Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 01:41 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,509,908 times

Advertisements

Most atrump voters, myself included, are increasingly optimistic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 01:52 AM

47 posts, read 37,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Trump lambastes McCain, Graham for criticizing his immigration ban - Business Insider

I had my reservations on Trump and didn't vote for either major party candidate but I hope this just the beginning.

I am so happy that he addresses issues immediately when it comes to calling out the liberals in his own party.

I really hope Trump and his cabinet doesn't moderate and give in to these liberals. I appreciate that we finally have a president working for America.

Glad, he calls them like he see's it on liberals with-in his own party. John McCain seems like a nice, cordial gentleman but he is quite a liberal Republican.

McCain's 'Liberal' Record Earns Him Censure From Arizona GOP : The Two-Way : NPR

John McCain has raised some concerns with-in the state GOP for his liberal agenda. Better then a Democrat of course, but he has a very long history of soft liberalism.
Seriously, you didn't vote for him? I saw you on TV at all his rally's!

The Donald will go down in flames, just like Nixon did. He's already pissing off people in his own party and it's only a matter of time before they start talking impeachment. He's already done some things that could start the ball rolling and he's only been in office for 10 days! The immigration ban probably has done the most damage, since he only banned people from 7 country's and left alone those country's where he has business holdings or interests and this alone could be reason for impeachment.

He thinks he can govern though executive orders I remember the conservatives getting all worked up saying Obama was doing the same thing. However, once the courts start striking down or putting limits on some of his executive orders,, he's going to learn that to get things done he will need to have Congress working with him and be willing to compromise, if he doesn't very little will get done.

We have been living with a do nothing Congress for over 20 years and I wouldn't count on the Donald to get the government working again, he's the President of the United States, not a dictator and the sooner he learns it, the better off we will be.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:58 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,509,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agilpro View Post
Seriously, you didn't vote for him? I saw you on TV at all his rally's!

The Donald will go down in flames, just like Nixon did. He's already pissing off people in his own party and it's only a matter of time before they start talking impeachment. He's already done some things that could start the ball rolling and he's only been in office for 10 days! The immigration ban probably has done the most damage, since he only banned people from 7 country's and left alone those country's where he has business holdings or interests and this alone could be reason for impeachment.

He thinks he can govern though executive orders I remember the conservatives getting all worked up saying Obama was doing the same thing. However, once the courts start striking down or putting limits on some of his executive orders,, he's going to learn that to get things done he will need to have Congress working with him and be willing to compromise, if he doesn't very little will get done.

We have been living with a do nothing Congress for over 20 years and I wouldn't count on the Donald to get the government working again, he's the President of the United States, not a dictator and the sooner he learns it, the better off we will be.
Yet another wishful thinking post (#3856) nothing to see here.

Old 01-30-2017, 09:10 AM

7,529 posts, read 10,287,472 times
Apparently more Americans think the Trump presidency is getting worse and worse with each passing day: Gallup Daily: Trump Job Approval | Gallup

Old 01-30-2017, 09:16 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,244,697 times
I couldn't be happier. It's like Christmas every day. I am stunned to see government working, it's a new feeling.

I can't wait for the AG to be approved. They are dragging their feet a little but that day will eventually get here and it will be beautiful to see justice, law and order again.

Old 01-30-2017, 10:49 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,870,191 times
Trump is doing exactly what he said he was going to do during the 18-month campaign which got him elected President! It is so refreshing, after 8+ years of political hacks saying whatever it takes to get them elected ... and then developing "promise amnesia" as soon as they get into office. Trump is an honorable man who keeps his promises. One doesn't have to wonder what he will do next. Read his campaign promises!

Old 01-30-2017, 12:30 PM

2,567 posts, read 5,327,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Who do you think elected Trump lol.
Mostly the Tea Party and allied conservative folks, especially in states that have an advantage in the Electoral College.

Quote:
Surely, you don't believe that the vocal but minority far right wing of the Republican party got him elected do you?
They primarily did. Moderate/lib Republicans were much more divided, and Moderate/conservative Dems even more so.

These charts explain a bit of this:
7 charts show who propelled Trump to victory - Business Insider

Old 01-30-2017, 02:21 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,232,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.

Marvin Simkin, "Individual Rights", Los Angeles Times, 12 January 1992. [10]

Just because the bigot mob (and even in this case, a minority of the voters) want to hurt their neighbor because they are different does not make it right. And it is also just as wrong to look past Trump's bigotry and that of his dangerous supporters and pretend, "oh, well, I'm sure he doesn't mean it, but he must mean it when he says he'll create jobs."
Well its a good thing we're not a pure Democracy, we're a Representative Republic....

Old 01-30-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empidonax View Post
Mostly the Tea Party and allied conservative folks, especially in states that have an advantage in the Electoral College.
It wasnt that long ago, the left ran around proclaiming the tea party had no power and was worthless.. Now they are powerful enough to elect Presidents..

i'm sure they are thankful for your promotion..

Old 01-30-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Apparently more Americans think the Trump presidency is getting worse and worse with each passing day: Gallup Daily: Trump Job Approval | Gallup
haha, funny given today he has an uptick in support per your own link..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies