Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 09:51 PM

21,142 posts, read 19,722,567 times

Advertisements

The difference is that the Catholics weren't planning a takeover and the Muslims are planning a takeover. Mohammed told them to, unlike Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 09:59 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,882 times
This successful Chinese businessman (who recently met with President Trump) gives his perspective of a major direction the United States has went wrong.

It has to do with wars and priorities. And basically he is saying it is Americans faults and not the Chinese (or Russians) or anyone else. Same thing I have said for a long time.

He also states in essence what I was taught in a Developmental Economics course at university. Reinvesting money into the infrastructure and citizens (= workforce or potential workforce). I took that knowledge I learned in that economic course and for years have said the US Government could be using billions not on wars overseas but on rebuilding Detroit to be competitive. I don't even live in Detroit. I live in Milwaukee. But no Black-Americans cared about Detroit and no white Americans cared. But they sure cared about spending billions on Poland militarily and on destroying Libya and screwing up Syria. Now Black-Americans has white Americans in the Democrats want to spend multiple trillions if they can in starting conflict with Russia.

His comments--in his own words out his own mouth--can be heard at about the 3:40 minute mark to I think roughly the 7:00 minute mark about the direction on the USA.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lpgYym4L4Cw

Americans remind me of being analogous to my alcoholic grandfather that had a good middle-class paying factory job. His wife and children were forced to live in poverty, to go hungry, as if their father was unemployed, because when he got paid he gambled, drank, and gave his money away to women and fellow drinkers at the bar. He would give a stranger money out of his pocket before he would give one of his own kids money.

The way of my grandfather is the "proud to be American" way of Americans when you look at super rich, rich beyond imagine, the liberal city of LA and all those homeless Americans they have sleeping on Skid Row. Yet, the liberal of LA want to send money to Poland, Ukraine, and flood their city open to everyone throughout Latin America.

Then, as dead beat dads towards the homeless, they have the nerve and audacity to demand they be super patriots to the US.

I prefer the Mexicans to the Americans here in the USA. For the most part. So, I'm all for flooding the country with as many Mexicans as possible. But I look at the US, even if they did that, like a dead beat dad.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:00 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
That is a well thought out piece of journalism. Liberals won't be interested in that. They prefer to keep losing elections.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:02 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Xenophobia, racism, mysogyny
I believe you left a few of the Hillary name calling out. Awful list of ugly words.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:16 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,583,975 times
Yes, a Liberal thinks we should all love everybody, and hates anyone who doesn't.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:24 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Xenophobia, racism, mysogyny
i'll take '3 terms clueless leftists have misused and overused into utter meaninglessness,' alex.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:30 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Oh please. "Xenophobia" is a communist term that was invented to eliminate resistance to the importation of groups that dilute majority political power and cause internal strife. Trust me, there are no accusations of "xenophobia" being thrown around in Israel, where the majority is given permission to be in-power.

The only way that this term would have any legitimate meaning is if the aliens had zero political aspirations and zero culture (that leads to political aspirations). As it stands, such a situation is rarely found. People resent forced migration of aliens because they politically and geographically disenfranchise the established majority over time. Thus, it's one-hundred percent moral and rational to detest their forced incursion.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:30 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Steal a country, then kick other people out.

We have really advanced as a species.
It's 2017....

Talk to the Brits about that.

Can't steal what was never owned.

Would you prefer what exists in 2017 be given back to those who got there first?

What year/century/country would you like to start with, that would help you get over your angst with respect to how the world happened/ended up?

Do tell.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:43 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Steal a country, then kick other people out.

We have really advanced as a species.
Suppose things had worked out that there was another species that was far superior to us and dominated the world? How would we humans be regarded by them, considering what we are like? Would we get the same treatment that we gave to wolves?

Old 01-25-2017, 10:43 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Would you have started this stupid thread if Hillary won?

No.

Why, the country would be inhabited by exactly the same 300+ million? Get over it.
It doesn't take long for American xenophobia to rear its head. I've posted more than once about how my dad's southern town has b,ack and white peklle blaming Mexicans for lack of jobs. Probably the one time those groups agreed. It happens everyday but feels a bit more vocal in recent days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies