore because your post isn't going to silence me anytime soon.
It's not that he/she/it has not kept up with the news, it's more Obama and the liberals can do no wrong in their followers eyes no matter how badly they act, it's always someone else's fault.

That's why people have come to see liberalism as a mental disorder. Somehow it shuts off the ability to reason, see ideas other than your own and listen to varied opinions.
I liken it to the 3 monkeys, see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil (about liberals of course, everyone else is fair game)...

Old 01-15-2017, 09:27 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,802,265 times
Quote:
You said more than once you were not voting for either Trump or Clinton.

I think there may even be posts where you stated you didn't vote for either.

Nobody bought that because you've been very consistent in finding fault with Trump and excusing Clinton.

And now you claim you voted for Trump?

I voted for Kasich in the primary. I had not intended to vote for either nominated candidate. I changed my mind in the voting booth and voted Trump.

I have no regrets. This is not the same thing as drinking the Kool- aid.

My posting DNA is public. Your recollection is flawed.

Trump's messaging, jobs and tax cuts without getting bogged down in the details, was stronger than those of his opponent.

It's a curious thing that Trump/ Transistion Team has associated himself with and nominated many who have voting record and strong positions contrary to his own public opinions on the Iraq War resolution, trade, NATO, terrorism, Russia, Immigration, and so on.

It's evidence that Trump has been a compilation of sound bites without any substance. Nonetheless, he / Transistion Team has nominated a bevy of people, many of whom know more than he does and in some cases, arrived at conclusions/ positions very different than Trump's campaign sound bites.

I have said all along Trump has met all the criteria for a Narassistic Personality Disorder his entire adult life. I do not like Trump the person. None of this means he cannot be an effective POTUS.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 01-15-2017 at 09:36 AM..

Old 01-15-2017, 09:35 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,802,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post

You might consider rereading The Donald's twitter feed and report back on who is unhinged. One clue it ain't me.

That guy is one sick puppy.
Indeed he is one sick puppy. He has consistently demonstrated meeting all the criteria of a Narassistic Personality Disorder his entire adult life. He's 70 and not going to change. I do not like Trump the person.

It does not however mean he cannot be an effective POTUS.

It also means he is uniquely vulnerable to manipulation from within and well beyond his organization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies