Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 03:38 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times

Advertisements

"I would not wish to issue an invitation to President Trump to speak in the Royal Gallery,” Speaker John Bercow said. While British lawmakers value their country’s relationship with the United States, he said, “I feel very strongly that our opposition to racism and to sexism and our support for equality before the law and an independent judiciary are hugely important considerations in the House of Commons.”

Donald Trump Is Not Welcome To Address Parliament, U.K. Speaker Declares | The Huffington Post

His remarks were met with applause from other members of Parliament.

It says a lot when our closest ally wants our president to stay away. I don't think that's ever happened before. And to rub salt in the wound, President Obama did address the full Parliament, at their invitation. As did President Clinton. Ouch.

Old 02-06-2017, 04:18 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
"I would not wish to issue an invitation to President Trump to speak in the Royal Gallery,” Speaker John Bercow said. While British lawmakers value their country’s relationship with the United States, he said, “I feel very strongly that our opposition to racism and to sexism and our support for equality before the law and an independent judiciary are hugely important considerations in the House of Commons.”

Donald Trump Is Not Welcome To Address Parliament, U.K. Speaker Declares | The Huffington Post

His remarks were met with applause from other members of Parliament.

It says a lot when our closest ally wants our president to stay away. I don't think that's ever happened before. And to rub salt in the wound, President Obama did address the full Parliament, at their invitation. As did President Clinton. Ouch.
Are you going to start a thread on here explaining how you were yet again wrong when Trump speaks to the UK Parliament?

Old 02-06-2017, 04:25 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Are you going to start a thread on here explaining how you were yet again wrong when Trump speaks to the UK Parliament?
That doesn't mean he's welcome by the majority of the people in the U.K., does it? I mean, he didn't win by the majority of the people in this country, so why would it be any different overseas?

Old 02-06-2017, 04:34 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
That doesn't mean he's welcome by the majority of the people in the U.K., does it? I mean, he didn't win by the majority of the people in this country, so why would it be any different overseas?

Still crying I see. Get over it. You backed a loser and lost the election. DT is the POTUS and all your butt-hurt whining isn't going to change that fact.

Old 02-06-2017, 04:36 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,223,098 times
Gee, I wonder if he was for or against Brexit

Old 02-06-2017, 04:36 PM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Nah. They never admit to being wrong.

Trump will speak to Parliament. He will remind them of how foolish they were to join the EU in the first place and how their country - now flooded with Muslim extremists - has to actually monitor the vermin.
More than 3,000 Islamist extremists in UK being monitored by MI5 | UK | News | Express.co.uk
3,000 of them.

Or he might remind them of the $29 billion a year they spend on welfare, or perhaps the 12,000 Muslims who populate the UK prisons, because they have been convicted of crimes..
http://www.barenakedislam.com/2016/0...utside-the-uk/

There is just any number of things Trump could talk about.

Old 02-06-2017, 04:42 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Trump will end up being more popular than Obama in the UK.

Obama destroyed this reputation in the UK when he interfered in the Brexit vote, threatening the people of the UK that they would lose their trade deals, and be put at the back of the queue.

Trump put the UK in the front of the queue, so yes, Trump will become much more popular than Obama in the UK.

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Have y'all watched the antics in Parliment? They all yell insults at each other.

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Still crying I see. Get over it. You backed a loser and lost the election. DT is the POTUS and all your butt-hurt whining isn't going to change that fact.
Is that all you've got? No, I'm not whining at all. I agree, he is the President. I was only pointing out a fact. Theresa May invited him, but that doesn't mean everyone is happy about it. I was responding to a post indicating that, when/if Trump addresses the Parliament, it will prove this to be false. We've invited many controversial world leaders to the White House.

Old 02-06-2017, 04:43 PM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Is that all you've got? No, I'm not whining at all. I agree, he is the President. I was only pointing out a fact. Theresa May invited him, but that doesn't mean everyone is happy about it. I was responding to a post that said when Trump addresses the Parliament, it will prove this to be false.
You're whining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies