Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2018, 01:55 PM

5,730 posts, read 2,207,219 times

Advertisements

Trump was the election because Hillary was a terrible candidate. How can they not accept this and move on? Focus on your corrupt party that rigged the primaries for Hillary

Adults don't let Facebook dictate their vote, the faster social media fades away the better for humanity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2018, 01:57 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,380,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Trump was the election because Hillary was a terrible candidate. How can they not accept this and move on? Focus on your corrupt party that rigged the primaries for Hillary

Adults don't let Facebook dictate their vote, the faster social media fades away the better for humanity
I continue to ask people how Facebook was able to get them to switch their vote and so far I haven't received an answer.

Old 03-20-2018, 01:58 PM

51,697 posts, read 25,982,246 times
Move along. Nothing to see here. These are not the Russians you want.

Clinton was a fine candidate. Despite the constant attacks, bogus hearings, insults, and lies told by Trump and the Republicans, she got three million more votes than Trump.

Not too shabby.

Old 03-20-2018, 02:28 PM

267 posts, read 122,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It was a third party app and it would work with getting data from not just those who accepted but the friends. The reason why they are getting sued is because the files that Cambridge was supposed to destroy were not and the purpose was for "academics" even though it was used for election. Cambridge Analytics was a fraud.
Right

I wonder how this works or worked in the past. If I set up a 3rd party app and the users consented to the Facebook login or whatever is called then it meant I could make API request for their data(location, likes etc) but on top of that Facebook also granted me access to the data on their friend’s profile?

I wonder how Facebook worded their privacy agreements in 2014 when the data was obtained by the man who created mydigitallife.

Old 03-20-2018, 02:36 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,394,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You can opt out. I have opted out of all of those 'people finder' websites. If they don't comply and remove your personal information you can file formal complaints with appropriate agencies I google my name every few months to see if anything comes up, and it's from a site I opted out of I will make them regret it. If a search site uses a web crawler then your name will show up anywhere on the web where you used it, to avoid that with facebook change your settings to make your profile non-searchable

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-opt-ou...tes-1791536533
Thank you for the tips! I'll do that now.

Old 03-20-2018, 02:52 PM

14,488 posts, read 6,128,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

Clinton was a fine candidate. Despite the constant attacks, bogus hearings, insults, and lies told by Trump and the Republicans, she got three million more votes than Trump.

Not too shabby.
hope she runs again. Now that she should be better prepared to handle all these things

Old 03-20-2018, 02:54 PM

27,760 posts, read 16,266,009 times
It was all good and well when Obama’s camp did it
Facebook Helped Obama Campaign Harvest & Exploit Your Personal Data

Old 03-20-2018, 02:57 PM

46,391 posts, read 27,257,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

Not too shabby.

Nothing to see here, move along, the popular vote does not count.

Old 03-20-2018, 03:00 PM

267 posts, read 122,878 times
Just in: Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO Alexander Nix after undercover videos air.

Part 2 of the series was aired today and Nix claims he met Trump "many times" and that the company was responsible for a wide swath of the Trump campaign's activity.

“We did all the research, all the data, all the analytics, all the targeting," Nix said. "We ran all the digital campaign, the television campaign, and our data informed all the strategy."
Alex Tayler, labeled as the chief data officer for Cambridge Analytica, is recorded separately as saying the firm's analysis was responsible for Trump's Electoral College performance.

Don’t blame me, that’s what they said on tape. Whether is true or not that’s debatable.

Old 03-20-2018, 03:01 PM

42,812 posts, read 26,490,125 times
Here's the latest CA undercover video in which they claim credit for electing Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy-9iciNF1A
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies