Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 11:07 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,110,776 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFwWjdh2oFI

whoa this girl destroys the dumb Women's March. I am subscribed now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 03:21 AM

18,537 posts, read 18,782,257 times
Go girl... loved what your saying, like myself I found it very very embarrassing.. they didnt talk for me no way never...please listen to this girl, turn the volume down a little though hahaha... These mass hysteria days out wearing ugly hats are all muddled , christ almighty are their no ladies left at all these days.. some of these on film are horrors or women . What really annoys me are the ones who trail their kids along....Leave them alone..dont put your dumb poison on to them too.... Im cringing looking at that video....never ever include me..Judd should be sectioned right away.. shes barking..if you watch some faces behind Madonnas stage when she says about blowing up the White House, it makes you wonder how much damage this silly old tart can cause... Im missing parts of this video so now Im gonny watch it all again... thank god we have a young girl with guts who doesnt want to have anything to do with the Pussyhats and nor do I ... their in the main embarrassing loudmouth fishwives , most dont even really know why their at the marches.. most just following the crowds in fits of mass hysterics. When the Pussyhats hang up their disgusting headgear and sit down in a calm fashion, maybe they will have a watch at this girls video, and hopefully make them think twice about rushing to knit a vagina hat and jump into action to follow the other sheep....I just dread to think where they went to do the toilet during these marches... havent heard yet how they coped, or didnt they care .

Last edited by dizzybint; 01-26-2017 at 03:36 AM..

Old 01-26-2017, 04:01 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,511,593 times
Cute young girl, utterly clueless. The thing is she doesn't understand (and I suspect many millennials don't) is that she can take so many things for granted because of the women who came before her. I'm a woman of a "certain age", the last time I marched was in the mid-80s. I'm a youngster! There were women at the march I participated in Saturday who marched back in the 60s and 70s. I realize that to many of you that might have well been the Victorian age, but trust me it wasn't that long ago. As a woman born in the mid-60s here are some things that I DON'T (thank goodness) remember but women just 10 or so years older than I do...having to have a husband's permission to work, birth control completely illegal (overturned 1965 Griswold v Connecticut), property right restrictions, rape in marriage was legal, no fault divorce (only by 1985 had that become country wide), 1978 Pregnancy Discrimination Act, 1971 Phillips v. Martin Marietta Co refusing to hire women with pre-school children, 1974 housing discrimination on the basis of sex outlawed by congress, etc, etc...so on and so on. So while this adorable youngster claims these women don't represent her (and that's fine!) she is surely reaping the benefits from those who came before her. You can take that to the bank.

Old 01-26-2017, 04:03 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,682,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFwWjdh2oFI

whoa this girl destroys the dumb Women's March. I am subscribed now

I say the pussyhats Do Not represent MOST women. (by far)

Old 01-26-2017, 04:10 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,037,140 times
OK, I got to the 1 minute mark and had to shut it down. That woman's gawd-awful voice is enough to send anyone and everyone to the loony bin. I don't care what she's yelping about; it's impossible to listen to her.

Old 01-26-2017, 04:14 AM

18,537 posts, read 18,782,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
OK, I got to the 1 minute mark and had to shut it down. That woman's gawd-awful voice is enough to send anyone and everyone to the loony bin. I don't care what she's yelping about; it's impossible to listen to her.
I agree a piercing voice but yes I did listen to most of what she has to say and I agree, the women in my opinion on those marches were all out there for different reasons, most to be in with the crazy crowd.. and their protests if that what it was does not a thing for me... never.

Old 01-26-2017, 04:17 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,341,568 times
Of course the marchers don't represent all women, just like the cowardly ignorant xenophobic bigots who voted for the fraud Trump don't represent all Americans. Or voters. Not even a majority of them.

Old 01-26-2017, 04:37 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,037,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Cute young girl, utterly clueless. The thing is she doesn't understand (and I suspect many millennials don't) is that she can take so many things for granted because of the women who came before her. I'm a woman of a "certain age", the last time I marched was in the mid-80s. I'm a youngster! There were women at the march I participated in Saturday who marched back in the 60s and 70s. I realize that to many of you that might have well been the Victorian age, but trust me it wasn't that long ago. As a woman born in the mid-60s here are some things that I DON'T (thank goodness) remember but women just 10 or so years older than I do...having to have a husband's permission to work, birth control completely illegal (overturned 1965 Griswold v Connecticut), property right restrictions, rape in marriage was legal, no fault divorce (only by 1985 had that become country wide), 1978 Pregnancy Discrimination Act, 1971 Phillips v. Martin Marietta Co refusing to hire women with pre-school children, 1974 housing discrimination on the basis of sex outlawed by congress, etc, etc...so on and so on. So while this adorable youngster claims these women don't represent her (and that's fine!) she is surely reaping the benefits from those who came before her. You can take that to the bank.
Oh, please! I'm old enough to remember and it's not at all like you say. Expect, perhaps, for the women needing permission from their husbands to do something. I was single so I can't address that.

I was born in 1944. From the day I left college, I worked. From the day they were available, I took birth control pills (1964), and I didn't need anyone's permission. There were plenty of women with children working at Raytheon, both single and married. I don't remember a single one having to ask their husbands for anything, but I suppose I can't say what went on behind closed doors. I, a single woman, bought my first house with an FHA loan in 1972. Yes, it was a new thing for single women to own property, but my loan went through without a hitch.

The only thing you can take to the bank is the fact that you are considerably younger than I, and your memories are faded and probably handed down by someone who felt oppressed. I never felt oppressed. I thoroughly enjoyed life, owning my own property and car, totally in my own name, and wildly going wherever I wished and doing whatever I wanted. All that fun and glory, and I was living in the heart of Conservative Country.

I WAS there. I lived and worked pre-Women's Lib, as we called it back then. Even at its national inception and acceptance, I found it revolting. I WANTED men to open my doors. I WANTED my date to pay for dinners and movies. I WANTED to be a female. I laughed at the butch women who have no clue what it's like to be treated like a WOMAN by a MAN. Do such things even exist anymore? I'm still laughing at them with a sneer on my lips. They disgust me. No amount of marching on their part got me a single thing. I didn't pitch hissy fits because I have a vagina. I earned what I had.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:31 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,538,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
This

Old 01-26-2017, 06:33 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,538,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Go girl... loved what your saying, like myself I found it very very embarrassing.. they didnt talk for me no way never...please listen to this girl, turn the volume down a little though hahaha... These mass hysteria days out wearing ugly hats are all muddled , christ almighty are their no ladies left at all these days.. some of these on film are horrors or women . What really annoys me are the ones who trail their kids along....Leave them alone..dont put your dumb poison on to them too.... Im cringing looking at that video....never ever include me..Judd should be sectioned right away.. shes barking..if you watch some faces behind Madonnas stage when she says about blowing up the White House, it makes you wonder how much damage this silly old tart can cause... Im missing parts of this video so now Im gonny watch it all again... thank god we have a young girl with guts who doesnt want to have anything to do with the Pussyhats and nor do I ... their in the main embarrassing loudmouth fishwives , most dont even really know why their at the marches.. most just following the crowds in fits of mass hysterics. When the Pussyhats hang up their disgusting headgear and sit down in a calm fashion, maybe they will have a watch at this girls video, and hopefully make them think twice about rushing to knit a vagina hat and jump into action to follow the other sheep....I just dread to think where they went to do the toilet during these marches... havent heard yet how they coped, or didnt they care .
Those protestors should have just stayed home. The dinner doesnt cook itself. Its disgusting, they are starving their children and husbands
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies