Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 06:30 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...ditto to that...
Me too.

McCain is human filthy McCain is the type of nitwit that would abandon a wife who waited years for him to return who was grievously injured in an automobile accident. You know what they say; for better or worse or until something better with money comes along.

That is the dirtbag McCain.

1/18th Infantry Brigade
First Infantry Division
Vietnam 1968-1969
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 06:31 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Well, it's tough to disagree, since they're both cheaters. McCain is 80 and I often see him and say, "he should retire". Every time Obama is mentioned, you can see by his expression how resentful he is because he lost his final shot at the presidency.

Maybe we should start a new thread, and at my age, I shouldn't discriminate, but there are too many octogenarians in power today. OTOH, I am praying for Justice Ginsberg to live a very long life!
I don't really judge other people's marriages. My own ex brother in law cheated on my sister I don't know how many times. He is a cheater, and that is fine. I don't really believe a cheater has strong moral characters. So I can understand why some folks have doubts about McCain.

They say John McCain's 1969 “Tokyo Rose” Propaganda Recording Released and I watched that video on yourtube. I don't know what he has done over there. He could be a war hero. Good for him. I have my doubts. That is all. I also believe a war hero can be criticized, yes, even by civilians who have never served.

He should just enjoy his status and retire, in my opinion.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:31 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Who is McCiain?

Old 02-09-2017, 06:37 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
I consider mccain a hero, and a decent man, but that doesn't mean he's always right by default.

since OP didn't bother with a link, here's one-
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e73bc936ff08

Old 02-09-2017, 09:08 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Well, that eliminates every.single.man who survived the North Vietnamese prison camps. Being thrown into a filthy cell in solitary for YEARS, being starved and having the holy hell beat out of you every single day by sadistic prison guards, being hung from the ceiling after your arms have been yanked from their sockets and tied behind your back while someone screams "Americans have forgotten you!!" eliminates "six packs".

I remember when those men came home. I watched them come off the planes. I knew their wives and their children. Every single one of them, even those who had been permanently crippled and whose faces reflected the hell they endured, looked fabulous to me.

BTW: Many marriages fell apart when they came home. Some men had been prisoners for over a decade. They changed. Their wives changed. Not all could cope with the horrible things that happened to the POW's. It wasn't just McCain. Some men came home and found their wives had made new lives without them. I'd guess there were probably women who wanted a "six pack".... not the broken skeleton that came home to them. The McCains' marriage did not survive, but his children from that marriage remain loyal, and close, to him.
well, My best friend (24 at the time) stayed with his wife after she lost her look following a car accident.

He (my best friend) is an incredibly good person. He has urges. He has things that he wants to get, whether it is money, fame or respect. He wants all those things, just as anybody else would.

But he can't ignore other people's misery. He just can't ignore it, it is his nature. He will reach out to other people when they need him.

It is a virtue to endure the unfairness of life.

well, I don't judge other people's marriage, like you said, some marriages survive, some won't. Hey it is life.

But when a grown ass man dumped his wife after his wife had a car accident, you cannot really blame others for questioning his character. Hey, it is life.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:45 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,122,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
And a turncoat against his own party. Selected Sarah Palin as his running mate? Perfect. In 2004, he came slithering into Colorado trying to scam folks out of a vote and our water. He got neither.

Y'all can just stick a D after his name.

Wonder if he's in George Soros pocket too.
He's a Democrat.

Actually soros did donate to the illegal lover

Old 02-10-2017, 12:20 AM

1,896 posts, read 811,827 times
Trump supporters keep showing their true colors. Absolutely pathetic.

Old 02-10-2017, 12:33 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
Trump supporters keep showing their true colors. Absolutely pathetic.
No surprise. For right-wingers, bigotry trumps all, even patriotism. Appeal to their hatred and they're yours forever.

Trump promised to ban the Muslims and deport the Mexicans. For that, right-wingers would urinate on the Vietnam Memorial if he asked them to.

Old 02-10-2017, 12:54 AM

13,273 posts, read 7,316,697 times
Trumps a draft dodger that grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth never faced a bad day in his life I do agree with some of his politics he has some good ideas. I don't agree with Mccain's politics and yes he also grew up with connected parents but he risked his life for a stupid war that should have never happened did it anyway. It takes nuts to do what he did lot of guys were just outright killed then to face torture is some dingy NV prison for years in my book he paid his dues was he a hero I don't know what a hero is maybe if you save 100's people in line of fire I have respect that Mccain went above and beyond what citizens are asked to do.

Old 02-10-2017, 02:27 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
No surprise. For right-wingers, bigotry trumps all, even patriotism. Appeal to their hatred and they're yours forever.

Trump promised to ban the Muslims and deport the Mexicans. For that, right-wingers would urinate on the Vietnam Memorial if he asked them to.
It looks like you are the one with the hatred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Trumps a draft dodger that grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth never faced a bad day in his life I do agree with some of his politics he has some good ideas. I don't agree with Mccain's politics and yes he also grew up with connected parents but he risked his life for a stupid war that should have never happened did it anyway. It takes nuts to do what he did lot of guys were just outright killed then to face torture is some dingy NV prison for years in my book he paid his dues was he a hero I don't know what a hero is maybe if you save 100's people in line of fire I have respect that Mccain went above and beyond what citizens are asked to do.
Trump is not a draft-dodger. A draft-dodger is someone who is ordered to report for the draft on a certain date and does not. William the Impeached is a draft-dodger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies