Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 10:35 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times

Advertisements

Lot's of people crying that Obama is no longer President.

What did he do for you the past 8 years?

Do you just 'miss' Obama because you are 'fearful' of Trump or hate Trump?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 10:45 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Lot's of people crying that Obama is no longer President.

Do you just 'miss' Obama because you are 'fearful' of Trump or hate Trump?
Two words: Judicial appointments

The only thing a president truly does, and not just supreme Court but all federal circuit courts as well

Old 01-22-2017, 11:01 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times

The result of more expensive programs not funded well by tax revenue.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:07 PM

21,136 posts, read 19,722,567 times
I agree with vision33r. Obama put more debt burden on me as a taxpayer. Although, I will be retiring in 14-17 years, so other people and their kids will have to pay it off. (I don't have kids.)

Old 01-22-2017, 11:13 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,748,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post

Didn't fix our bad economy because he was too busy playing golf and supporting terrorist regimes in the middle east.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:25 PM

421 posts, read 205,102 times
What did Obama do for me? Absolutely nothing, personally my taxes went up with his BS penalty "fine", and I know of several family members that experienced hardship/layoffs under his Obama economy, also know friends/acquiantances that went thru a couple layoffs..... Obama was just a bad president "all around"

The only positive I can think of? Obama presided over the creation of the CFPB, which is perhaps the first government entity in HISTORY that actually works/fights for everyday people It's pretty much the only government agency that is not completely bought-off by money.

Obama created a subtle but noticeable "negative sentiment" and "low morale" in the country as a whole, it's hard to explain..... people just seem so "on edge", up-tight, angry-looking, stressed, and depressed ever since ~2009 or so. Maybe it's the economy that never got better? Maybe it's all the smartphones and wireless radiation? Maybe it's the mental burden of living paycheck-to-paycheck? Maybe it's Obama? Something else? I don't know, it's just something you can "feel" in the social atmosphere, it's subtle.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:12 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,473,484 times
The list is long, but the most important was that he made me very proud to have him as President. Thank you, President Obama. Love, respect and great admiration always.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:26 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,370,223 times
Got my hours reduced to 30 per week and then fined me for not having health care.

Burn in hell Barry

Old 01-23-2017, 12:31 AM

1,709 posts, read 2,168,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I agree with vision33r. Obama put more debt burden on me as a taxpayer. Although, I will be retiring in 14-17 years, so other people and their kids will have to pay it off. (I don't have kids.)
Why is it so difficult to grasp the concept of the deficit? You don't erase the debt. You erase the deficit first, then the debt (an accumulation of deficits) goes away. Obama did not get rid of the debt or deficit unfortunately, but he did cut the deficit. Give the guy some credit. Yeesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Didn't fix our bad economy because he was too busy playing golf and supporting terrorist regimes in the middle east.
Is our economy still bad? If so, by what metric?

Also, what is your opinion on Bush taking more vacations/golf trips than Obama? Or past presidents such as Reagan doing the same? Were you as critical then? I hope so for continuity's sake.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:36 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,811,465 times
Without him, I probably wouldn't have had any healthcare. I do normally hate allopathic medicine (that doesn't change) but I'm not sure I would have had found out I had plantar fasciitis and took steps to manage it. Nor would I have found out I had allergies or gastritis. I wouldn't have had a therapist either so who knows if I would even realize I had a disability?

He also made me think more highly of the country. I am disappointed that there couldn't be that much changes while he was in office but I don't think it was his fault. I really believe he tried the best he could. I wouldn't have minded Romney that much looking back but I really did like him as a person.

Last edited by Nickchick; 01-23-2017 at 01:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies