Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 06:51 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Promises are very different from boots on the ground, which is what they're asking. Also, Mississippi has also asked for FEMA boots on the ground.
I suggest you do 2 things:

Read what the OP wrote: "Letters sent, no response from Mr. America first".

Read the rest of the posts on this thread before you continue to go post by post trying to make this a story.

Right now, you're looking just as bad as the OP with the fake news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 06:52 PM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Letters sent, no response from Mr. America First.

"In Dougherty County, Georgia, where four people were killed, county commission Chairman Chris Cohilas said Monday that he has been "begging FEMA for boots on the ground," referring to the Federal Emergency Management Agency."

Officials Beg Trump to Send Help After Storms Kill 20 Across South - NBC News

Trump doesn't even care enough to name someone to head the agency.
It is, after all, just another useless federal bureaucracy.

Let each state deal with its own natural disasters, right?

Small government - yay!
Fake news and failed thread. Try something different tomorrow.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:18 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
This is what the democrats wanted to delay the appointments for. They didn't care about staffing the department heads hoping for their comrades in the press to undermine the president they don't like.
Who has Trump named to head FEMA?

Anyone?

Can't delay a non-existent nomination.
Just saying.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:40 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Thank goodness! Nice to know people can actually do things in time of disaster and don't feel as if the government is their only saving grace!

In my state we got surprising amount of snow. Those of us who can handle it with a shovel are laughing at those who think the national guard should be called in.
You shoveled the interstates and county and state roads too? Or did you forget that municipalities are also impacted by weather, not just individual property.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:54 AM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
You have no idea of what FEMA does. (I say this as someone born and raised in hurricane territory.)

Insurance does not cover:

1. Renters who have lose their apartments and all their belongings
2. Utilities
3. Unimaginable destruction of roads and land and property
4. Unpassable roads and highways
5. Damaged water
6. Chaos

This is very different from a hail storm that has damaged roofs in an area. Natural disasters destroy entire large areas. Oftentimes, people are not even allowed back into the area because of danger.
My mother lost a house and the lot to a hurricane.

Then she moved to California and lost another one to a mudslide. A developer cut the top off a mountain and built a subdivision. The 1st. good rain and the whole damn thing just slid down the hill through her house and those of her neighbors.

She picked herself up and started all over again. No help from any government. Except the city who only told her when she could go back to her mud filled house and get what was left. A Kirby cleaner and the kitchen table. Everything else was a total loss.

I begged her to move in with us. She said why so I can hide in the basement from tornadoes.

Counties and towns have always done disaster planning. We had no FEMA until Carter. The Bush bros. put it on steroids. Now some think we cannot servive without FEMA. Go figure. The damage during Katrina was not from the storm but from the levies breaking. Talk to the city, state and the Corps of Engineers about that.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:06 AM

45,411 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Who has Trump named to head FEMA?

Anyone?

Can't delay a non-existent nomination.
Just saying.
You're right of course. It isn't like the career Assistant Directors haven't been there for years through a multitude of events, the Department has to wait for the political appointment Director slot to be filled.

Never hear of chain of command? This is the same crap you guys tried with the DC National Guard and the Inauguration.

As a note, FEMA doesn't go anywhere without a Governor declaring a State of Emergency/Disaster Area and an official request to come in. And again, it's not a direct action organization, locals have to take the lead on that.

FEMA is the whipping boy for incompetence of State and local officials in disaster planning.

Old 01-29-2017, 03:24 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
FEMA is set to go, upon orders.

The orders were not sent. Now, orders have been sent. No boots on the ground yet, though.

But to be fair, Trump has been busy working on trying to prove he didn't lose the popular vote, and he had the largest in history for his inauguration. Hard to prove, since both are false.
Wow. The smarter axe grinders on this ridiculuous thread gave up long ago but you're still here making Trump seem rational by insane post after insane post.

Congratulations birther. You're what people point to and laugh.....except it's not funny.

Hey, I realize you honestly cannot help yourself but you're going all Fred Phelps here. You're not convincing anyone, but quite the opposite, deafening moderates to Trumps actions by making noise over nothing.

You might *feel* better but all you are doing is helping Trump.

Old 01-29-2017, 03:40 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times
Quote:
Why the need to deflect with a personal attack?

As I already stated, I am glad that aid has arrived but I still think it's a shame that someone felt that they had to "beg" for it.

If this issue is of no concern to you, why bother opening the thread?
Because the thread itself is bogus, based on incorrect information designed to malign Trump. I sincerely doubt the governor had to "beg". A typical sensational headline, that once the facts are known, is obviously "false news".

Old 01-29-2017, 03:50 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Well I'm disappointed. I thought Trump was going to roll up with his truck full of Play-Doh every time there was a natural disaster in our country. I guess that only happens in election years.

http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/...to-670x447.jpg
Seriously? How ignorant do you think people are not to know that Trump came with trailer loads of food, blankets, clothes, school supplies, diapers, water, and .....gasp.....toys for kids, including Play-Doh. After kids lost everything they had in the flood, I'll bet that Play-Doh created a welcome diversion.

Once again, the press only took pictures of him offloading Play-Doh and tried to make it seem he stupidly delivered something useless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies