Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 11:05 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
A recent NYT article from the womens march mentioned a situation where a conservative lady told protesters that they wouldn't be marching if they had jobs. So for liberals, there is this narrative that people don't have jobs. But there is a contradictive narrative that says liberals are coastal elite. I'm not sure how one is unemployed and an elite....but who knows.

Conservative narratives are out there too...rednecks or wealthy people.

In leau of these narratives, which are all about PR and branding, and less to do with reality. That's one reason to laugh at people who peddle these narratives...as they're victims of smart marketing.

Of these narratives, what is true? Are conservatives rednecks? Are liberals coastal elites?

Facts and figures encouraged. NO ALTERNATIVE FACTS

As for me, I'll say that I tend to think of liberals as coastal elites such as myself (albeit I'm a libertarian who feels more comfortable as a Dem because of Repub racism). I always laugh when conservatives mock liberals about not having jobs because it's not true. So I'm definitely a coastal elite, educated at good universities, employed, wearing $800 sweaters, etc.
I have yet to have had anyone on this forum explain to me the logic of some on the right who make statements, claiming "liberals don't work" and are "takers" and yet...during the entire campaign, all the alt-right did was ***** about how there are no jobs and we need to bring back jobs.

The liberals who have jobs (and jobs that pay pretty well) are the ones who are happy with how the economy and other things were going and satisfied with Obama. The liberal urban areas are doing fine economically and employment-wise, so how are they the ones who don't have jobs??

Not angry, not in need of being financially saved, not in need of being given jobs, not in need of having dying industries brought back to create jobs for the unskilled, or being magically made wealthier by a man who lies about his own wealth.

So how does this logic work? Also as far as ignorant people who called the marchers 'unemployed', the march was on a Saturday, but the rally today for the anti-choice people is on a Friday. No jobs? Bet they were available for the inauguration, too--also on a Friday. Don't any of them work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 11:27 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
If you are unable to see the racism at the core of the democrat party, and it is much in evidence, as they are trying to select a leader for the DNC, why would anyone believe your vision is better on any subject ?

Your words "Will always be that way" confirm a closed mind. Pointless to engage the close mind. Invites a crowbar.
I don't see it, you just want to see it. You are desperate to find a way to get away from the truth...

the racists who vote , voted trump and voted GOP....

Lets face it, they did not vote for Hillary, so they must have voted for your guy...

Old 01-27-2017, 02:10 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
I don't see it, you just want to see it. You are desperate to find a way to get away from the truth...

the racists who vote , voted trump and voted GOP....

Lets face it, they did not vote for Hillary, so they must have voted for your guy...
Black and Hispanic racists voted for Trump?

Sorry, I'm not buying that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies