Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 09:11 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,327,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So, are you willing to pay extra for all you get from Mexico? Just remember most of your winter fruit comes from there.
I looked around the house and couldn't find a single Mexican product. How did we eat "winter fruit" 20 years ago? Fake dependencies are popping up all over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 09:19 AM
exm

3,736 posts, read 1,795,667 times
Quote:
So, are you willing to pay extra for all you get from Mexico? Just remember most of your winter fruit comes from there.
I'm okay with my Coronas and guacamole being a bit more expensive if it helps America.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:21 AM

12,047 posts, read 6,598,667 times
Quote:
There are plenty of South American and Central American countries competing with Mexican agriculture.
Some of the best produce and fruit in winter is coming from Chile.

Let Mexico learn some humility and decency in regards to sending their impoverished, unskilled, uneducated, and law breaking people to be supported by us. We are basically Mexico's welfare system.....and then they insult us.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:44 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,736,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Time to trade with Cuba, tell Mexico they can keep their stuff.

Nope, not until the oppression of their people stops, or we the USA, arm the people of Cuba.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I looked around the house and couldn't find a single Mexican product. How did we eat "winter fruit" 20 years ago? Fake dependencies are popping up all over.

If you have a Tile floor or a tile roof, chances are it came from Mexico, but Italy and Spain has far superior products at a higher price point.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:46 AM

9,186 posts, read 13,288,315 times
Quote:
Calm down.

When the two countries eventually negotiate, the USA and Mexico for that matter, will be able to pick and choose which products they will want to put tariffs on or not. This is what countries did to raise revenue for hundreds of years, including the United States.

Under the NAFTA regime, Mexico got free access to an economy 7-8 times larger than her own and with a population almost 3 times larger. And that is not even factoring in the huge cheaper labor advantage for Mexico. NAFTA the way it was set up was a huge disadvantage to the USA and the results show it - last year the trade deficit with Mexico was almost 60 billion dollars.

https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c2010.html

Old 01-28-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Calm down.

When the two countries eventually negotiate, the USA and Mexico for that matter, will be able to pick and choose which products they will want to put tariffs on or not. This is what countries did to raise revenue for hundreds of years, including the United States.

Under the NAFTA regime, Mexico got free access to an economy 7-8 times larger than her own and with a population almost 3 times larger. And that is not even factoring in the huge cheaper labor advantage for Mexico. NAFTA the way it was set up was a huge disadvantage to the USA and the results show it - last year the trade deficit with Mexico was almost 60 billion dollars.

https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c2010.html

Many of these idiots that have been educated in public schools, with the DoE rule, have absolutely no clue, that before the 16th Amendment, tariffs are how the government got revenue to run and they did not control the people directly. Only the states business.

The 16th Amendment is what placed every single citizen of the United States into Bondage of the Federal Government, and liberty & freedoms started to diminish immediately and continue to this day.
It is what allowed the federal government to bloat and control basically every aspect of our lives today.
They had to tax us, to pay for micro managing us, to the global governance and the New World Order.(the reason we rejected the League of Nations)

Old 01-28-2017, 10:24 AM

10,572 posts, read 4,098,399 times
Quote:
Not for me. All my produce comes either from my backyard, or the local farms about 20 miles from me, and that's OK, I live in Florida.

Last edited by warhorse78; 01-28-2017 at 10:34 AM..

Old 01-28-2017, 10:26 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,717,345 times
Quote:
Stuff I bought in the store today says it came from Florida.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:34 AM

52,802 posts, read 34,700,369 times
Quote:
nope, USA, chile and honduras in my kitchen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies