Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2017, 04:26 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times

Advertisements

No, I didn't say the transcript was wrong, only that there was a discussion about this matter that went further than what you're quoting. Reich also never said they were right-wingers, only that there have been rumors. My only mistake was that I turned on the TV late and didn't realize he was the first to answer, but there was a discussion with others who had different viewpoints.

Also, the interpretation of what Don Lemon meant by "playing right into the hands of.." is entirely different from the way I took it. In other words, the violence only further proves what Yiannopoulost has been preaching to his followers.

I stand my ground that you cannot possibly know that the violent thugs who caused all the damage and disrupted the peaceful protest were students, liberals or members of any other group, since their faces were covered, although they look like the group often referred to as the "Black Bloc." When there was violence at Trump rallies, many people on this forum said they were paid Democrats, which was never confirmed by anyone. I guess someone is not allowed to have an opinion unless it fits your agenda.

I wrote a longer comment, but I decided to edit it, since nothing I write will matter here.

Last edited by justNancy; 02-03-2017 at 05:01 PM..

Old 02-03-2017, 04:27 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,607,603 times
Wow, that is quite a jump in sales. I'm sure he welcomes the publicity.

I got a laugh out of the title, "backfries", as well.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:28 PM

12,043 posts, read 6,576,479 times
Okay, this one still works.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RWo5F9vPNI0

Old 02-03-2017, 04:28 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,739,500 times
Every single time that the SJW Hitler Youth attack or disrupt one of Milo's events, he succeeds in his true goal: Making liberals look like a pack of lawless maniacs with absolutely no respect for the rights of others. How do they keep missing this obvious fact???

Old 02-03-2017, 04:36 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,902,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robto That's exactly what Milo wanted in the end. The guy wants desperately to be a victim.

The Left was more than happy to oblige.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:37 PM

27,156 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Protesters missing the point on Yiannopoulos

An op-ed CNN liberal who has a clue on free speech (Wow)

But the protesters, whose actions led to the cancellation of his talk at Berkeley and elsewhere, have done a disservice to the First Amendment.
As numerous college presidents have noted while defending their decisions to allow him to speak in the face of protests, freedom of speech applies to those whose rhetoric many find distasteful. Indeed, hate speech, except under very narrow exceptions -- such as direct encouragement to others to immediately commit violence -- is protected speech in the United States.

Read More

The First Amendment is truly tested not when mainstream speech is routinely expressed, but when those at the margin seek to express their views. These days, we are often failing that test.

The fact that the violence at Berkeley caused windows to be broken at the Martin Luther King Jr. Student Union is a vivid and sad symbol of how much respect for the First Amendment has declined in the United States. Part of King's genius was the realization that the five freedoms of the First Amendment provided the civil rights movement with the avenue to attempt to achieve full equality in our country.
That a building named for the great orator has been vandalized to prevent speech should be an indication that we have a serious problem on some college campuses -- and across the country.
In a hyper politicized country, it may not matter to a protester, convinced of the absolute evil of Yiannopoulos, that violating the very precepts that allow their campuses to function -- and to be the envy of the world -- is wrong. What should matter to them is that they are acting exactly according to Yiannopoulos's playbook. Although he decries the culture of victimhood, being a victim is likely exactly what Yiannopoulos wants.
Yiannopoulos, who happens to have a book about to be published, is on top of the news coverage, trending on Google and orders of advanced copies of his book are making it one of the top sellers on Amazon.
Why not let Yiannopoulos talk? The attempts to silence him actually gave him and his allies a megaphone that otherwise would not have existed. For every scowl cast on Yiannopoulos's promotion of the "Privilege Grant," which offers stipends to help pay for the education of white males attending college, he no doubt responds with a gleeful smirk.
It would be better to let Yiannopoulos speak, calmly explain why he should not be listened to, and watch as his fame dims. The power to starve him and those like him of the oxygen of outrage is far more powerful, and keeping with our foundational rights, than the stones thrown at Berkeley.

Protesters missing the point on Yiannopoulos (Opinion) - CNN.com

Protesters?

Oh, the rioters.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:41 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,739,500 times
Where does CNN and everyone else get the idiot idea that Milo is a white supremacist?? Or a racist?? Or a misogynist?? Some are even ignorant enough to call him a homophobe (he's gay) or anti-Semitic (he's Jewish).

Milo is a very blunt critic of third wave feminism, black racism and race baiting. He's not a fan of old school Islam either. He's rude and shocking in some of his rhetoric. But making fun of the opposing political viewpoint isn't hate speech, racism, bigotry, etc. And most liberals who attempt to challenge his viewpoints just end up embarrassing themselves because they know so little about the issues and he has some actual facts to back up his point of view.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:44 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,902,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
More like 3000% percent.

Dang! If you can't trust a reputable source like ZERO HEDGE, who CAN you trust?
LOL, surely the concept of a time lapse isn't so difficult and complex that you are unable to understand how it works? Look at the top left of your photo.... See where it says

"Our biggest gainers in sales rank over the past 24 hours. updated hourly """

Try harder.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:44 PM

21,151 posts, read 19,736,448 times
People!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop watching CNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-03-2017, 04:45 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,784,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Quite honestly I had never heard of him until the various protests on college campuses to stop him from speaking began. Then I listened to some of what they are trying to stop people from hearing, and he made a lot of sense. Their protests and riots trying to stifle his voice really is getting him heard more than he would have otherwise.
Exactly.

One week ago I had never heard of him. Now he's known for:

- Being incredibly funny and articulate.
- Being VERY good looking. (looks like a cross between a male model and the lead from a The Great Gatsby sequel.)
- A great smile. (especially when he's got his opponents by the short & curlies)
- A freaking Libertarian. (be still my heart)
- & he's Anti - Liberal Hypocrisy. (or anti-liberal AND anti-hypocrisy).
- & he's GAY. Hah !!! The Irony !! (I'm straight, but this is a guy who could make me consider switching teams. )
- & his boyfriend is Black !! (this just keeps getting better and better !!)
- & his name is Milo Yiannopoulos....what a delicious ethnic Euro name.
- But WAIT.....he's got an upper crust, British Accent that we could listen to for hours. (Heck, Hugh Grant was boinking street walkers for goodness sake and virtually everyone gave him a pass because of that fabulous accent & his boyish good looks).

Hello???....Central Casting?? Yes....Could you send me someone who will Torture the Ctrl-Left on about 9 different levels for the next few years??

You have someone?? Wait....are you saying that every single 20 something (& 30 something) girl in the US will want to be his best friend (or will want to try to get him to switch sides).... and that 12.5% of the 20 something (& 30 something) boys/men will want to boink him & the other 87.5% just want to be as cool as him??

Thanks, please send him over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies