Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2017, 04:37 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,126,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How many times have we heard most of congress rant and rave. And no Lewis does not have to fall in line like blacks had to do in the past. He is a better man then Trump and the majority of us know that. So sorry, he does not have to respect Trump, nor does half the country. Our president has to earn respect. So far, Trump just seems to alienate us further and further
"So far, Trump just seems to alienate us further and further"? Excuse me?

Obama spent most of his time in office planting those seeds.Trump is arriving during the harvest, and should expect all elected office holders to respect the outcome of an election.

Obama obviously disliked Whites and only tolerated them when there was some benefit for him.
Lewis threw the first punch, then hides behind his shield of racism when Trump responded.

The result is just what Obama's acolytes want: Black vs. White forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 05:26 AM

59,164 posts, read 27,361,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
The true mark of childish behavior lies in the obviousness of the barely contained rage of a two year old. Trump, and many of his avid supporters, seem afflicted with this kind of behavior simply for the fact of their life long habit of having things going their way. I'm really amused at the thought of this billionaire man-child and his tweeting vitriol, at the very least we as Americans should hold our leaders to what we all know is an acceptable framework of public decorum.

Trump's bellicose belligerency is speaking volumes, way beyond the 140 characters of his tweeting limits, why he wants to pander to the lowest mentality in the land is beyond me. Obama, for all of his faults, had a poised and collected manner to his public appearances, intellectually on top of things, knowing his boundaries, speaking articulately, yes, I had my differences with him but on the whole he could demonstrate his intelligence, something the Don seems incapable of. Real estate, is that the background we desire when we choose our person who will sit in the White House? Is being a billionaire going to become the new criteria for American political leadership? Is public crassness becoming an admired trait, why is Trump finding it so difficult to deal with a situation of his own making??
"The true mark of childish behavior lies in the obviousness of the barely contained rage of a two year old. Trump, and many of his avid supporters, seem afflicted with this kind of behavior....'

It's funny I DON;T see the trump supporters having to go to "safe " rooms.

I don't see Trump supporters needing crayons and play Doo.

I don't seeT trump supporters crying like 2 year old's out in public.

I don't see repub supporters refusing to perform when Obama was elected , TWICE.

I don't see trump supports always referring to Obama as "black" man as some on her calling Trump "orange man.

So, who is acting like 2 yer old's?

"and his tweeting vitriol" why because 2weets 2 or 3 time a day?

I have news for you, Tweeting is the NEW way to communicate in the 21st century.

You just don't like it because he is going around the very biased liberal news media and they can't twist, turn and filter anything he says.

They have you believing that you CAN'T understand for YOURSELF what any "news" story says .

THEY have to filter it, massage it and write it so you people with the intellect of a 7th grader can understand it.

"He who falls behind technologically, WILL be lost!"

Old 01-16-2017, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Trump is NOT the boss. Any Congressman can call him a racist. A booger eating moron. A clown. Whatever they want and there isn't a damn thing Trump can do about it.

Anyone can outside of people he appoints or perhaps work for him directly. In this case he is not the boss.
You STILL don't get it.

I feel sorry for you.

I am going try just once more.

She was talking about her BOSS at work and made NO MENTION OF CONGERS but for some reason YOU want to bring them into the conversations as you ALWAYS do, attempting to confuse the conversation by bringing up things that have NOTING to do with the subject at hand.

You must have A.D.D.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 01-16-2017 at 05:32 AM.. Reason: .

Old 01-16-2017, 05:28 AM

27,215 posts, read 46,778,320 times
Thumbs up MLK family not in agreement with Lewis about his current stands.

The family of MLK stands with Trump and has a lot of respect for Congressman Lewis but not his current stands.

The MLK family members strongly support President Trump and some family members will meet with Trump today.

This was just reported on Fox news in a life interview with the niece of MLK who was very clear how the family stands behind uniting and not stands behind Lewis with not willing to attend.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:34 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,857,932 times
Back to John Lewis.

He is focusing on the needs of those in his district. They sent him to Washington DC to represent their interests.

What interest would his constituents have in overlooking that the next president was elected with "back channel" help of the Kremlin and might well be Putin's puppet?

Old 01-16-2017, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
The USA has 3 branches of government. Trump is not the boss of the congress. He's going to have a major meltdown as he learns this the hard way. When the Republicans in congress don't do what he wants, it's going to get very entertaining.
Not another one.

I will repeat this JUST ONCE. Pleas PLEASE red it ESPECIALLY THE BOLDED.

If you are going to chime in try following the thread FIRST and you will keep from making a fool of yourself, maybe.

" I'm sure my boss is gonna love this!"" was a made up example story by a poster to make a point.

I responded that in THIS case Trump IS the boss.

Congress was NEVER mentioned.

Sometime you act like a 3 year old.

You constantly pull things out of the air that have NOTHING to do with subject being discussed ONLY to divert the conversation.

How childish!

Old 01-16-2017, 05:38 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,250,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

Trump is not the boss.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:46 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,857,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Trump is not the boss.
If Trump doesn't realize it already, he will soon enough.

He's bumbling around in the "bigglies" now, and as soon as he becomes a liability for the Republicans, they'll knife him in the night. I don't see them going down with his ship of fools.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:50 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,966,873 times
Quote:
Not another one.

I will repeat this JUST ONCE. Pleas PLEASE red it ESPECIALLY THE BOLDED.

If you are going to chime in try following the thread FIRST and you will keep from making a fool of yourself, maybe.

" I'm sure my boss is gonna love this!"" was a made up example story by a poster to make a point.

Congress was NEVER mentioned.

Sometime you act like a 3 year old.

You constantly pull things out of the air that have NOTHING to do with subject being discussed ONLY to divert the conversation.

How childish!
You called Trump the boss in a thread about John Lewis the Congressman.

As has been correctly pointed out, Trump is not the boss, but a co-equal partner.

Quote:
" I'm sure my boss is gonna love this!"

Trump IS THE BOSS!

So, if someone in that meeting called you a racist and are not fit to work here, you would just sit there with your mouth shut and take it?

If you say you would, I wouldn't WANT you as an employee of mine.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:52 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,514,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
"So far, Trump just seems to alienate us further and further"? Excuse me?

Obama spent most of his time in office planting those seeds.Trump is arriving during the harvest, and should expect all elected office holders to respect the outcome of an election.

Obama obviously disliked Whites and only tolerated them when there was some benefit for him.
Lewis threw the first punch, then hides behind his shield of racism when Trump responded.

The result is just what Obama's acolytes want: Black vs. White forever.
This isn't a street fight. What exactly did Trump have to gain from attacking Lewis's performance in Congress ? Will that tweet help or hurt his chances of accomplishing his objectives ? This was a a needless, terrible response to what Lewis said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies