Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2017, 12:09 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,503,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empidonax View Post
If it had been a liberal (such as a rapper) saying such things ("I can still bang her/him") about a conservative, the conservatives would be all over themselves, talking about how crude and violent the speaker is.
That's true. But they wouldn't support violence as a means of preventing that rapper from singing.

That's the difference.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:10 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Milo's maternal grandmother was Jewish, so if you believe that Jewishness is passed down through the maternal line, then he would be considered Jewish. Is he a practicing Jew, no, he says he is Catholic, but uses the "Jewish Card" when he feels like it is advantageous to do so.

Then all white people are Jews.......

It is what you as an individual believe, not who you were born to.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Prove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Universities always slap a "security fee" where Milo speaks in hopes that students requesting him to speak can't come up with the money. They charged the students $6000 at Berkeley. A anonymous donor paid the fee at Berkeley.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e780c9e64872

https://www.thefire.org/milo-yiannop...ee-censorship/
Well ... there ya go.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:12 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,592,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Bull. Another myth of the left. True a portion of the left is academic elite but not the rank n file. Most of the successful people I know are conservative. I've been through academia. Every source is somewhat biased it's very easy to see. If you choose to look.
My dad was one of the best software engineers in western NY, even ran his own business for 15 years, and never voted Republican in his life. I remember him telling me the disappointment he felt when voting for McGovern in his first election when Nixon creamed him

Old 02-03-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

What the hell? That's utterly retarded.

My husband is an ethnically Jewish agnostic.

He's that way because he was born that way - not because he wanted to believe it.

LOL. You crazy.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:16 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
Exclamation CNN Don Lemon and Clinton Cabinet's Robert Reich On Berkeley Riots MUST WATCH!

So, Robert Reich was interviewed by CNN's esteemed diligent news hound Don Lemon. When asked about the rioters at Berkeley good old Rob stated "These people were NOT students, they were outsiders,agitators. I've never seen them before".
Now that statement alone has to make one realize you've been listening to someone who thinks you're as dumb as he is. Why you ask? Well, how the hell could he have seen them THAT NIGHT to KNOW if there were not students or that he hadn't seen the on campus before as they were wearing masks. NOBODY "saw" them that night.

Then we go one to where he decides he want's to start a fake news story about how it was Republicans, obviously connected to Breitbart that provided the masked and violent thugs that he'd NEVER seen before. One point of his "evidence"? They looked "almost paramilitary".
Can't make this crap up it's too insane for even a nutter to come up with...

Quote:
Here's the transcript:
LEMON: “I’ve been wanting to have this conversation because this has been a big issue about free speech on campus and conservative voices being heard. Mr. Reich, my first question to you is, there’s a violence that we saw at Berkeley. We had it live here on CNN last night. It ultimately plays right into the hands of the right-wing white supremacist, someone like Milo Yiannopoulos.”
REICH: “It absolutely does, Don. And I want to be very, very clear. I was there for part of last night and I know what I saw. Those people were not Berkeley students. Those people were outsiders, agitators. I’ve never seen them before. There’s rumors that they actually were right-wingers. They were a part of a group that were organized and ready to create the kind of tumult and danger you saw that forced the police to cancel the event. So Donald Trump, when he says Berkeley doesn’t respect free speech rights, that’s a complete distortion of the truth. I mean, Berkeley opened its biggest auditorium to this right-wing Breitbart News character, this hateful odious person. They said, ‘Free speech is the most important thing we stand for,’ and it was these outsiders who caused the police to finally come in and have to cancel it.”
LEMON: “You think it’s a strategy by Yiannopoulos or right-wingers? They put this on in an effort to show there’s no free speech on a college campus like UC Berkeley?”
REICH: “I wouldn’t bet against it, Don. Again, I saw these people. They all looked almost paramilitary. They were not from the campus. And I’ve heard — again, I don’t want to say factually, but I’ve heard there was some relationship here between these people and the right wing and the right-wing movement that is affiliated with Breitbart News.”
LEMON: “It is interesting because there have been protests but nothing this violent. We haven’t seen anything to this level.”
https://news.grabien.com/story-cnns-...erminded-berke

Old 02-03-2017, 12:20 PM

189 posts, read 110,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Hitler didn't ask anyone what they believed. He sent people who had formally converted to other religions to the gas chamber. My mother once told me that I needed to learn what being Jewish was about so I know why people might hate me. I do know people who have converted to Judaism and are Jews because of what they believe. I know other people who were born to Jewish mothers but are atheists and also are Jews.

Ultimately, people aren't always able to choose their Jewishness. It's kind of like being an American. Even if you are a racist slime who works against everything this country stands for, you unfortunately still get to be an American by virtue of your birth.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:21 PM

17,340 posts, read 11,268,717 times
Unlike UC Berkeley, Cal Poly's President is a staunch supporter of free speech although he personally disagrees with the content of the speech. Cal Poly had a swat team on standby when Milo spoke there against abortion "no more dead babies". As it turned out, maybe because Cal Poly made it known violence would not be tolerated, there were no riots nor any violence there when Milo gave his speech.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...6FORM%3dCHROMN

SWAT Team On Standby For MILO Event at Cal Poly - Breitbart

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Mmm hmm. That's what I thought.

Thanks.
Nope... I could produce many of them. I will not. You know what that man says. You just don't have any problem with it.

88,983 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Relax, kid. Cool down.

Take a deep breath.

Buncha students on a campus protesting because they don't want their student fees used to bring in some clod they don't want to hear from isn't "the left's war on free speech."

Get a grip.

Please.
Student fees didn't pay for it. A student group did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies