Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 08:22 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,791,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow Mewo View Post
And by the way no high school teacher should be having sex with their students. That's against their fiduciary responsibilities.
This much I do agree with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 08:24 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
You're not good at defining things, I see.

This post makes it clear to me that the objections here are rooted in no facts at all; just popular public opinion.
Public opinion?

I think not.

If I am not good at defining things, maybe you can define the word "normal" for us.

You asked me a question, what is normal parent?

well, a definition of

Pedophile is a person who has a sexual interest in children.

Do you deny that is the definition of a pedophile?

Do you think any normal parents would want a pedophile of either gender to be anywhere near their children?

I see you are not a very good debater. You accuse me of not good at defining things, yet you have not offered any counterargument.

I think you are just a lazy debater.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:25 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

For starters, not all 13 year old boys have reached puberty as some develop much later.
And some developed much earlier and at 13 look like 17.

Quote:

Also, if you had a 13 year old boy, would you want an adult woman having sex with your son?
No. And the only reason is that I, as a parent, could be on the hook for child support until he gets 18.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:27 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Please don't tell adult people what to think and feel.
This is a public forum. You opened the door for getting feedback when you posted. You've expressed how you think and feel, and so the rest of us get to weigh in on it. That's what public forums are about. If you cannot handle being told that what you engaged in isn't normal perhaps you shouldn't be sharing that information.

By the way, I'm in no way blaming you for what happened. I'm blaming the adult you were with.

But you're an adult now and your thinking is way off about this. As an aside, I hope you don't have kids.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:27 AM

Quote:

For starters, not all 13 year old boys have reached puberty as some develop much later.

Regardless, just because a child can physically have sex at a certain age, does not mean they are mentally/emotionally ready to do so.
You thinking "it is generally accepted that older women and young men situations weren't a bid deal" is stretching things.
For starters, it is not as accepted as older men with younger women. Regardless, this is a young boy, not a man.
Would you think it was ok for an adult man to have sex with a 13 year old girl if they took precautions not to get pregnant
Also, if you had a 13 year old boy, would you want an adult woman having sex with your son?
So yes, she is a pedophile in our society and by most peoples moral compasses.

Lastly, what does your last comment mean?
Do you think what the teacher did was sick, or that it is sick to get a decade in prison for having sex with their student?
The men in my family have always been quite precocious, so I cannot imagine having a serious problem with my son being with an older woman. His mother likely would, I will admit.

The woman in question is not a pedophile, and, yes, I think getting ten years for such a harmless act is sick.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:28 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Public opinion?

I think not.

If I am not good at defining things, maybe you can define the word "normal" for us.

You asked me a question, what is normal parent?

well, a definition of

Pedophile is a person who has a sexual interest in children.

Do you deny that is the definition of a pedophile?

Do you think any normal parents would want a pedophile of either gender to be anywhere near their children?

I see you are not a very good debater. You accuse me of not good at defining things, yet you have not offered any counterargument.

I think you are just a lazy debater.
Pedophyl is a person who attrackted to kids before puberty. In this case the kid has "how 13 years old can have body like this". Therefore I guess he did not look like a child before puberty.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
The men in my family have always been quite precocious, so I cannot imagine having a serious problem with my son being with an older woman. His mother likely would, I will admit.

The woman in question is not a pedophile, and, yes, I think getting ten years for such a harmless act is sick.
Says you.

I see you are not very good at defining things.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:29 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Mash and Gunion Powder, are you both from another country originally? And living in the U.S. now?

Old 01-16-2017, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No thanks. I'm not playing games with you today. Do it yourself.
The burden of proof is on you, though. You can't prove my points to be invalid without backing it up.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Pedophyl is a person who attrackted to kids before puberty. In this case the kid has "how 13 years old can have body like this". Therefore I guess he did not look like a child before puberty.
That is not the definition

pedophile
an adult who is sexually attracted to young children.

Pedophile | Define Pedophile at Dictionary.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies