Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 11:03 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,427,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
One of the Canadian mosque shooters was from Morocco, so it's probably not a great place to study abroad right now.
When I studied abroad in Mexico, my host mother was terrified of sending her high school daughter for a month-long study abroad trip in Ann Arbor, Michigan because of reports she had seen on the news about violence in the US. If you base your opinion on a whole group of people or country on a few of them, then you'd seem similarly ignorant. Try not to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 11:06 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
And be honest about the fact that the C actually stands for Communist!
They will stand up for you, too, when your rights are threatened. You don't deserve them to do it for you, but they will anyway. They stand up for the rights of all Americans, even the incredibly stupid ones.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:10 AM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Stuff like this is why I'm not a big fan of ACLU

Defending pedophiles etc

ACLU Represents Man-Boy Love Group - ABC News
It's ok if you're a liberal. They've got a lot of influence on your side.

I'm quite sure the aclu had burned through a bit of money supporting Hillary, fighting Trump up to the inauguration and since, and with these marches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
When I studied abroad in Mexico, my host mother was terrified of sending her high school daughter for a month-long study abroad trip in Ann Arbor, Michigan because of reports she had seen on the news about violence in the US. If you base your opinion on a whole group of people or country on a few of them, then you'd seem similarly ignorant. Try not to do that.
That's fine and dandy, but what's that got to do with the fact one of the shooter's is said to be from Morocco?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
This is the same money as the donation to Jill Stein.
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
ACLU. The same organization that sues towns for displaying a cross or a baby jesus??? hahaha they should be declared a national terrorist organization
Let them collect and spent their money on staged protests. Their side was outvoted and they will lose much more in two years. America is tired of this garbage, the race-baiting, shaming Christians for being Christians, trying to shut up White people due to their false revision history narrative. No, they are pretty desperate.

Now I gotta go stop by Walgreens to get Chuck Schumer a three-pack of Kleenex, the aloe vera kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
First time I ever donated but won't be the last; same for Planned Parenthood. We need to support them, as they try to support us.

Planned Parenthood is going down too! Haha that's just a sideshow for us. It should be called Planned Abortionhood.

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-30-2017 at 11:28 AM..

Old 01-30-2017, 11:13 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
It takes very little time to get a temporary injunction, which is what they did.
So basically they'd rather pay 24 million for a 1-day ban rather than a 90-day ban

They should consider using the money for a more productive cause

Old 01-30-2017, 11:16 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,525,447 times
First time I ever donated but won't be the last; same for Planned Parenthood. We need to support them, as they try to support us.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:24 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,984,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Keep wasting your money, leftists. First, you wasted hundreds of millions on Hillary, then millions on Jill Stein, and now tens of millions on the ACLU. Once Trump gets the Supreme Court back up to full size, your money to the ACLU will be for nothing as a conservative Court once again begins to issue commonsense opinions.
Hillary Clinton wasted 1.2 billion dollars on her campaign LOL........ A BILLION dollars!!

Old 01-30-2017, 11:27 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,984,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I see no issue with wanting a municipality not to show religious preference in their decorations. Separation of church and state.

Once the ACLU starts suing churches for displaying such, I will be glad to say that I disagree with them.

There is no WAR on Christianity and I am sick of people who claim they are Christians pretending there is.
I do. If a town wants to show it. Then they should. Who is it hurting? ACLU is a anti-Christian organization. They sue for stuff like that all the time.

The law suit said that the guy was being damaged from driving by it every day to work.... then pick a different route..... another cry baby

Old 01-30-2017, 11:30 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
It takes very little time to get a temporary injunction, which is what they did.
FYI, the injunction is against deporting or detaining people with existing visas/greencards, which Trump apparently had not intended to ban anyways.

So basically, the 90-day period of no visas to those countries is in full effect, and by the time this lawsuit gets heard it'll be way in the past.

Complete waste of $24 Mil

Old 01-30-2017, 12:01 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,708,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
One of the Canadian mosque shooters was from Morocco, so it's probably not a great place to study abroad right now.
It is a month into the semester. I doubt university will give refund for this class he signed up. He will see how things play but the fear is real. could be anyone

Old 01-30-2017, 12:55 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I do. If a town wants to show it. Then they should. Who is it hurting? ACLU is a anti-Christian organization. They sue for stuff like that all the time.

The law suit said that the guy was being damaged from driving by it every day to work.... then pick a different route..... another cry baby
I guess the churches can all start paying taxes like every other business in town. At that point, I'll agree that they can feel free to sell or loan their displays to any town they like.

Maybe that was the only route he could take or it was his regular route.

Why should he alter his route because a municipality chose to display something that violates the US Constitution?

We cannot cherry pick it. I will defend 2nd Amendment rights if you'll defend the separation of church and state. It really is that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies