Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2017, 09:20 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northshorenative View Post
If she is using someone else's SS # and the owner of the SS# is also working and putting money in as well, how would it be "unclaimed?" When I go to collect, they look at "my" earnings - all of the money I earned and paid under my social security number. They have no way of knowing whether I earned it or someone else using my name earned it.

And, if it's unclaimed, we all benefit! Money paid in that the government gets to use to reduce the deficit. Surely you are in favor of a reduced deficit.
Oh really? How does the victim benefit when they're accused of tax fraud? You see there is a W2 with their SS number on it stating they earned money they didn't earn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
It's "unclaimed" because you didn't earn it---the ID thief earned it. The SSN looks carefully at your lifetime earnings before cutting your first check. They would pick up any unauthorized use of your number.

You are really naive as to how things work.

If someone else is currently using your SSN, the SSA won't tell you. You only find out when the IRS comes after you for not filing a return for a job you never worked.

Despicably, there is a huge loophole in the law that says if someone is using your SSN but not using your name with it, it's okay. No one on either side of the aisle has made any attempt to rectify this. So, the SSA is well aware if someone is using your SSN either through outright ID theft (using your name, too) or using a fake SSN (using the illegal's name with it) that actually belongs to a living person.

Don't believe it? Do some googling.
^^^^this. Now it's up to the victim to try and get this mess straightened out. It will also cost them.

I guess northshorenative thinks the victim can just go after this woman to redeem the money they're out for this problem.....LOL...sigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 09:22 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,334 times
Funny how the right wing was not celebrating when Obama was deporting.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:25 PM

30,638 posts, read 18,227,675 times
From what I understand, the woman's husband is illegal, too. Look, I don't want to sound unkind, but we have laws and the woman broke them. While I can sympathize with the fact that she was trying to build a better life for herself and her family, so are millions of others who are lawfully waiting in line trying to do it the right way. IF a thief breaks into your house as s/he is trying to get money for his/her family, do you feel that such individual should be simply let go because s/he had the "right motivations?" Give me a break!

Note: the woman's children, while US citizens, are also citizens of Mexico. Nothing is stopping them from going to Mexico to live with her.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:30 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
From what I understand, the woman's husband is illegal, too. Look, I don't want to sound unkind, but we have laws and the woman broke them. While I can sympathize with the fact that she was trying to build a better life for herself and her family, so are millions of others who are lawfully waiting in line trying to do it the right way. IF a thief breaks into your house as s/he is trying to get money for his/her family, do you feel that such individual should be simply let go because s/he had the "right motivations?" Give me a break!

Note: the woman's children, while US citizens, are also citizens of Mexico. Nothing is stopping them from going to Mexico to live with her.
So it really is all about brown removal, regardless of status, after all. Based on your highlighted post, Why should her daughters, who are Americans, even contemplate leaving the only life they've ever known for Mexico, a country they've never been to?
What possible logic can you give to support that?

Old 02-09-2017, 09:32 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
So it really is all about brown removal, regardless of status, after all. Based on your highlighted post, Why should her daughters, who are Americans, even contemplate leaving the only life they've ever known for Mexico, a country they've never been to?
To them, hate > logic.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:44 PM

30,638 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Ah, it didn't take long for a leftist to play the race card. The fact that her children are Mexican citizens, too, and are free to join the mother in one of their countries of citizenship just goes to show that the family need not be broken up. Of course, the children are free to remain here (provided they are of legal age and/or have others to care for them here), but no one is disputing that. Question, though: if an illegal immigrant gives birth shortly after crossing the border, said illegal's offspring is still an American citizen. Should the offspring be expected to go with the illegal immigrant mother or should said offspring be left here?

Old 02-09-2017, 09:48 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
Buncha invaders complaining because a criminal, felon invader got the boot. They are all welcome to follow her back to wherever she came from, and stay there.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:53 PM

5,735 posts, read 3,252,971 times
She also stole someone's social security number and used it to collect benefits. If she was here so long why didn't she just become a legal citizen the right way? As sad as it is, the law is the law. If this was another country she probably would have been deported along time ago. Don't want to follow our laws? Don't live here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I don't know if this was intentional or what but this was a very stupid move for ICE. The woman in question is the mother of two American citizens, both minors I believe. In other words, she is a very sympathetic person and the pictures on TV of her children clinging to a van in which their mom is locked up and the interviews of her bawling children are guaranteed to pull at the heart strings of moms everywhere. If they wanted to make a spectacle of Trump's policy, they certainly achieved that. Why not arrest some drug dealer, gang banger, recalcitrant DUI violator instead? Lord knows we have enough of them.

Old 02-09-2017, 10:09 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
She also stole someone's social security number and used it to collect benefits. If she was here so long why didn't she just become a legal citizen the right way? As sad as it is, the law is the law. If this was another country she probably would have been deported along time ago. Don't want to follow our laws? Don't live here.
Ah, could you link us to the proof that she stole benefits using the stolen social security numbers? Or even a vague report from some source besides the 6" of dead air between the ears?
Thanks for your prompt response.

Old 02-09-2017, 10:16 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Her brood are American citizens. They have broken no laws. Only someone with an axe to grind specifically against Latino American Citizens would say such a thing.
She's an illegal alien and a CRIMINAL.

She should have thought about her kids before breaking laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies