Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 09:59 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
You gotta be kidding me Punk.

Your little nugget above is the mother of " taken out of context "

Furthermore.....Carson wiped her ass out.

He's going to make a great HUD Secretary.

How can anyone be a great HUD secretary when the intractable shortage of housing affordable to low earners will be with us for the foreseeable future.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:10 PM

Municipalities have a vested interest in benefiting SOME people, specifically, their relatively more affluent homeowners, which is why supply controls (ballot box zoning, minimum lot sizes, smart growth, slow growth, no growth) are so common.

Carson is unwilling to challenge business as usual, so the local playing fields will continue to be tilted.

The affordable housing shortage will persist and expand, and minimum wage increases will continue to be contentious for the foreseeable future as proponents tread the wheel of futility in their Sisyphean pursuit of making housing affordable to minimum wage workers.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:12 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,744 times
Racist.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
Racist.

No, classist. But that's perfectly okay in this country.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:18 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
Except this is just a slip of the tongue, no more. He misspoke. Johnson actually had no clue what they were talking about.

It really shows a lack of maturity and class to denigrate someone as distinguished as Dr. Carson because he misspoke. Amazing.
He didn't misspeak. He said his intention was not to benefit any American in particular. His slow and bizarre speech pattern just made it seem like he ended the sentence at a illogical time. The OPs criticism is bad, though in fairness, what Carson actually said is equally troubling. Or rather, what he didn't say. No direct answer to the question was given. Not a "no, I will not help Donald Trump make money" just some irrelevant point about morals and some vague point about not helping specific Americans, which is problematic because that's a subject change. He was asked about X and he answered for Y.

Also, Carson is distinguished as a brain surgeon.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:35 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Eh, I saw the humor in it even before reading the OP's edited version with added disclaimer that really should not have been necessary.

I like Ben Carson, but surely we can still have a sense of humor about people in (or coming in to) our government, right?

It IS funny when you see it for only the humor and not try to find harm behind every word typed on this forum.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:49 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
By low energy, I think Trump meant too laid back, which, is true. Possibly, this position is Trump's way of apologizing. If Carson can get past it, seems the rest of us should do the same.
Not only super low energy, worse than Jeb he said. But the "pathological disease" charge was even more denigrating. He constantly referred to Carson as someone with a pathological disease as a result of his violent behavior in the past.

You shouldnt slam others for denigrating Carson while your own Trump has humiliated him in front of millions.

Old 01-13-2017, 12:00 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess
You know we can see the entire exchange here right?
Hey at least the guy is honest right? (Maybe it wasnt a mistake he told the truth)

Old 01-13-2017, 01:46 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
We're getting a lot of non politicions in with Trump as well. I suspect we're going to have some truly hilarious ones. And I truly mean actually funny things.

And Trump, I think he is going to go above Biden level for foot in mouth things. Truly innocent things that will just come out wrong. People will yell, and scream, and misinterpret it, But I will still be laughing. Cause its just going to be funny.

Old 01-13-2017, 01:57 AM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I quote: "It will not be my intention to do anything to benefit any American."

This administration will be known as the "blooper reel" of the history of democracy.

EDIT: A DISCLAIMER FOR THE IMBECILES WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND SARCASM:

I, the OP, do NOT think this is a serious reflection of Ben Carson's position, or that it, when taken alone, is grounds to reject him as HUD Secretary. I am simply having a laugh at a politician tripping up and saying something that came out very BAD and was pretty funny. It is pointing out a Freudian slip...I'll wait while Trump supporters google what that means. Ok, now that you found it, feel free to tell me how "Freud was overrated" and "generated a lot of fake new" and "well, what about Benghazi!" blah blah...
Per the bolded ---How nasty and condescending of you. I suppose that you are one of those people who thinks all liberals have genius level IQs. Truth is that you liberals can count among your supporters many uneducated voters.

What was your point of starting this thread? Was it just a chance to insult others?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies