Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2017, 07:44 PM

381 posts, read 177,385 times

Advertisements

I receive emails from the American Bar Association and one of the stories yesterday was that Chemerinsky and other law scholars have filed a lawsuit claiming "payments by foreign powers to President Donald Trump’s companies violate the Constitution’s emoluments clause".

Just another shining example of the loony people the legal field is filled with; won't even give our new President the chance to succeed. The left has an agenda and they will stop to no end to "defeat" Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 07:48 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Oh these people see it all right, but at the same time don't...It's called cognitive dissidence.....
Cognitive dissonance, not cognitive dissidence.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:48 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Really? Give it time.

He is already in violation of the Constitution, has NO mandate, is acting like a crazed dictator drunk with power and losing support by the day.

There is either going to be a real civil war in this country or Trump is going to be taken down (legally of course).

"...People who opposed his administration’s policies should take heart, because his conduct so far will make it harder to proceed as he seems to want..."

Trump is not a rational actor - Business Insider
They said the same thing about Bush and Obama. They'll say the same thing about the person after Trump. This is the world we live in these days. The media rules your little minds......lol

Old 01-28-2017, 08:06 PM

33,554 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Cognitive dissonance, not cognitive dissidence.
Thanks for the correction....I had a little brain fart...

Old 01-28-2017, 08:15 PM

30,175 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
You obviously didn't read your own link. You're wrong. Trump isn't exempt from the Emoluments Clause, and that is revealed in your link.
Read it again Trump does not have to do a thing. Having business interests is fine. The 1989 law makes sure of that. Foreign Emoluments would be essentially gifts from foreign governments, having conflicting business interests are not Emoulements.

Give it up and enjoy the 4 year ride. Prosper.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:18 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Doesn't hold water. George Washington and many other Presidents had business interests too. Is that all you got? If so, lots of luck.
Read the Emoluments Clause. The reason Republican ethics lawyers like Richard Painter cite Trump as being in violation of the Emoluments Clause isn't because Trump has 'business interests', it is because he has business interests in other countries. The Emoluments Clause is about foreign influence.

I didn't vote for Trump, but I don't think he should be impeached re this. The voting public knew that Trump had business interests in other countries at the time of the election......it wasn't a secret.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:19 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,638,670 times
They don't like the guy.

That's it. Literally that's the only reason. Thinking with their emotions. They're like children having a temper tandrum because they didn't get their way.

Very sad to see grownups act like this. I can't imagine much better from their kids.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:20 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
They don't like the guy.

That's it. Literally that's the only reason. Thinking with their emotions. They're like children having a temper tandrum because they didn't get their way.

Very sad to see grownups act like this. I can't imagine much better from their kids.

True.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:43 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,112,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
They don't like the guy.

Are you referring to trump?

Old 01-28-2017, 08:45 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
He has too many personality disorders....Delusions of grandeur, narcissism, immaturity, lack of empathy, etc....I think he belongs in a rubber room., but hey, you guys picked him, so it's not my problem.....
Not your problem, but yet here you are in thread after thread moaning and groaning about Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies