Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2017, 09:01 PM

15,044 posts, read 12,246,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Hillary didn't win the popular vote.

Why is the Clinton Global Initiative shutting down when she and Bill now have more free time on their hands?
Well, I'd say that since Hillary lost the election they aren't in a position to take advantage of the presidency for all those great pay and play fundraisers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 10:34 PM

2,092 posts, read 1,425,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
From what I can tell, John Lewis views Russian interference in the election as not coming under the heading of "fair and square." He's believes this is wrong.

Some view Comey's public announcements just days before the election on the investigation of Clinton's emails (which turned out to a big bunch of nothing) while keeping mum about the investigation of Russian involvement as not being "fair and square."

Many are quite comfortable with this business of Russia and the FBI putting their thumbs on the scale.

Others, such as John Lewis, are not.
People may or may not be influenced by events and information that comes out. Here is a list from Rolling Stone about the "October Surprises" of 2016. A Timeline of the 23 October Surprises of the 2016 Election - Rolling Stone Most of them were intended to derail Trump. No reasonable person would argue that our own media was grossly biased against Trump and leaned heavily toward Clinton. All the polls showed Hillary winning by a sizeable margin.

Comey left no doubt that Hillary very negligently mishandled classified information as SOS so it wasn't a "bunch of nothing". The Wikileaks emails that exposed the abject corruption of Hillary and the DNC, leading to the resignation of two DNC high profile staffers was also not a "bunch of nothing". I realize that Democrat voters and Democrats in Congress are not concerned with the corruption within their own party and their own candidates but to blame her loss on "the Russians" is flat out ludicrous. Comey was between a rock and a hard place with the investigations--to delay the re-opening of the investigation until after the election would have been egregiously partisan. He had to get it out and get it over with before the election.

From all I have read the NSA sweeps up EVERYTHING that travels over fiber networks. They have all our phone calls and all our emails stashed away. They know where any intrusions come from and where any information that is lifted goes to. Yet the NSA was only "moderately confident" in the final report that was released just recently blaming Russia for hacking the DNC. The NSA should also know whether Hillary's email server she used as SOS was ever hacked but they have remained silent on that one. The report was firm that there was no evidence of Russian tampering with the voting process in any way. People voted as they wanted to vote so, yes, Trump did win "fair and square".

Whether Russia actually had a hand in releasing damaging information about Hillary to Wikileaks or any other outlet such as DCLeaks will probably never be known with absolute certainty. What is not in question is that Trump had thousands--even tens of thousands--of people attending his rallies consistently and from early in the campaign all the way through to the end. Hillary's attendance record at her campaign events was, at times, abysmal. It certainly did not help her any to collapse at the 911 memorial service. She could not even stand while waiting for the Secret Service vehicle to come and pick her up and she collapsed into the arms of the agents and had to be lifted into the car. People began to have realistic concerns about her health.

Millions of Democrats have not--and may never--come to terms with the outcome of this election. There were countless factors that played into it, from all angles, and historians will be looking for answers for decades.

https://shadowproof.com/2017/01/06/i...n-lacks-proof/

Old 01-15-2017, 10:41 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,745,435 times
Lewis is a racist putz. At one time his life stood for something good and positive but he has done next to nothing the past 20 of the 30 years he has been in office. He has become a bitter old black racist. I am so happy Trump went after him hard. Lewis is a huge part of the problem with government. I'm sure if they dig deep they will find all the bodies attached to his corruption. Hey, John, you know what's not a legitimate organization? The Congressional black caucus of which you support and are a part off. Racist bastard.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:41 PM

2,092 posts, read 1,425,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
John Lewis was fighting for human rights while Trump was dodging the Vietnam draft. Checkmate.
No, he didn't. Even the leftie Snopes admits that.

Donald Trump's Draft Deferments : snopes.com

Old 01-15-2017, 11:01 PM

32,153 posts, read 15,162,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
Luckily, no one other than the idiots who keep re-electing him, care what John Lewis thinks.

A lot of us care. John Lewis is a legend. Do you know what he went through or don't you care. Trump's idiotic response is just another reason his ratings are so low for an incoming president. If Trump wants respect then he has to also respect.

Old 01-15-2017, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

A lot of us care. John Lewis is a legend. Do you know what he went through or don't you care. Trump's idiotic response is just another reason his ratings are so low for an incoming president. If Trump wants respect then he has to also respect.
I know what he went through and I care. But, that was a long time ago. Lewis made a career out of his civil rights movement participation. I appreciate everything he has done back then. John Lewis of the past 20 years hasn't done much besides becoming an angry bitter racist who calls everyone he doesn't agree with a racist and carried the Clinton's water pail for them while trailing 10 steps behind them where ever they went coming to attention every time they snapped their fingers for him. That's why he is bitter. He's just taking his unbridled racism out on Trump because Trump is an easy target.

How many times have I watched congressional hearings Lewis get's the mike and he rants and raves about subjects that have nothing to do about the hearing in question and, nobody tries to call him to order. Congress got used to him going on and on about nothing. Trump isn't going to play John Lweis's game. Trump just called John Lewis to order and he better damn well respect the office of the President.

Old 01-15-2017, 11:16 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,646,991 times
Johnny, don't point that gun at me. Can I save my life at any price?

What has he done since 1963?

Old 01-15-2017, 11:26 PM

32,153 posts, read 15,162,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
I know what he went through and I care. But, that was a long time ago. Lewis made a career out of his civil rights movement participation. I appreciate everything he has done back then. John Lewis of the past 20 years hasn't done much besides becoming an angry bitter racist who calls everyone he doesn't agree with a racist and carried the Clinton's water pail for them while trailing 10 steps behind them where ever they went coming to attention every time they snapped their fingers for him. That's why he is bitter. He's just taking his unbridled racism out on Trump because Trump is an easy target.

How many times have I watched congressional hearings Lewis get's the mike and he rants and raves about subjects that have nothing to do about the hearing in question and, nobody tries to call him to order. Congress got used to him going on and on about nothing. Trump isn't going to play John Lweis's game. Trump just called John Lewis to order and he better damn well respect the office of the President.
How many times have we heard most of congress rant and rave. And no Lewis does not have to fall in line like blacks had to do in the past. He is a better man then Trump and the majority of us know that. So sorry, he does not have to respect Trump, nor does half the country. Our president has to earn respect. So far, Trump just seems to alienate us further and further

Old 01-16-2017, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How many times have we heard most of congress rant and rave. And no Lewis does not have to fall in line like blacks had to do in the past. He is a better man then Trump and the majority of us know that. So sorry, he does not have to respect Trump, nor does half the country. Our president has to earn respect. So far, Trump just seems to alienate us further and further
Well, this "better man" has made some stunningly false accusations against republicans when it suited his and Democrats needs. Here are several of them.

2008: Falsely accused Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) and Gov. Sarah Palin of racism.

2010: Falsely claimed that Tea Party demonstrators said the “N-word” during anti-Obamacare rally.

2012: Falsely accused Republicans of wanting to take Americans back to Jim Crow.

2016: Falsely compared Donald Trump to George Wallace.

2016: Falsely claimed Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) played no role in the civil rights movement.

2017: Falsely claimed Trump is “illegitimate” because of a Russian “conspiracy"

Old 01-16-2017, 04:18 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,736,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
As a democrat and often critic of everything republican say that the electoral college has spoken. In a few days Donald Trump will be President of the United States.

Done.

Pretty sure people agree with you .He won.Still does not mean he is the people's choice.....far from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies