Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 04:40 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That is most certainly a shame and I am sure by design, he would have been torn apart in any other cabinet position. I wonder if he can pass the FBI background check.
They just announced a bipartisan investigation into the Russian hacking including contact between Russia and the campaigns. They will have subpoena power. I have a feeling Flynn will be called in.

Old 01-13-2017, 05:13 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Default Michael Flynn Wished Russian Ambassador "Merry Christmas", Looks Forward To Speaking With Him...... Er-Ma-GERD!!!!

I swear.... is the media, CNN particularly, going to have a heart attack every time Trump or one of his team farts sideways for the next 4 years?

People in government talk to each other. They are SUPPOSED to talk to each other and work for the best interests of their country.

This is getting highly ridiculous.

Old 01-13-2017, 05:30 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
Agreed. No American wants any kind of conflict with Russia. Many of our politicians do along with a small minority of the insane and greedy in the MIC but no average American does.

Russia is willing to talk, willing to work with and we both could accomplish great things doing this. Russia will not do it from her knees. Don't even try that, why not another path? Why not a city in space built by America, Russia, China, France and others in the world? Why not do something good for humanity instead of trying to wreck the only world we have to live on and making whole swaths of it miserable?

There's too many people in the west with the thought processes of reptiles and they have too much power and influence.

God help us.

Old 01-13-2017, 05:48 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
I think from what people say the plan is to constantly make chaos and war of words.

Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counterattack ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, who then react to your advantage.

Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose.

The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:11 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
trump's team is saying he was just calling to wish them a merry xmas :-)

will be interesting to see what happens here. people are talking hatch act.
Well, it is violation of the Hatch Act if Flynn texted - then called to discuss same. It's not UP to a private citizen to discuss issues with a foreign government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
from Salon.Com?

Who's the anonymous source?

See, I had an anonymous source tell me that Hillary, Trump, AND Obama are all really lizard-people. In fact, he actually SAW trump ingest a rat WHOLE! But I didnt run to the media b/c it was an anonymous source (and I dont believe in lizard people)
Well - a vast majority of you believed in pizza gate so ya'll believe anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Salon + "Anonymous Official" = Fake News
Nope. It's not fake news. The conversations took place. What was said is the only thing we don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Seems to me like the right move.

Russia can be froggy and leap with a hot head before any logical consideration for repercussions which could come.

Lefties look for the boogeyman in every thing.
Sure. Like ya'll think Hillary is a pedophile that eats babies.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:11 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I swear.... is the media, CNN particularly, going to have a heart attack every time Trump or one of his team farts sideways for the next 4 years?

People in government talk to each other. They are SUPPOSED to talk to each other and work for the best interests of their country.

This is getting highly ridiculous.
Actually they arent. Its arguably a violation of the Logan act in this particular instance.

Reality is-no one cares about that unless you do something intentionally wrong. And even then it depends on who you are.

But anything involving Russia is going to be under a microscope. They are not our friend, and Trumps acting like they are.....which to be fair so did many of our past leaders. Putin will eventually do something to educate Trump....just like all the others.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:14 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Libs are proposing legislation that calls for the death penalty if you tell a Russian "God bless you" after a sneeze.

No, really. I heard it on CNN.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:22 PM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
His phone call doesn't add up unless he also contacted other countries along with Russia, was this an urgent phone call. I would think that the present administration should have been made aware of this since we were about to expel their people because they attempted to influence our election, yet here is the incoming administration on the phone with them the same day.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:27 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Nothing wrong with getting a head start. I like proactive people who want to establish connections as soon as possible.
Sure, I want a job with secret service, so I'll go up to the White House with a suit and 3 guns
you can't go to a foreign country not our ally- and represent ! Please

Old 01-13-2017, 07:32 PM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
I was just thinking about Putin and the Russian Ambassador, aren't they Russian Orthodox. If so they celebrate Christmas on Jan 7 but Flynn is wishing them a Merry Christmas on December 28? Happy New Year would have been more like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies