Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 07:48 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Here is the truth. It is OUR faults why we are so divided. We were divided BEFORE President Trump became president. We were divided when former President Obama was in office. We were divided during the Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr, and Reagan administrations. When were we NOT divided? Name one time in this nation's history when we weren't divided based on race and politics.

^^^^ Read this post twice, it is exactly the truth. As much as I dislike Donald Trump, he is only the result of our divides and our hatred for one another. At our roots, we humans really do not care for each other much.

Just yesterday, I had a company come out to do some work for me. The worker who came was a black gentleman, a little younger than me, probably in his late 50's or so. Very nice, intelligent man. While he was working, we had a chance to talk, and eventually I had to ask him "So, what do you think about our new President ?"

At first, he was a little reluctant to say much, not knowing how I felt, but after I said "I think the man is an idiot !", he started to open up a little. He was not out and out against Trump, nor was he 100% in love with Obama, but he did say he has the same concerns I have about Trump's new policies and the hatred and racism that got him elected shocked him. He thought we are better than that.

He and I agreed that, no matter how far we think we have come in America, we really have not. There is still a divide between the races and also in gender equality. We both agreed that a lot of people simply hated Obama for his race, and a lot hated Hillary because she is female.

At the end of the discussion, I think he and I were both a little sad that, instead of us getting better in this country, we are getting worse in so many ways. But at least, for that short time, an older white guy and a middle aged black man were able to put aside any differences and just relate as one man to another. Wish it was that way all the time, everywhere.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:10 AM

21,480 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Where have you been? That started before Trump even got in office lmao.

Before that it was Bush blamed, before that Clinton and so on and so forth.....

Comes with the job unfortunately.

IMO it's stupidly dangerous but we both know that the extreme partisans on both sides are so nuts they can't help themselves.

If you complain about fake stuff then it's hard to get people to pay attention when it's REAL stuff.

All you're going to do is put up a smoke screen for Trump with false fires and that's dangerous.
Exactly!!

I think a lot of these posters must be very young and their only real political memory is the Obama years. They don't remember the Bush and Clinton years like I do.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:11 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Do you remember when Obama was president and all the Cons would blame him for literally everything negative that ever happened? If they slip on a banana peel they blame Obama. If they get stung by a bee they blame Obama.

I want to keep the tradition going. Let's blame Trump for literally EVERY bad thing that ever happens until he is out of office.
He is going to tear this country apart. And I'm sick of being PC by not telling it like it is. The majority of his 25% of-the-country supporters are under-educated and naive, but do believe they are always right. Have you seen them being interviewed on tv?

There were a couple of them on yesterday saying he was going to fix things because of 'Art of the Deal,' and all. Seem unaware that the bozo didn't actually write it. Sounds elite? Too bad. I'm done apologizing to the pitchfork crowd for being educated. Angry because there are no jobs? Get trained for a field that is actually hiring, instead of blaming it on NAFTA.

He sounded like a moron next to Theresa May. It was embarrassing. I'm sick of his idiotic tweets and of listening to his big ignorant mouth bragging about inane things nobody cares about. He has no beliefs or principles. He is the most ignorant president we have ever had and the most easily manipulated. It is "unpresidented."

And, yes, his feet will be held to the fire bigly. The technology companies will be scrambling to find people to fill jobs--those unemployed miners are qualified, right?

Kim Jong Trump is going to make America an ugly despised country and actually will make it hate again.

"...the orders indiscriminately restricts citizens from the affected countries from traveling to the United States, and could block legal US residents traveling overseas from entering the country. The move has already brought legal challenges to the order..."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-28/google-recalls-some-staff-to-u-s-after-trump-immigration-order

https://techcrunch.com/2017/01/27/tr...es-resistance/

Old 01-28-2017, 08:14 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Do you have anything constructive or interesting to add? Or is the limit of your ability to discuss things?
Funny, now the left wants to be grown up and discuss.....The question is, why? The left done what they wanted when they wanted....for many years without discussion....

Old 01-28-2017, 08:58 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Do you remember when Obama was president and all the Cons would blame him for literally everything negative that ever happened? If they slip on a banana peel they blame Obama. If they get stung by a bee they blame Obama.

I want to keep the tradition going. Let's blame Trump for literally EVERY bad thing that ever happens until he is out of office.

Have fun with you kindergarten games so typical of butthurt liberals.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:33 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I voted for Obama and he's a huge disappointment. He's done nothing the last few years but playing golf and defending muslims and gays for no real good reasons. Muslims are being killed by the hundreds each day in the Middle East and he's not doing anything about that.

He's the reason the middle east has been destabilized.
How can any muslim like him at all? He's failed them.

Yeah, it was a regular HOTBED of stability prior to 2009.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:35 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You made that up about conservatives. Obama is a liar who had horrible policies. THAT is why he was blamed and rightfully so.
The only tradition you are keeping going is the loony lefts inability to discuss the truth.

Thank goodness we have an administration willing to continually spew 'alternative facts', that oughta bring a lotta 'truth' to light, right?

Old 01-28-2017, 09:39 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,262,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Trump is only worrying about Americans.

America this and America that, he's an idiot.

What kind of animal would want to torture people?

Statue of Liberty is crying with all this crap.

Maybe deport our veterans to make room for the illegals, ever think of that Trump?
You are not paying attention.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:43 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,086,000 times
Quote:

Free country, do as you like. No matter who is in, the country will be divided. Impossible to please them all. The reality is...you should thank your lucky stars Prez Donald is in your corner.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:47 AM

8,499 posts, read 4,563,867 times
The US had=s been divided for some time. No one person caused this to occur. Trump inherits that environment. He however is very likely to make it even more divided with his policies and words. He is the opposite of a uniter and did not run as such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies