Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2017, 01:12 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Relax, kid. Cool down.

Take a deep breath.

Buncha students on a campus protesting because they don't want their student fees used to bring in some clod they don't want to hear from isn't "the left's war on free speech."

Get a grip.

Please.

Carry on.

Okay, let's see... smashing ATM machines....hitting a girl in the head who was just standing there...rioter sprayed someone in the face with some spray, (maybe mace) ..hitting another student in the head with a sign....throwing a trash can at someone, man hitting someone in the head,....setting a large fire...shouting, "you f--- with us, we f---with you." street light torn down, (they cheer).. breaking store windows....

These were not acts of protest, but acts of cowardice, hatred, and bigotry.

I would love to see Trump give each one of these losers who committed violent acts, a minimum of 5 years in prison for destroying property, and pay BACK all they destroyed. Punishment for rioters who hurt innocent people and destroy businesses.

And ALL of this is okay with you? I think this says A LOT about you.

https://medium.com/@trentlapinski/th...ff0#.2o9vbgdre

Old 02-03-2017, 01:12 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,402,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
see this?

This is the PROG LEFT doing what they do.

Its ok to riot and hurt people because some guy they don't like says things they don't like.

Thank you for proving the point.
If you read from beginning of this thread you
would see that I think it was wrong to
behave like the rioters did.
I actually think he should have been allowed to speak
while protester should have been allowed to protest without
hoodlums rioting.

The rest of my post
was in response to another poster that claimed
that to be scary one had to be mean looking, tatted up and
huuuge and therefore Milo did not fit her
stereotypical mind.
Twist it any way you want, Milo is getting the
fame he so wants.

Old 02-03-2017, 01:13 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Okay, let's see... smashing ATM machines....hitting a girl in the head who was just standing there...rioter sprayed someone in the face with some spray, (maybe mace) ..hitting another student in the head with a sign....throwing a trash can at someone, man hitting someone in the head,....setting a large fire...shouting, "you f--- with us, we f---with you." street light torn down, (they cheer).. breaking store windows....

I would love to see Trump give each one of these losers who committed violent acts, a minimum of 5 years in prison for destroying property, and pay BACK all they destroyed. Punishment for rioters who hurt innocent people and destroy businesses.

you forgot where they set a building on fire.

don't forget the fire.

Old 02-03-2017, 01:15 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Please tell us what Milo has ever said that 'isn't' free speech. What, specifically, has he said that should not be allowed to be spoken.

Waiting...
You seem confused.

He's totally allowed to say what he wants. He's even gotten books published and sold to the public.

So, was there a point buried somewhere in your post?

Old 02-03-2017, 01:15 PM

17,346 posts, read 11,289,865 times
Quote:

Also, the false premise that this was about student fees. Student fees are never used for guest speakers asked to speak by political groups on campus. It doesn't happen.

Old 02-03-2017, 01:20 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,100,064 times
I've never heard of this Yawnopoulos guy. Now I'll have to buy his book and see what all of this is about. That's what happens when the PC censors try to shut somebody down that they don't like. Free advertising.

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:

And ALL of this is okay with you?
I challenge you to find any post where I made such a comment.

Quote:
I think this says A LOT about you.

I think you're not so good at straw men.

But the irrational anger seems real enough.

Carry on.

5,461 posts, read 3,236,703 times
Quote:
You seem confused.

He's totally allowed to say what he wants. He's even gotten books published and sold to the public.

So, was there a point buried somewhere in your post?

Can't substantiate your assertion, eh?

About what I expected.

Old 02-03-2017, 01:22 PM

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
No it isn't. Read the title of this thread. Start there and then expand your grasp of what free speech is and isn't.
I know what free speech is. It means you don't get bullied into suppression of free speech at institutions which receive public funding in any way, shape, or form.

Old 02-03-2017, 01:24 PM

3,429 posts, read 2,734,630 times
The people who are rioting in this case are not rioting because they are "left-wing". Rather: people on both ends of the political spectrum turn violent because they are, plain and simply, stupid. (Or, more accurately, they are politically inept, self-defeating, emotionally retarded people who fall easily into a mob mentality whenever the opportunity arises.)

The smarter thing to do would be to peacefully and carefully listen to the guy, then write articles, organize peaceful protest rallies, and give speeches that counteract his point of view. Unfortunately a great many people on both the left and the right fail miserably at choosing the smart things to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies