Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 02:30 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times

Advertisements

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
No, you got caught, and are trying to cover up with a selective quote of your own statement.

Let me refresh your memory.

You distinctly claimed that the GOP in that part of government will have a good seat to observe the effectiveness of Trump.

Quote:
The rule is that the first one to bring in a reference to another person's mother has lost the argument.
She should have helped you with reading fundamentals, or maybe that is the problem, she did. IDK

I'll let my words stand and anyone who can read and understands English and comprehend it can make their own judgement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
So far, the only thing remarkable about the Trump presidency is its pettiness.

Like most of us, I'm hoping he will grow up and begin thinking and acting like an adult.

The election turned out to be a big wake-up call to the news media; He used them as a tool and a target, and without them, he would never have been elected.

But now, the news media- all of it, newspapers, all press, TV, radio, internet- has nothing at all to lose anymore. The only way they can reclaim their credibility is to call every lie he makes a lie, without mincing words or beating around the bush.

It has already begun. During the campaign, Trump could threaten a reporter or a news channel or a newspaper with a defamation lawsuit and get away with it, but now, he can't. And the news has plenty of easily verifiable evidence a Trump lie is a lie. Most of the evidence comes from Trump's appearances.

How can he sue an entire industry and ever hope to keep his credibility as President of the United States? He can't ever win such a lawsuit, and we have all seen what happens when a president is caught out in a lie in the past.

Trump now has a very hostile press he must face for the next 4 years. He will be truly remarkable if he is able to convince them, and through them the rest of us, of his honesty, sincerity, and good intentions for us all, including those who didn't vote for him.
If words would get it done all the politicians before him would have produced utopia.

Dystopia created by Obama has produced Trump.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:54 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,976,514 times
OP, I agree 100% that the Trump presidency will be remarkable. Sorry .. cannot argue with that. I am thrilled. And I think each waking hour I am learning more and appreciating more what that will mean and who this man really is. He IS remarkable and his time in office will be as well.

Earlier today even I wondered about the first press briefing for instance - not that I thought Trump was wrong but perhaps we weren't phrasing things the right way - and that went for Trump, Spicer and Conway .. all three I thought had the right idea but why they said what they said and how they said what they said about the crowds had me a bit concerned. I figured that was a silly matter to waste time on but felt they had a right to say what they said if they wanted to. What I didn't really 'get' till later today was that there was more method to their madness than I had realized - and I have always given him the benefit of the doubt. It was all very calculated and deliberate. Each and every little media transgression is, will be and must be called out and made such note of in such a way that the public hears about it.

And the way KellyAnne was put on the spot ... well, I think Trump's team knew that would happen and that gave her the opportunity to slip in a key phrase - about possibly having to reconsider the 'relationship'! Trump holds the key to the Press Room. Originally I thought she should just have walked out but now I think she did exactly the right thing - and said the right things too.

I will not underestimate Trump and his team again. He means business! Daddy has to be on the job till they start policing themselves. If they don't start reporting properly as they should, Daddy will take away their toys till they do. A nuisance that he has to do that but so be it. I am fairly bright and was listening intently anyway but it still took me a day to 'get it'. I cringed a bit and wished he had chosen to leave the crowd thing alone or spent less time on that .. could not see why it mattered .. felt maybe it was an ego thing .. but it wasn't at all - and I should have seen that because I already have a lot of faith in him to know what he is doing even if he has seemed to phrase things in a way I might not have the courage to. It will take a LOT longer for the media and the left to get it .. but I will bet my last dollar they WILL before he is through with them. Bringing back truth and objectivity to the media will be a MAJOR accomplishment and benefit for everyone in this country. I am more and more certain that if anyone can do it, Trump can.

And the inauguration rioters .. 217 of them will be/are being charged with felonies .. up to 10 years in the slammer and a massive fine also possible. They too will 'get it' eventually - no more condoning of violence and messing with private property or attacking police. You WILL be charged - and eventually some of you WILL pay a big price (if we can get the judge thing sorted out to put a few more on the side of law and order). And perhaps Madonna isn't going to enjoy the 'investigation' into what sounded a lot to me as though it was an attempt to incite violence (which of course she will deny - but as a public figure she has an obligation to be very careful about what she says to a lot of protesters, none of whom she knows).

And that is just the first 2 days worth of 'remarkable'. I hope to see a LOT more 'remarkable'. I think we really got the right man to do this job this time - and I think most of us will be very grateful to him. I certainly won't 2nd guess him again .. at least not before I figure out the true motives for his actions.

I hazard a guess that he WILL handle his interactions with Congress just fine as well. And will also probably fare quite well on the world stage. He will make some very bold moves and he already has many baffled by what they think is a cozy relationship with Putin. This is certainly going to be a very interesting few years - glad I am around to see it all.

Who was it that said that Trump was not a politician?

Old 01-22-2017, 03:20 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,689,002 times
This whole notion that it's outrageous that Trump Tweets was created by... wait for it... the media. When the media twists and lies about you all the time, why not just start tweeting instead so that you can make sure that the facts are straight.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:28 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Default The Trump presidency is remarkable.

Trump sees America as remakable.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
This whole notion that it's outrageous that Trump Tweets was created by... wait for it... the media. When the media twists and lies about you all the time, why not just start tweeting instead so that you can make sure that the facts are straight.

I'm not on twitter but I look forward to hearing about Trump's tweets.
The press that wants ratings will have to report them or suffer.
Trump has them by the small hands if ya know what I mean.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:51 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,674,904 times
The Ghost of Mr. Nixon can come back and tell Mr. Trump a thing or two about the long-term consequences of stepping to the media, even as popular as the media may be......!

Old 01-22-2017, 04:54 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
The GOP controlled Congress better damn do more than "have a good seat to observe how effective Trump will be", else we've just entered a slow slide into fascism.
Well, if they were smart, once they're done with steamrolling health insurance, gutting environmental protection, doing away with net neutrality and putting Social Security under control of their banker friends, they'll impeach Trump when he invariably steps over the line. Unpopular policies will have Trump's name on them. And Pence is enough of a nonentity to be controlled.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:55 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Dystopia created by Obama...
This is what Trump voters actually believe.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:56 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The Trump presidency is remarkable.

Remarkable in that he is not only going to reform government and the GOP but media also.

2) Reforming government and prying the hands of unelected bureaucrat's hold from power will never be complete and a constant effort is required. Much of it has to be done by his cabinet appointments out of sight of the public. Only time will tell how effective Trump management will be.
ROFLMAO!!

I bet you have no idea that cabinet appointments are unelected bureaucrats......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies