Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 09:48 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,062,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It would really behoove the Left to understand that much of the support for Trump was/has been with a good deal of hesitation. Plus the fact his policies do have valid counterpoints.

At the very least this immigration uproar is over a policy issue (even though its roots are in Obama's WH). But overall since Election Day the majority of the criticism...overwhelming majority...has been typical SJW crybaby hissy fits. That's what got Trump elected in the first place.

Bottom line: this guy isn't overwhelmingly supported nor are his policies bulletproof. Acting somewhat like a sane person could and most likely would convert some folks to your side. Maybe even a good deal of folks.

Call this an intervention. Just some friendly advice.

I've been giving it for awhile now yet it has been ignored.
Trump reacts without thinking it out. Just like his 3 am twitter rants. This immigration uproar is because Trump signed an executive order and didn't tell anyone about it. So he caused unimaginable chaos. Many americans couldn't get back in. And these stories go on and on. And yet Trump could care less. If this is why you elected Trump then you got him. But please don't mind the rest of america protesting his policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 09:49 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
A small handful of Anarchists were violent on Inauguration Day. Probably no more than fifty people were involved.

That's it. There have been no other street riots, violence, looting, taking up arms, or any of the dire scenarios the OP outlined. His barely veiled threat - go peacefully, or you'll find out just how tough we Trumpites can be if we have to make you - is despicable.

I am as much in favor of civil discourse as is anyone else. I am also in favor of honesty, respect, democracy, and adhering to the Constitution of the United States of America.
They would have to get their fat behind off the couch first, that ain't gonna happen, they couldn't even make the time to go support their new emperor being crowned. It is all just big talk, as usual.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:50 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
The Presidency is not a dictatorship, dog8food, despite your doggish devotion to our new President.

Trump cannot dictate his will arbitrarily onto the nation, ever. The people, Congress, and our courts will all oppose that, and all you are seeing now is only the beginning of what is to come if he keeps up his attempts at dictatorship.

Don't expect violence as a natural course of opposition. What will happen is Trump's decrees will simply become ignored or continually overturned by the rest of our government until they come into compliance with our laws, or until Trump resigns or is impeached.

I don't expect the last to happen. He'll quit first. This is a good object lesson that trying to use a broad brush to paint over a thousand small, critical details simply won't work. Our problems are not simplistic, and no simple answers to them exist.

it was foolish to expect any one man to have all the power, the knowledge and the solutions to everything that is troubling us now. He talked big during the campaign, but his alligator mouth ran off with his butterfly behind.

The White House is where all consequences land in a huge avalanche to them all. We will see if Trump can dig his way out of the big one that he just set off. Once trapped, survival suddenly becomes inches of progress, not feet, and if he doesn't get some clear air soon, he never will.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:51 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump reacts without thinking it out. Just like his 3 am twitter rants. This immigration uproar is because Trump signed an executive order and didn't tell anyone about it. So he caused unimaginable chaos. Many americans couldn't get back in. And these stories go on and on. And yet Trump could care less. If this is why you elected Trump then you got him. But please don't mind the rest of america protesting his policies.
The lack of foresight in issuing this EO is a fantastic place to start in criticizing Trump.

Running around screaming "RACIST!" is not.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:53 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
There were no "Americans" who couldn't get back in.

Stop making stuff up.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:55 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
At some point there has to be a meeting of the minds to reach a reasonable, rational solution that meets somewhere in the middle or inevitably Donald Trump will emerge victorious. Some of you seem to think that by violent protests, riots, looting, anarchy, yelling,screaming, blocking highways, taking up arms in an attempt to overthrow our government, blocking malls and preventing people from shopping or impeding on law abiding citizens rights; you will accomplish something or win this 'battle'. You're both correct and incorrect. You will accomplish something, certainly, but it wont be what you expected. Donald Trump is the Commander-In-Chief and whether you like it or not more people that serve will stand with him than against him (all military must follow his orders). That also goes for the law enforcement community and hard working law abiding citizens. Furthermore, the silent majority are watching and planning. Don't think for a minute what I just posted is incorrect. Now do things the right way while you still have a chance. This is not a threat, it is a call to come together in a civil matter, as in the tradition of our democratic republic, the United States of America, for all of our benefit.
Spreading alternative facts, you are....I don't know how you can even breathe with all that brown stuff on your nose.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:56 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
At some point there has to be a meeting of the minds to reach a reasonable, rational solution that meets somewhere in the middle or inevitably Donald Trump will emerge victorious. Some of you seem to think that by violent protests, riots, looting, anarchy, yelling,screaming, blocking highways, taking up arms in an attempt to overthrow our government, blocking malls and preventing people from shopping or impeding on law abiding citizens rights; you will accomplish something or win this 'battle'. You're both correct and incorrect. You will accomplish something, certainly, but it wont be what you expected. Donald Trump is the Commander-In-Chief and whether you like it or not more people that serve will stand with him than against him (all military must follow his orders). That also goes for the law enforcement community and hard working law abiding citizens. Furthermore, the silent majority are watching and planning. Don't think for a minute what I just posted is incorrect. Now do things the right way while you still have a chance. This is not a threat, it is a call to come together in a civil matter, as in the tradition of our democratic republic, the United States of America, for all of our benefit.

There is a reason a conceal carry.....
I dare one of those misguided youths to get violent with me, or my family, thinking it is going to change my mind.

I love wearing my Hillary for Prison T-shirt in downtown Austin. The Bernie guys on 6th Street love me.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Spreading alternative facts, you are....I don't know how you can even breathe with all that brown stuff on your nose.

Yet, all you had was a derogatory put down, with nothing to refute what was stated.
LAME!
That is the reason, Daddy sits in the Presidents chair.

Old 01-29-2017, 10:00 PM

Quote:

I have not seen his twitter rants be wrong yet. Love it that the media cannot filter and spin , Daddy.

Old 01-29-2017, 10:01 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,505,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You see? You've resorted to childishness again. Isn't this what you claim Trump does, and why you can't stand him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies