Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 06:53 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times

Advertisements

“Much nonsense is being spoken in the press about her alleged killer,” Ayliffe wrote. He “is not an Islamic fundamentalist, he has never set foot in a mosque.”
Likewise, police ruled out terrorism, and the Ayad murder case was transferred to a mental-health court.
The sensational stories eventually faded. The parents of Mia Ayliffe-Chung and Tom Jackson mourned and tried to move on.
Months went by.

Then, on Tuesday, both families saw their children's murders on a White House list of terrorist attacks that hadn't gotten enough attention, and Ayliffe said she felt she needed to set down words again.
“My daughter's death will not be used to further this insane persecution of innocent people,” she wrote in an open letter to President Trump.

Her words were joined by the parents of the attack's second victim, Jackson, who expressed their disbelief in an email to the White House and elsewhere.

“I’m pretty sure he and his advisors know full well — or could very easily verify — that Tom and Mia died not as the result of an act of terror but rather through the actions of a disturbed individual,” Les Jackson wrote on Facebook.
“Of course, that doesn’t suit his agenda.”
‘My daughter’s death will not be used’: Parents furious over Trump’s false terrorism claims

The serial liar Trump, should be held accountable for such lies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2017, 07:10 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
So very sorry for the loss of their children. As a parent, I can not imagine the pain they go through.

As for Trump embellishing stories , just to make his position and him look credible, sure, he does it all the time. He is even forcing his aides to stand up and tell whoppers that can be verified as being untrue. I can understand a few misquotes or stretching the truth, but he and his team do it multiple times a day.

But, when the press or tv news people fact check him, they are simply "bashing the President" and have an agenda. Yeah, the agenda is to call him out for lying !

Old 02-08-2017, 07:18 AM

4,739 posts, read 10,443,387 times
The attacker was yelling "allahu akbar"; authorities can't figure out his motive.

Old 02-08-2017, 07:21 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
The attacker was yelling "allahu akbar"; authorities can't figure out his motive.
So the parents of a dead girl shouldn't be speaking out? They have more skin in the game than anyone.

Old 02-08-2017, 07:26 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
So the parents of a dead girl shouldn't be speaking out? They have more skin in the game than anyone.
I have learned that anti-Trumpers can't deal with reality very well... they probably don't think radical Islam is a real phenomena but a mental illness that needs treatment in an atheist treatment center...

Old 02-08-2017, 07:28 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
“Much nonsense is being spoken in the press about her alleged killer,” Ayliffe wrote. He “is not an Islamic fundamentalist, he has never set foot in a mosque.”
Likewise, police ruled out terrorism, and the Ayad murder case was transferred to a mental-health court.
The sensational stories eventually faded. The parents of Mia Ayliffe-Chung and Tom Jackson mourned and tried to move on.
Months went by.

Then, on Tuesday, both families saw their children's murders on a White House list of terrorist attacks that hadn't gotten enough attention, and Ayliffe said she felt she needed to set down words again.
“My daughter's death will not be used to further this insane persecution of innocent people,” she wrote in an open letter to President Trump.

Her words were joined by the parents of the attack's second victim, Jackson, who expressed their disbelief in an email to the White House and elsewhere.

“I’m pretty sure he and his advisors know full well — or could very easily verify — that Tom and Mia died not as the result of an act of terror but rather through the actions of a disturbed individual,” Les Jackson wrote on Facebook.
‘My daughter’s death will not be used’: Parents furious over Trump’s false terrorism claims

A terrorist IS a "disturbed individual". They are not mutually exclusive.

Old 02-08-2017, 07:31 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
Sometimes, you need to read the entire context to understand the meaning.

"...but he had also rambled incoherently, stabbed a dog and "was apparently infatuated with" her daughter.

"Much nonsense is being spoken in the press about her alleged killer," Ayliffe wrote. He "is not an Islamic fundamentalist, he has never set foot in a mosque."

Likewise, police ruled out terrorism, and the Ayad murder case was trans ferred to a mental*health court..."

Old 02-08-2017, 07:32 AM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
I don't believe someone has to gather in a brick and mortar building to be religious do they?

Old 02-08-2017, 07:34 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn

Yes he should but he wont be

Old 02-08-2017, 07:38 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Months went by.

Were you here complaining when President Obama took a steamy sh-t on the Fort Hood Massacre victims by calling the attack "work place violence"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies