Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 08:56 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
It would be the decent thing to do, but we'll get everything done with or without you. Simple.
It would have been the decent thing for conservatives to do as well.

And many liberals are using this as a way to stick it to you.

Again, I don't think it will stop. It is sad that this is now the political atmosphere of our country.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:58 AM

1,160 posts, read 713,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Republicans refused to work with Obama on 99.9% of things he wanted to do.
oh puh-leeze - obama received every thing he asked for except a lame duck SCOTUS nomination...

Old 02-02-2017, 08:59 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Obama wasn't a divider.

The bigotry that came to life after he become the first Black President is what divided people. Everything going on between the two sides today is not because of Trump or Obama. Its because of what American's are really about under the surface. American's have just been exposed, that's all. And it turns out, this country doesn't like itself very much.
This.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:00 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:

So why should Democrats work with Trump now? Why the double standard?

Also.. why was it ok for the to protest Obama, but not for Liberals to protest Trump?

Democrats are just using the Republican playbook now. Why are they upset about it? They started this crap first.
We're not upset.

Haven't you noticed? We're just going ahead without you. One confirmation after another; one executive order after another.
Life is good.
In 2018, it will get better.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:00 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,548 times
Quote:

I don't mind the Dems opposing Trump's agenda. That's what an opposition party does.

Quote:
Also.. why was it ok for the to protest Obama, but not for Liberals to protest Trump?

Democrats are just using the Republican playbook now. Why are they upset about it? They started this crap first.
You are either ignorant or disingenuous.

Republicans did not go rioting when the Democrats rammed ObamaCare down our throats.

What the heck are you talking about?

Old 02-02-2017, 09:01 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:

Because Democrats said they were inclusive, tolerant, loving, caring, nonsexist, non-obstructive and non-racist.

Unfortunately, they turned out to be the completely opposite.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:01 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Cooperation is best and the right can say we tried.

Be prepared for the fallout of the nuclear option.

Bwahahaha!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-03-2017 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 02-02-2017, 11:49 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
"Radio" Obama had no intention of working with Republicans.
Heck, if you read about his general attitude, he had no intention of working even with the democrats. Obama did what Obama wanted and everyone either went with it or he pulled out his pen and cell phone.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:55 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,216,463 times
Quote:
Not that they would not support Obama. Remember with the division in TheRepublica Party they could not even pass most of their own legislation. When all the nominations are approved and time come to get down to business things may really get interesting.

Old 02-02-2017, 12:30 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
1)Obama wasn't black, he's biracial, Raised by a white mom in a non-black neighborhood. The black community needs to stop bandwagoning on the accomplishments of mixed people.

2) What are we about under the surface? B/c myself a black man, and other black males I worked with had enough of Obama pushing a far left agenda that was determined to give us a gender-less society with open borders, and for the 1st time in my life pushed me to do what at one time was unthinkable and vote for a Republican president. 60 million votes is not all angry, racist KKK members

Barack Obama was way to cool with spending others people money and I'm glad congress put a stop to him.
I will be paying my 3rd and last Obama care fine. Good riddance

In case you didnt notice, many Democratic Congressional seats were lost in O'Bama's 8 years
I think this sums it up pretty well.

The Congress which obstructed Obama was elected by the American people to do just that after they watched him and his policies in action for two years.

And while he appears to identify primarily as black, I think his family tree is fairly unique. On the surface, it would seem to give him at least some understanding of white, black and biracial people. Instead, it frequently seemed to me it was just the opposite and left him out of touch with all three communities.

He had a unique opportunity imo to bring people together. I think he failed at that and imo it was because he did not have leadership skills or an ability to persuade others to compromise with him. He had the intelligence and a likeable personality to do so, but too often he came across as arrogant and lecturing. Plus, the subtle undertones that backed up his supporters constant insults that people who disagreed with his policies were racist did not do him any favors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies