Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2017, 08:36 AM

5,509 posts, read 7,102,385 times

Advertisements

Saw this on the news this morning.

Watch this coward blindside a female Donald Trump supporter with pepper spray. The female was standing peacefully until she was sprayed in the face. I hope they catch this bastard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-eAWRFdubo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 08:36 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,084,706 times
OP...mental illness and frustration seem to go together.

The dems are a sick, mentally ill bunch. Everything the dems stand for is wrong... from trying to convince society that a man with a penis is a woman to defending and promoting terrorist immigration, populating the US with illegal aliens, confiscating guns, killing babies, defying federal law, sedition and treason. The newest trend is for the dems to wear hijabs and burkas to support their next revolt.

We have to allow for the mentally deficient, but once they start violent attack then need to be brought down and contained or they will destroy society.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:38 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Yes - - let's take away funding from one of the best research facilities in the world - - that'll help the country.

Republican logic.
Then it should not engage in politics. It is likely that this income stream is being siphoned off. If Hitler made the trains run on time , it would not matter if he murdered only one.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:40 AM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I'm sure a lot of people have never heard of him, but now you have. I'm sure he is as happy about this as you are.

I used to live in the Oakland Hills in the mid 90s. Any day that there weren't protesters in Berkeley was not a normal day. They usually didn't start fires back then though.
I live in The Woodlands TX (suburban Houston), but I'm a Bay Area native and still most of my life has been lived in the Bay Area. I remember seeing tear gas dispersed during local TV news coverage in the late 1960s. By the early 1970s, BART was running to Berkeley and I could roam around the campus with my friends. I also loved taking walks on campus with my grandfather, something he normally did 5 days a week. My grandparents met there as students in 1916. I have memories connected to the campus from every decade of my life. The last time I was on campus was last year. There are a number of Berkeley alums in my family, as well as those of us who graduated from other UCs (UCLA, UC Davis, UCI, UCSD, and (post undergrad) UCSF).

Perhaps I'm only remembering what I want to remember, but last night was the first time since the 1960s that I remember seeing tear gas used to quell or 'manage' a protest. After the 60s...many vocal protests....yes...small fires...yes....some pushing and shoving...yes....but not tear gas.

I'm saddened by what happened last night, but I can't really say...at this point....that I am surprised.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:41 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Saw this on the news this morning.

Watch this coward blindside a female Donald Trump supporter with pepper spray. The female was standing peacefully until she was sprayed in the face. I hope they catch this bastard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-eAWRFdubo

Another violent, cowardly liberal.

I thought liberals were "pro women", yet they pepper spray defenseless women, beat them up, and support Muslim immigrants enslaving women and restricting their rights.

Liberalism= Fascism

The prof is a state employee and should be dismissed, as he just committed a felony.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:41 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
I wonder when parents, employers, alumni and taxpayers are going to notice that colleges and universities in this country have replaced education with leftist indoctrination.

Berkeley is just the tip of the iceberg.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:43 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree with this.

However, I wanted to note that anarchists are not liberals IMO just like fascists are not conservatives. They are 4 different types of ideologies.
No they are not.

At least I'm honest about the nature of political reality.

There is one sociopolitical gamut on one axis.

The only difference between the groups that you mention is their position on the gamut.

Once one crosses the midpoint of the gamut, or the 'political center', you are on the Left or the Right.

Anarchists are globalist communists, at their core. They represent the extreme pole of the Left as fascism does for the Right. If they don't acknowledge or realize that, then they don't understand their own politics.

Liberalism is merely that center Left position, but it is always destined to slide toward the extreme pole.

In all political systems, they system is destined to slide toward the extreme political poles because the most political power is gained away from the center. As one side drifts to accumulate ever more power, the other side drifts to counter.

This is why nationalism works. It assures that only one people with one set of political interests is included in one nation, or at least is assured to demographically dominate in it. Such as is the case with Israel. This system avoids the inevitable population conflict that comes in a true multicultural democracy wherein two inevitable sides, a majority and a group of minorities, move toward the extreme poles of the political gamut.

This is why, just as extreme Leftist politics assured the rise of fascists in the early part of the twentieth century, extreme Leftist politics assured the move away from the center position on the Right in recent times.

Because the Left feels entitled to extreme polar politics, it assured the destruction of the center that was always untenable to hold due to human nature, especially in an undisciplined multicultural society, that will generally succumb to political excess.

There's your 'uneducated' explanation of politics from an American conservative, Leftists.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:45 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I live in The Woodlands TX (suburban Houston), but I'm a Bay Area native and still most of my life has been lived in the Bay Area. I remember seeing tear gas dispersed during local TV news coverage in the late 1960s. By the early 1970s, BART was running to Berkeley and I could roam around the campus with my friends. I also loved taking walks on campus with my grandfather, something he normally did 5 days a week. My grandparents met there as students in 1916. I have memories connected to the campus from every decade of my life. The last time I was on campus was last year. There are a number of Berkeley alums in my family, as well as those of us who graduated from other UCs (UCLA, UC Davis, UCI, UCSD, and (post undergrad) UCSF).

Perhaps I'm only remembering what I want to remember, but last night was the first time since the 1960s that I remember seeing tear gas used to quell or 'manage' a protest. After the 60s...many vocal protests....yes...small fires...yes....some pushing and shoving...yes....but not tear gas.

I'm saddened by what happened last night, but I can't really say...at this point....that I am surprised.

That was because of the Vietnam war and heavy handed practices of the state even resulting in several deaths. . This time its a gay conservative speaker.

Student protest, University of California, Berkeley, National Guard | Picture This
This photograph was taken on May 22, 1969 in Berkeley, California of National Guardsmen forcing student protestors down a Berkeley street, and into an empty lot where they were eventually arrested. In addition to the National Guardsmen there were Berkeley city police on hand to assist in the arrests. The protest and arrests were in connection with the conflict that developed between UC Berkeley administration, merchants, students, and the then governor of California, Ronald Reagan regarding the creation of a park on land owned by UC Berkeley.

That was about The draft , B-52 bombing raids, crossing into Laos.

Today its about Milo and freedom of speech. That's the threat.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:47 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,797,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Another violent, cowardly liberal.

I thought liberals were "pro women", yet they pepper spray defenseless women, beat them up, and support Muslim immigrants enslaving women and restricting their rights.

Liberalism= Fascism

The prof is a state employee and should be dismissed, as he just committed a felony.
What a coward!!! To do something like that to a girl just standing there.

The lefties support this kind of stuff! Amazing!

Old 02-02-2017, 08:48 AM

2,497 posts, read 3,403,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Upon waking and checking the NYT and WaPo this morning, there seems to be an effective media blackout on the nature and severity of the riots. That anything happened at all is buried on each site. If these were Right wing protests and violence, it would be a running headline for days.

The media has lost all credibility and is never getting it back.
In complete agreement. Liberal spin machines--formerly known as journalists--apparently cannot process anything challenging their liberal echo chamber. They have lost all credibility by ignoring such things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies