Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 11:55 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I read a different point of view written by a Fox reporter. Here's an article and a video.

Fox's Shepard Smith defends CNN against Donald Trump's 'belittling'

By the way, although many reports on Fox News were false or misleading, when did President Obama stop taking questions from a Fox News reporter during a press conference?

One other thing...CNN didn't lie about the investigative report. They simply reported it existed. OTOH, Fox News lied about a lot of things. Example:

Fox News Anchor Apologizes For Fake Obama Story
I think its pretty dishonest of you to say that CNN investigates its report because clearly, they did no such thing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
The only thing that shows is that there is no shortage of knuckle dragging mouth breathers out there.

I don't have cable so I don't watch any of those channels.

Leftists want everyone to only watch MSNBC and The Young Turks but that is not happening

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I read a different point of view written by a Fox reporter. Here's an article and a video.

Fox's Shepard Smith defends CNN against Donald Trump's 'belittling'

By the way, although many reports on Fox News were false or misleading, when did President Obama stop taking questions from a Fox News reporter during a press conference?

One other thing...CNN didn't lie about the investigative report. They simply reported it existed. OTOH, Fox News lied about a lot of things. Example:

Fox News Anchor Apologizes For Fake Obama Story
Yeah, Shepard Smith is part of what makes Fox more fair and balanced. Watching his show is like watching CNN. There are four or more that have shows bashing Trump regularly. Not necessarily a bad thing because you don't have to watch CNN to know what they are up too.

Old 01-16-2017, 11:58 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,112,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
The only thing that shows is that there is no shortage of knuckle dragging mouth breathers out there.

I don't have cable so I don't watch any of those channels.
Yet, you comment on those who do?

That's quite telling.

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Only hardcore drooling leftists watch CNN these days
Sorry...I had to stop typing because I was drooling all over my laptop. But I have several more links. When Fox gets caught red-handed, sometimes they apologize after their fake stories go viral.

[URL="https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/fox-news-apologizes-for-falsely-reporting-that-clinton-faces-indictment/2016/11/04/8fd56f20-a2b7-11e6-8d63-3e0a660f1f04_story.html?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.328618 7b6223"]Fox News apologizes for falsely reporting that Clinton faces indictment[/URL]

Again, CNN did not lie about Trump. BuzzFeed released a story that was unverified and they began it by stating it was an unsubstantiated report. In any case, the 2 sources are not related.

But Fox lies all the time. Why else would a reporter apologize for making up a story? Here's another one.

[URL="http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/12/24/1614331/-Fox-News-FINALLY-Apologizes-For-Lying-About-A-Man-And-His-90-Year-Old-Grandmother"]Fox News FINALLY Apologizes For Lying About A Man And His 90 Year Old Grandmother
[/URL]

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I haven't watched cable or network news in decades. I don't need anyone else on either side of the aisle telling me what to think. The fact that Fox News and rightwing AM radio gets higher ratings than their leftwing counterparts tells you that less people on the right are able to think for themselves.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand in other news, the fact that most people believe the earth is round is merely proof that it is not.

Old 01-16-2017, 12:02 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
The silencing of the media will become common in the coming years.

"were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter" - Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-16-2017, 12:05 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
So how do you know so much about them?
How do I know so much about what?

Old 01-16-2017, 12:08 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I think its pretty dishonest of you to say that CNN investigates its report because clearly, they did no such thing...
Show me where I said this in my post?

CNN only reported that intelligence officials had briefed Trump on an unverified dossier alleging that the Russian government is in possession of compromising information about him. CNN also added the report was based on memos compiled by a former British intelligence operative that were intended as opposition research into Trump and that they could not be verified.

Maybe I should have used the word "intelligence" report and it would have been clearer, but I doubt if my post would have been any more acceptable to you.

Old 01-16-2017, 12:10 PM

613 posts, read 463,767 times
Trash video. There were dramatic differences in how Trump shut that guy down and Obama casually talking about Fox news. Better believe if Obama ever spoke to any journalist the way Trump talked to that guy, it would be a huge scandal.

But people here will hate the Obamas for breathing, so, carry on, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies