Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you on Mexico's side or America's side??
Mexico 36 17.56%
America 169 82.44%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 12:29 PM

1,160 posts, read 713,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
I hate to say it, but Mexico is seeming more and more logical and sane as each day passes.
yes, yes... that's why millions flee illegally across the border. And that's why their police patrols their street with machine guns and a 50 caliber mounted in the back of a pickup truck...

sane and logical. . . to a liberal...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 12:29 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,337,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Since when did this suddenly become a thing? Trump has started all this America vs Mexico nonsense and that's why Mexico has been defensive lately...and rightfully so

it's not so much "pick a side" as it is "Trump is a moron."
Hear, hear! Well and truly spoken.

I am a human earthling, first and foremost. Arbitrary borders mean little to me. I DO love my country. America's history, its amazing, beautiful, diverse landscape, its mixture of cultures. I feel fortunate to have been born here and am well aware there are many far worse places where I could have been born and brought up.

At the same time, I realize that my being a US citizen is an accident of birth.

I have spent time in Canada, Mexico and a few European nations, all of which, like the USA, have their good and bad, their strengths and weaknesses, their beauty and ugliness.

I could happily live in many other countries.

Just because I refuse to reduce myself to the level of a bratty 5 year old and play the "My country is better than your country!" game of BS doesn't mean I hate America, it means I love the planet we're on and enjoy learning about other cultures and traveling.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:30 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
We talked kind of friggin idiot question is that?

Fights with neighbors never end well.

We should be figuring things out like adults, it's not a game of dodgeball.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:31 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,108,006 times
Trump seems to think the world is only about winners and losers. You build political relationships when both sides "think" they are winners.

Being critical of the US government (including the POTUS) is very "American"! Disagreeing with President's actions towards Mexico doesn't mean that you are on "Mexico's" side. The minute we stop watching government process without a critical eye and turning a blind eye, then we all loose.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:35 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,046,123 times
I understand why Mexico is pissed.

I voted for Trump and I supported the wall, back when the Clintons even supported it(something people seem to have forgotten lol). But I understand why they are mad. But they should also try to negotiate something because that wall might very well be put up, they should at least know the details and voice any concerns they have since the wall will be right on their border as well.

The President should come to the USA and talk to Trump instead of canceling. Come and voice his side of the argument.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:40 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,940,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
I am definitely on America's side.
I didn't vote since you didn't give "none of the above" as an optional answer. I'm on the side of the GD-ed Congress getting its act together and putting in place fair and equitable immigration laws. I am not fond of walls - to me the wall would just be a new Iron Curtain. I'd also like to know why so many people are terrified of folks who just want to work - even a crummy low paid job that no US citizen would consider even looking at twice. I'm in favor of punishing fat cat employers who knowingly hire illegals, thus encouraging even more people to sneak across our borders. I'm also on the side of people who like fresh fruit and veggies plus grains plus meat. Shoot all the people on the "other side" and you'll get your just reward with far higher prices for food and won't be able to afford milk on the table for your kids. I'm on the side of zero tolerance for bigotry and hate. I live in a rural part of this country and the Hispanic folks who work on the ranches and farms around here are some of the nicest people you ever could meet. I don't ask to see their papers because frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn. People can take their sides and shove 'em.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:42 PM

27,575 posts, read 28,680,428 times
Any U.S. citizen who is not on America's side can LEAVE the U.S.

How about that?

Old 01-27-2017, 12:45 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,168,172 times
Tequila? Mexico is probably the best.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:48 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,716,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
yes, yes... that's why millions flee illegally across the border. And that's why their police patrols their street with machine guns and a 50 caliber mounted in the back of a pickup truck...

sane and logical. . . to a liberal...
Unfortunately Mexico is in a tough position. Most of the country is very impoverished. Poverty easily leads to corruption. And actually, corruption often leads to poverty. Imagine what the US would look like if 90% of it was just like Detroit.

We should feel sorry for the people who are born in Mexico and have to live in poverty.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:49 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,615,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
I am definitely on America's side.
"You are either with us, or you are with the terrorists" -George W Bush

Only conservatives and the ignorant speak in absolutes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies