Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2017, 07:09 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times

Advertisements

Since it seems we are going to be getting quite a few lies these next 4 years, perhaps it would be good to list them in one thread and update it as required.

First though, some rules for contribution.

1) Dont be petty. Dont bother with those at 1 or 2 on a scale of 5 . There are plenty of real ones out there so lets not get bogged down with the kinda , sorta stuff that may be a matter of interpretation. Just the ones that range from " only a Trump supporter would believe that nonsense" up to "how the hell does even a Trump supporter manage to make himself believe that garbage". The importance of lie is irrelevant, lets post the irrelevant to show the pattern of nonstop lying. The inauguration lie was trivial ,yet bold and brazen, and so fair game.

2) Provide the actual facts, so the Trump worshippers have to see the truth.

3) No copying and pasting from other sites, no linking to articles that list them as a substitute for writing them out one by one, as many will no doubt be of the "interpretation' variety referenced in point 1. Write your own contribution out, no matter your source.

4) Stick with stuff from his presidential campaigns, both this one and 2012. Stuff he said before then will no doubt include a lot of lies, but lets limit it to things said while running for POTUS.

BTW, Trump supporters are welcome to create their own thread about the lies of Obama. I have asked about these lies in the past and they almost all boil down to " you can keep your insurance", with little else offered besides angry noise. So start your own competing thread if you wish, I doubt it will contain anything more than the past attempts have.

But "Obama lies" comments will be ignored by me here, and I encourage contributors of Trump lies to ignore the noise also. If they have lies to post, they will have the courage to start their own thread and post them there for debate.

With that said, I will start the offerings.

1) The inauguration crowd size. Trump claimed 1.5 mil. Spicer made false claims about the number of transit riders, then made false claims of excuses why the crowds looked smaller, such as white tarps, security arrangements not used at previous inaugurations, long lines, etc. The Secret Service has debunked the extra security and long lines nonsense, and the white tarps only show up so well because, well, there werent people standing on them. The next day or so Spicer tried to claim he didnt purposefully lie and that what he meant was all viewership including TV and internet, but thats nonsense, as he was talking about photos of crowds and non existent long lines and transit rider numbers the previous news conf.

2) He will release his tax returns when the supposed audit is over. Well no, now he says he wont now that he has been elected. Whether you think he should or not, he lied to deceive voters.

3) Claimed Obama silenced a pro Trump heckler at a rally. This one is really unbelievable in brazenness, as the truth is on video that Obama actually quieted the pro Obama crowd booing the heckler and lectured the crowd about the hecklers right to his views. Big , big lie. Yuge. Even by Trump standards.

4) 93 million unemployed people in America looking for work and not finding it.Sorry, not even close. Maybe 1/10 , 1/5 of that, but not anywhere near 93 mil.

5) 3 to 5 million illegal votes cast for HC that made her come out on top in the irrelevant popular count. Not one shred of proof, but hey, who needs proof before making such claims?

6) HC ordered the release of thousands of criminal aliens. The truth is the SCOTUS ordered the release of the aliens if their home country wouldnt take them back within 6 months. Wasnt her decision to make. It was a court ordered thing.

Sadly, just the beginning.

Last edited by wallflash; 01-24-2017 at 07:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 09:50 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,522,459 times
Good luck listing them all.

If you look at a Dictionary and see how thick it is.. a book of Trump lies would be three times thicker.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:54 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
7) President Trump on Monday signed an executive order instituting a hiring freeze on all nonmilitary federal employees. At a press briefing, White House press secretary Sean Spicer said that the move “counters the dramatic expansion of the federal workforce in recent years.”

But... In raw-number terms, the number of federal employees is nearly the same today (2.8 million) as it was when Barack Obama took office (2.79 million). It is also similar to the number of federal employees at the end of the Clinton administration (2.75 million) and lower than at any time during the Reagan administration (when it peaked at 3.15 million).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ral-workforce/

Old 01-24-2017, 09:57 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,522,459 times
8) He is does not have a relationship with Pulin.

Its been proven he does.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:13 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,976,514 times
If you are going to do this, you should support what you call 'facts' with proof if you want Trump supporters to 'see the truth' (per your stipulation #2). I would also like to know that you, in your life, have never ever made any kind of mistake or said something that you regretted or could not deliver on despite honestly wanting to/trying to.

On the other hand, I don't even understand why you started this thread .. with that aim in mind. What is the point really? It just seems more than a bit petty and redundant.

Your list:

1) Not that I much care about the actual crowd size - I have never been one to do the 'mine is bigger than yours is' thing .. perhaps because I am female, but, prove it please. There is a LOT of controversy about this one. Just because YOU say something doesn't make it true. You say you are stating facts but what gives you the authority to say these are facts?

2) I think there is much we don't know. I don't tend to jump to conclusions about why this may have happened - and I am not sure it actually has. I did hear that he said he would not provide them - perhaps he now knows something that we don't or believes that whatever he does you will criticize so why bother when it is not an actual requirement for him to take office. Perhaps he was advised by legal counsel that releasing them would be very unwise for some reason. How about you release yours to all of us here so we can criticize yours first so you can see how it feels to be scrutinized for no really good reason at all.

3) No comment. Never heard this story. Somehow I think something is wacky here. Link please.

4) That number is correct - or very close to that number are OUT of work - many are not even trying any more however .. we are using different vantage points here.

5) Prove it cannot possibly be true that no illegals voted. They were encouraged to vote by Obama himself - and in CA the state did its utmost to try to make it possible. Did you read this article (which started another thread tonight): Trump Is Right

6) Not something I know anything about .. will research it but I am not really sure why it matters right now - nor whether it was said or whether it was said in error or on purpose. Please provide a link to where you heard/saw this.

I just don't understand why you are doing this. What will it change? What will it accomplish? Why do you want us to see what you say you see? Why are you so sure you must be right in everything you believe and we must be wrong? You are welcome to believe what you want to believe .. why not let us do the same?

Old 01-24-2017, 10:17 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
I want him to show his tax returns. I don't understand why he hasn't unless he has something to hide. Otherwise, it's no big deal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies